PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta Licence Type?

wheels up
11th Jun 2005, 21:14
Can anyone tell me what licence type you need to fly for Air Atlanta. (ICAO or JAR)

Thanks!

747fanatic
12th Jun 2005, 23:59
They prefer JAA and FAA over ICAO. However not all ICAO are acceptable.

wheels up
13th Jun 2005, 07:08
Thanks!

Would they consider a pilot with South African ATPL, 3000 hrs TT of which +/- 1300 multi twin turbine?

Flying Mechanic
13th Jun 2005, 10:49
Which ICAO ATPLS do they accept? I would be interested to know?I met some Air Atlanta Pilots on the crew bus the other night and they said AA had hired f/o's with Navajo time......any truth anyone?

despegue
14th Jun 2005, 08:37
I'm on the B737 with AAI, and On this fleet, we only take people with a type-rating and minimum 200h on type. You must at least have finished your line-training.
Pay and atmosphere is good (if you like the lifestyle of ACMI airlines) and standard on the flight-deck high.

Watch Paris Air Show for an AAI order apparantly...

Atlanta-Driver
4th Jul 2005, 12:35
There seems to be a misconseption about licences. JAA and FAA are ICAO. All 3 are accepted. However JAA is preferred over FAA and other licences. Might find it difficult to get a job on a Gabonese ATPL. But if you hold a JAA ATPL and are trainable you might get in with Chieftain time or just flight instructing under your belt.
If however you are of a non-European origin (Not a citizen) and do not have a full JAA licence you will have to have appropriate type rating, time in type and a minimum of 1500 hours flying in JAR25 aircraft to qualify.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

AD

gerhardv8
7th Jul 2005, 17:39
Are there any ex HYDRO AIR CARGO crew flying for Air Atlanta and if so does the routing incl Kinshasa?

PIA747
8th Jul 2005, 15:59
Is AAI still accepting senior B747 captains over the age of 60?

Flying Mechanic
10th Jul 2005, 00:37
I applied to them via the online application / website.
I have FAA/UAE and Oz Licences and currently flying a Beech 1900 in Dubai. Does anyone know how much of a chance I will have?My total time is 3700 (1200 Turbine). I am also a British citizen.

montys ex teaboy
10th Jul 2005, 09:12
Flying Mechanic

During my stay at AAI I observed the following.

If you apply to AAI via Airborne Personal, mountain high, call it what you like its still AA, your details will be vetted by an evaluation board (one man?). If you are not blown out in the first instance, your position within AAI, will then be determined. This happens BEFORE interview, tech examinations or any other checks carried out on you. I am in possession of correspondence supporting this.

You never know if they like the look you (bxxx xxxr?) they may put you straight into the LHS

You think I'm joking? Think again.

Atlanta-Driver
10th Jul 2005, 17:51
I would not pay too much attention to montys ex teaboy. Fact remains. One needs to meet ICAA/JAA minimum requirements for validation as PIC or SIC, namely 1500 of MPA time in either capacity. Without that , not a chance.

AD