PDA

View Full Version : Bookajet- has beens?

DC10 Crew
11th Jun 2005, 16:48
Does anyone know what has happened to Bookajet after Club Airways of Geneva have gone bankrupt, afterall Bookajet had all their eggs in the Club Airways basket.

Rumour has it that the new venture Club 328 (Bookajet rebranded) is in deep trouble, Southampton gone and Farnborough hanging on!

:O

Mark Lewis
11th Jun 2005, 17:01
New Premier delievered to them this week, guess that was ordered long before the Club Airways problems.

To say they had ALL their eggs in the Club Airways basket seems a bit untrue, as everywhere you look they seem to have some kind of an influence!

DC10 Crew
11th Jun 2005, 17:27
So what happened to their Southampton operation, the operations staff and their engineering facilities?

Funny they had up to four aircraft flying for Club Airways in any one week, they bought 328's to enhance the Club service, so where are they now.

Not to be confused with Club 326 and Bookajet Aircraft Management!

:cool:

Mark Lewis
11th Jun 2005, 18:04
Ah OK well its Bookajet Aircraft Management who has the Premier registered to them, exactly what the relationship between the many different companies is I havent a clue!

727 exec
12th Jun 2005, 10:29
Bookajet was providing a commercial service to Club 328...Bookajet saw the writing on the wall and withdrew their services (and retained their own brand name of Bookajet - thereby forcing the Club328 operation to rebrand as Club328).

Club 328 have continued as a completely separate operation with the Hawkers and 328's - at Southampton...and who knows what will happen with the demise of Club Airways.

Bookajet have relocated as a completely independant operation to Farnborough. They look after the chartering of at least one Gulfstream 550, and have just taken on the management of the Premier 1.

So - Bookajet and Club 328 are NOT one and the same...there is NO relationship between the two companies...and, as far as I can see - Bookajet is very much alive and doing very nicely 'thank you'!!

ps no - I don't work for them, but I do read the various press releases

Chippie Chappie
12th Jun 2005, 10:32
As you guys seem a bit confused, I'll help you out a little. Club Airways, Club 328 and Bookajet are all different companies (although they used to be linked in business).

Club Airways went bankrupt but are looking at starting again with a new backer.

Club 328 is alive and kicking in Southampton with aircraft, ops staff and engineering facilities.

Bookajet operates both a brokerage and management facility based at Farnborough.

DC10 - don't know were you got your "rumor" about Club 328 being in trouble and closed down but it seems to be about as acurate as your other information.

Cheers,

Chips

(written before I saw 727exec - who does seem to know what's going on - posted.)