PDA

View Full Version : New easyJet and Ryanair bases

Cleared ILS approach
12th Jun 2005, 18:45
Dear all,

Both FR and EZY tell on their website that they should announce soon 2 new bases for each of them. Does anybody have some infos/rumours to share.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

micia
13th Jun 2005, 20:31
I heard a rumor about Easy making Linate a base and that they have asked some pilots from the Swiss side to go there and they do not want to.
Can anyone say if this is true or not?

Kraut
13th Jun 2005, 22:35
Sounds like rumour, not the Base necessarily, but the pilot rumour.
Why should the swiss guys go to a new base in Italy, when they are just filling up their new base in BSL?
In the German press EZY is talking of opening up a new base in Germany.

FlyLowCost
14th Jun 2005, 05:56
I heard a rumor about Easy making Linate a base

Come on.... also child know LIN is a slots restricted airport and it's ruled by an act that tell where you can fly (south Italy and European capitals only plus European airport over 40m pax per year) and the number of frequencies (no limits to FCO and PSO routes to Sardinia, max 3 daily to LHR, max 2 daily to CTA, BRI, NAP, PMO, FRA, CDG; and 1 daily to all the others allowed destinations). Some airlines with many slots like AZ, AP and VA use others flight codes (for AZ they use XM AZ Express; for VA Air Europe PE, for AP LH and GJ) to offer more frequencies.

In this kind of confusion how do you think EZY could open a base??

orangetree
14th Jun 2005, 08:35
so why would Easy want Swiss pilots for LIN when the aircraft would be on the UK AOC? I would think LIN is well down the list of possibles..like near the bottom. In Germany the German press think they are getting another base. In France the French press think they are getting another base. In Spain the Spanish press think they are getting a base (or 2). In reality, they'll probably all get more bases......eventually. Don't go packing the suitcase yet though.

Gufo
14th Jun 2005, 09:37
Well, in the humble opinion of a LIN based F/O, the REAL problem for EZY pilots in LIN would be.....

CAR PARKING!!!!!!!!!!! :ouch: :ugh: :} :*

Anyway, when I got stranded by VA, I applied for EZY, as well... They could have told me. Just in case :rolleyes: