PDA

View Full Version : Virgin/RAAF Job Swap

Buckshot
13th Jun 2005, 03:48
This month's Voyeur magazine has an interesting article in it (see here (http://www.virginblue.com.au/products/voyeur/jun05/index.php?section=In%20a%20Spin) )
It's about a DJ captain and a Roulette pilot who are doing a 'skill sharing' session and job swap.
I'm just wondering how this works... Do they actually just observe or does the RAAF pilot already have a 737 endorsment? I can remember reading a while back about a similar scheme at VS where a pilot worked part time on long haul and part time for the RAF on fast jet. Is this a similar thing?
(BTW: How many 30 year old skippers are there around? Impressive!)

Alien Sex God
13th Jun 2005, 22:28
Nah mate, its just more free publicity for the Virgins.

ruprecht
14th Jun 2005, 01:47
“And a few years ago, when Steve Fossett’s attempt to fly solo around the world in a balloon failed and he ditched in the ocean, I rescued him.”

Hee,hee,hee............:D

How much heat are you copping over this, Mirv?:p

Soopster
26th Jun 2005, 21:40
And I was there with ya ruprecht!!

tinpis
27th Jun 2005, 01:00
Sells magazines and newspapers.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/masturbate.gif

Chris Higgins
27th Jun 2005, 23:30
Do you think his mum still drives him to the airport?

Mr.Buzzy
28th Jun 2005, 06:06
I'd say who cares who drives you to the airport. I still bum rides to the airport with whoever I can these days, friends, neighbours, family, nobody is safe from a favour.

Here's a couple of guys with a story to tell. The article has had a great response from the public. This is afterall a public magazine, with public opinion more important than the personal opinion of a few sooky tall poppy hunters.

The VB chap mentioned is perhaps one of the best operators in the game, the fact that he has achieved what he has at his age and has stayed so balanced is testament to this. I can't comment on the Raffy but I'd say that a mate of Capt.D would have to be AOK :ok:

So if you've got a story that the public might find interesting, by all means, give it to your PR department and maybe it will get published in your airlines magazine, if not, consider yourself having "little to add" and f*&k right off!

bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz:ok: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gliderboy
29th Jun 2005, 18:20
reprecht

you are obviously envious of Mirv

You seem to attack him at every turn

Perhaps you should just chill

Gliderboy

ruprecht
29th Jun 2005, 23:49
gliderboy,

Obviously :hmm:

ruprecht

Alien Sex God
30th Jun 2005, 13:28
Mr Buzzy are you that tight that you won't drive yourself to the airport?