PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who does the charters for Ocean Village Holiday flights to Palma?

Guern
11th Jun 2005, 18:09
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows who operates the flights to Palma for Oceanvillage? Thinking of going with them for a stay at a hotel then a cruise.

Any info gratefully received.

Ta

Guern

Goldryder
11th Jun 2005, 18:16
Think its BMI, but not sure. Might be an idea to contact, or your friends to contact Ocean Village to find out, having said that the flight details are on the ATOL receipt they had when their holiday was confirmed. I know on my cruise later this year, all the flight details are on there.

wan2fly
11th Jun 2005, 18:21
At BHX - TCX operate these flights I have done a few already in the past month or so - not much difference to normal PMI service. Same aircraft 757-200 235 config etc etc.

Guern
11th Jun 2005, 18:38
booking says flight to be confirmed, hence why I asked the question.

Any help gratefully received.

Goldryder
11th Jun 2005, 18:44
I spose the difference is that the cruise I am going on is via scheduled not charter flights. Have to admit to being surprised to have my flight #'s etc 6 months in advance of travel.

Globaliser
12th Jun 2005, 08:20
Goldryder: I spose the difference is that the cruise I am going on is via scheduled not charter flights. Have to admit to being surprised to have my flight #'s etc 6 months in advance of travel.Are you on an Ocean Village cruise as well? If so, how did you manage to end up on scheduled flights?

I know most cruise lines will put most pax on sched flights, but OV is one of the exceptions which (AFAIK) insists that you go on their charters, no alternatives - even for trans-Atlantic flights. It's one of the reasons why I haven't even considered them to date. If there's a way around it, it would be interesting to know.

Goldryder
12th Jun 2005, 08:26
No, not on Ocean Village, I'm going with Norwegian Cruise Line from Valparaiso, flying to Santiago de Chile with Iberia in December, flying back with Iberia from Buenos Aires in January.

Globaliser
12th Jun 2005, 17:22
Thanks. NCL have been very good to me, too - they have usually accommodated all of my scheduled flight requests with no difficulty whatever, and I can be a difficult b*gger about my flights when I feel like it.

Enjoy your cruise - that'll be a fun one!

Guern
12th Jun 2005, 17:39
Goldryder - If you are not going on an Oceanvillage cruise why bother to post what you have? You didn't mention that you weren't going on an ocean village cruise, so in what way is it helpful to tel me you are flying scheduled!

pamann
13th Jun 2005, 01:40
Simple question, simple answer; ThomsonFly operate weekly flight onbehalf of Ocean Village Tuesday's throughout the Summer (05) season ex LGW, STN & MAN. (Charter Service).

p.s. I should just add that from the South of UK is only 1hr 50 mins usually to Palma so why are you that fussed?
All flights of this lenghth are pretty much the same, I mean don\'t expect the earth you\'re flying to Palma not the Philippines!
:D :D :D :D :D

Guern
14th Jun 2005, 18:38
Thanks just wondering who it was and what kit. Just curiosity rather than anything else. Guess it must be a 757.

Guern