PDA

View Full Version : CYPRUS--Kris Kebab

iccarus
12th Jun 2005, 18:38
Would anyone have the number of kris kebab, from the strip at Akrotiri. Need to do some planning for upcoming APC.
Thanks in advance
iccarus

truckiebloke
12th Jun 2005, 18:40
i think you have already had one too may kebabs young iccarus....

exleckie
12th Jun 2005, 18:42
Will post it on here tomorrow unless someone else beats me to it. But why kris kebab? there a far better places which are not too far away

StopStart
12th Jun 2005, 18:53
:rolleyes:

No no no no......not Chris Kebab..... Although I guess it is traditional that the APCs go there, get fed grilled cat and then fleeced..... Other places in the village much better!

mr ripley
12th Jun 2005, 18:56
Chris Kebabs 25952036
Polis 25952303
Sylvana's 25952043

Good luck

PS 00 357 then the above number.

D-IFF_ident
12th Jun 2005, 19:03
Is Sylvana's open again?

I heard that the owner had passed away. Very sad - my favourite.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
12th Jun 2005, 20:08
Greg, the owner of Sylvana's was most definitely alive last Sunday when I dined there.

I believe he had been ill, and Sylvana's was closed for a short time.

The confusion may have arisen as around the same time that Greg was ill, Soph, the owner of one of the Ladies Mile tavernas sadly died earlier this year.

iccarus

Part of your planning must be transport. Akrotiri is so quiet now that the taxi drivers are in semi-retirement. Can't blame them, if there's no business.

If you are planning a large one down Chris Kebab he will pick you up in his bus.

iccarus
12th Jun 2005, 20:17
Thanks guys-much appreciated!
Reason for Kris Kebab is that i was told he had a minibus/coach and could do an all inclusive deal, but would be willing to accept advice from anyone who knows better!!

truckiebloke--find it hard to accept banter of a ladyboy like yourself, particularly with such poor grammar!!!
:D

CBA_caption
12th Jun 2005, 21:12
Pick you up, drop you off and feed you in the middle. All for a very reasonable fee!

You can't beat sqeaky cheese

CBA

Bob Viking
13th Jun 2005, 08:51
Christ mate you're organised!
You could just do what every other squadron does. Pitch up have a few jugs of brandy sours then fight over who gets to ring the taxi (before making the junior scrote do it) and pile down to the strip.
The numbers are all on the wall in every accomodation block anyway so I'd say you have plenty of time.
BV

The Rogue
13th Jun 2005, 16:17
Iccarus

Another snag I have had in the past is leaving the Sqn party planning until I arrived.... inevitably clashing with Mess do's etc. Worth sorting a date for that well in advance. Especially coming up to the summer season.

BEagle
13th Jun 2005, 17:11
And do remember that you won't be the first APC the schoolies, nurses etc will have ever met.......;)

They are still there, aren't they? Haven't been contractobolloxed like the rest of the RAF has?

iccarus - it's pretty revolutionary for an APC Det to have considered organising a kebab-ex so far in advance. Worryingly so, indeed.

But Chris give you good kebab, best kokinelli, free filfar if you ask nicely.... But only if he's there in person, otherwise it can be a bit variable.

And the rules state that:

1. Someone will forget their 1250 and have a discussionette with gate plod on the way back.
2. Someone will discover that those nice jugs of reddish-orange fluid in the Officers Mess are not really all that low in alcohol.
3. Someone will redecorate the interior of Chris' bus with hint-of-one-previous-owner-kebab.
4. In the early hours you will awaken to the ever-important question. Can you make it from your pit to the trap before an irregular release of partly digested brandy sour, kebab, filfar and those really sensible post-kebab-Keos-at-the-block occurs? This may occur in either an upwards or a downwards direction..... Either can be spectacular in nature.

But have fun - APCs are a blast!

Impiger
13th Jun 2005, 20:36
I understand someone has put covers over the storm drains in Akronelli. How wimpish! Part of the skill of the place was making it back from the bar without falling in one and staying there until morning.

Facingrear
14th Jun 2005, 07:37
"Akrotiri is so quiet now that the taxi drivers are in semi-retirement. Can't blame them, if there's no business."

Having used this 'service' for the last 17 yrs, I don't think you could come across a more unhelpful, ungrateful, unrealiable bunch of legalised crooks running a so called business. I have seen guys react quicker to the blow of thier Mercedes horn outside BB101 then respond to a Tacival in RAFG, only because you know they'll be off after waiting the standard 45 seconds!
By the way, tel number if required: 25952510 Don't bother Sundays, you've no chance!!

exleckie
14th Jun 2005, 11:04
I don't think you could come across a more unhelpful, ungrateful, unrealiable bunch of legalised crooks running a so called business.

Are these the same crooks who found my wallet in the footwell of one of their cars after I dropped it on the way out of the door? (yes I was drunk), kept it locked away in their office overnight, rang me to say that they had found it and could I come and collect it.

If they were crooks, how come the 4 x £10 notes that were left in there were still, well, er, there? Why did they refuse a £5 tip?

Perhaps if the people on APC's treated these people with respect, they might give some back.

Next time you are in Aki, politely ask one of the drivers for their mobile number and they will gladly hand it over.

Facingrear
14th Jun 2005, 11:37
Ex-Leckie ...it was ment tongue in check but very nice to hear good story !!