PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training

deepbluesomethin
13th Jun 2005, 08:05
Hey Everyone..

Juz a quick question...which wld be the best flight training school down under for international students...as i intend to complete my flight training & head back home ASAP. coupla factors to keep in mind
1. reasonable cost/fees(as i am intending on taking a student loan)
2. well maintained fleet(so that i can finish my reqd hrs ASAP)
3. reputed instructors CASA examination per se
4. which wld be the best area for inexpensive accomodation(budget living expenses)

I'd be very grateful if u'll cld help me out on this..adieus

God Bless

cleggs
15th Jun 2005, 06:34
The Royal Victorian Aero Club at Moorabbin airport in Melbourne gets a lot of international students, particularly from India. Their fees are comparable to anywhere else, they have a large fleet and their CFI can help you with arranging visas, accomodation, etc

B'z
19th Jun 2005, 10:58
Which areas in Australia are you thinking of staying at?

deepbluesomethin
20th Jun 2005, 14:35
yah i have been looking at RVAC have heard that its the best in the Moorabbin area...essentially I am looking at schools in the Melbourne area as work is easily available & since I will be there on a student visa...I would prefer to work & complete my flying training...working part-time & flight training is it practical...i was juz wondering...would appreciate ur take on this...txxx

FO Cokebottle
22nd Jun 2005, 06:37
Chris Gobel
Bendigo Aviation Services
03 5443 1030

Professional training (Chris Ex Check/Training Capt Australian Airlines - the old one that was absorbed into QF...another thread on that)

Long established operator (TRG/CHTR) in Bendigo (two hours from MEL)

Aircraft are extremely well maintained.

BDG outside CTR, Nil LDG/PKG fees, therefore additional charges are non-existant

If IFR TRG - BDG has NDB with YMEN ILS is only 20 min flying away and Mangalor VOR is same flying time away.

BDG is on the edge of the NW Victorian Plain so weather is less of a limiting factor.

Bendigo is a rural city and very friendly with a few great watering holes - and the girls are up for most things - or they were when i was there.

Accommodation can be arranged if full time student.

airway_manual
22nd Jun 2005, 07:27
GFS or RMIT both located in Melbourne........If you have $75'000 to spend!

KID Quality
22nd Jun 2005, 11:33
Don't narrrow your view, NZ has the more challenging and therfore worthwhile experience!
PM me for the name of the best of the best :cool:

Left Wing
23rd Jun 2005, 02:56
I am keen on the same, any web sites for the above schools

cheers.

deepbluesomethin
23rd Jun 2005, 13:50
thanks a lot for the info. people...btw waddya guyz think bout flight training in NZ compared to Australia...& where does NZ stand in world aviation in terms of pilot training, etc

ibaker
23rd Jun 2005, 22:50
Try Shepparton - they have the cheapest rates, the best weather, cheap accom and they are a club instead of a high price school so there are many activities and a lot of comradship

deepbluesomethin
24th Jun 2005, 12:44
okk..is this the flying club ur referring to
"Goulburn Valley Aero Club"

ibaker
24th Jun 2005, 23:18
>okk..is this the flying club ur referring to
"Goulburn Valley Aero Club"

That's correct