PDA

View Full Version : Starting Reluctance - 250C20

EESDL
12th Jun 2005, 17:36
Any thoughts on the reason why an allison doesn't like starting within 30 minutes of shutting down?
No clackers/auto-relight lights on start.
Am thinkng it's to do with a cracked Ignitor Plug - is this plausible?

HeliEng
12th Jun 2005, 17:48
EESDL,

Yes, is plausable. Also might be your ignitor box playing up.

Had similar problem on Jet Ranger but wouldn't start when cold, but would go like a dream if just shut down. Changed the ignitor, all was well!

Good luck

Helieng

EESDL
13th Jun 2005, 08:11
Hey, Helieng is alive and kicking! Happy New Year to you!!
If I recall, me thinks it was HMPH that didn't like starting within 15 minutes of shutdown - quite embarrassing when just done a drop off for a punter trying to impress their clients:-)

Hughes500
14th Jun 2005, 12:55
Check the bellows in the fcu. I had the problem the other way round. When cold she would light off at a peak of 850 degrees when warm this would be 700. The bellows was sticky !

Gomer Pylot
17th Jun 2005, 03:29
I think it's also possible that the fuel nozzle and/or the igniter might need cleaning. I've also seen the nozzle shimmed incorrectly, causing strange lightoff problems. Cleaning should be easy enough, and done on regular inspections.

Heli-Ice
24th Jun 2005, 00:20
I've spotted a niche here!

A helicopter "ON" button.....

and the simple systems to follow! (with all the certification stuff that goes with it and the cost and... :sad: ...ahhh well maybe it was not such a good idea after all...)