PDA

View Full Version : IMP vs DRAGSTER

I.R.PIRATE
11th Jun 2005, 18:06
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/irpirate/image002.jpg

Anyone seen this display yet?? I hear they make quite a showstopper.

Solid Rust Twotter
11th Jun 2005, 19:04
Would be if they could get the car to work...:E

BAKELA
11th Jun 2005, 20:20
IR PIRATE,

Haven't seen it yet. For the unenlightened this may seem to be incredible, no doubt enhanced by the continuous intervention of decibels to the most redicolous degree, but for those with acquaintainceship related to an aircraft with the performance virtues of an Impala MkI (even though not the cherry blossom of jets) it is obvious (from the photograph) that the lift enhancing/landing speed reducing devices at the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilising and lift producing device are deployed partially.

In plain, this visually confirms to us that this airborne machine is locomoting along at a severely reduced speed compared to optimum operational specifications and thus has a very impartial accelaration profile compared to the land-locked four wheeled animalised devise of much less weight which achieves locomotion through a direct axle drive connected to the turf through four very rigid rubberized round devices. This whilst the airborne machine is at a disability in attempting furiously to convert fuel from decibels into forward locomotive units, at a much reduced rate compared to the land-locked four wheeled device. Only the artificially applied white straight boundary line at the end of the permanent roadbed will realize the facts.

The public loves it and so do I. Go IMP!!! :ok:

south coast
11th Jun 2005, 21:08
but it might be a fairer race, if the dragster would be allowed to cross the starting line at the same speed at which the extremely modern jet is flying at when it crosses the start line...

since the dragster is therefore handicapped by having to start from stationary, the fact that those devices with which you described so well are deployed, perhaps balances out the race...

BAKELA
11th Jun 2005, 21:23
SC,

Bakgat boogie! You said "perhaps balances out the race...". I believe we have three winners here...the public, the dragster and the Imp. I'm just happy the public pays to see this and it keeps the dragsters in business and most important to me...it keeps an Imp in the air. Go booitjies!:ok: