PDA

View Full Version : Garage closed?

Mister Angry
23rd Dec 2000, 05:22
Just called FLS to get something done...it would appear that the garage is closed.
Yes, everyone's gone away, including the company cat. Nobody around to even do a measly 'A' check until 2001.
What's the reason for this then??

unwrapping the aog
23rd Dec 2000, 17:41
Mister Angry:

What you will probably find is that the management and office staff have finished for 2 weeks over christmas, whilst on the shop floor engineers will be busting a gut to try and get the aircraft out before christmas in the vain hope of getting a day off during the holidays, of course they are now trying to do this without any back up from planning, tech services etc.

This is what happened every christmas for the 10 years I worked there anyway, and now as a customer I can confirm this as our CMG contract support officer told me yesterday that he will be off until the 8th JAN.

ps. Was it MAN, or STN you were talking to?

Chilli Source
23rd Dec 2000, 20:04
Mr.A & Others,

You are indeed correct, little more than a skeleton staff @ STN until 2nd Jan. The company cat is also AWOL.... 'Twas the night before Xmas....and all the Duty Manager mobiles were turned off.

2000 has brought changes to FLS, but not nearly enough.......

Chilli Source

[This message has been edited by Chilli Source (edited 23 December 2000).]

SchmiteGoBust
24th Dec 2000, 01:42
But they are "The no.1 maintenance organisation to meet all your airlines needs".
Surely this cannot be happening!!!!!!!!!
Wonder whether they are guilty of false advertising. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

old-timer
24th Dec 2000, 18:24
try the A.A.

(Airplane eng' Anonymous ?)

jetfueldrinker
24th Dec 2000, 19:04
Mr. Angry

I don't know about the size of your operation, but has anyone in your organisation considered investing in your own maintenance facility? With the cost of FLS provided maintenance about to rise, plus the non financial quantifiables (ie, you can get your airctaft maintained when you want it done, not when 3rd party providers tell you when there is a slot), surely it must start to make sence to at least investigate the possibilities of aquiring your own hangar etc. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all our readers.

JFD

Mister Angry
27th Dec 2000, 13:34
Dear all,

Thanks for all the above info!
In response to an earlir post, it was STN that I was after the other night, with no luck.
As to the suggestion of creating a maintenance facility to avoid such situations...well I don't think it's a practical solution, due the effort and expense required.
FLS make a selling point that the customer is freed of all associated costs re the PMO
and this is true, however, it would be appreciated if they would actually make good on their promises all the time, instead of the 'hit and miss' approach currently employed!
Thanks once again folks!

Mr. A.

Skytrucker87
28th Dec 2000, 05:20
Mister Angry,

I regret that you have been inconvenienced in this way. Can I assure you that the priority desks have indeed been continuously manned every day including Christmas Day.

Obviously those desks cannot carry out engineering functions but I believe that engineering support albeit limited was available and that any concerns about availability of spares should have been directed to the Priority team.

There ARE folks at FLS who do actually care about Customer Service and are concerned when complaints such as yours are voiced.