PDA

View Full Version : EuroManx to become dominant airline?

part69
11th Jun 2005, 15:12
EuroManx is set to become the Island’s 'dominant' airline, according to the company’s sales and marketing manager.

Seamus Byrne was speaking after EuroManx announced it had reached agreement to take over Emerald Airways’ service to Liverpool.

From Monday, the service will be solely operated by EuroManx with ten flights a day.

IB4138
11th Jun 2005, 15:48
There is nothing about this supposed development on either airlines web sites.

Where have the words of Mr Byrne been published?

3legs
11th Jun 2005, 15:56
Don't those PR type people have a wonderful way with words to make things sound wonderful!

EMX have wetleased Emerald's ATPs and their crews and are even spraying the ATP's in EMX colours! Havent they been doing this with other companies? So whats different about this stunt?

There seems to be quite a few aircraft in euromanx colours sitting on the ground costing them lots of money i should imagine and they are still using other companies and their aircraft to operate on their behalf. Surely the long awaited AOC has been issued?

Does anyone out there know what is really going on? Above all I would like to see the success of this airline...

3Legs:ok:

IB4138,

There was an interview last night on Manx Radio with Mr Byrne see www.manxradio.com and attached audio file

see also www.iomonline.co.im - Isle of Man newspapers website although nothing has appeared just yet....I should imagine it will be there on Monday....

3legs

MarkD
11th Jun 2005, 16:05
Are they planning their dominance by means of taking up all available parking at Ronaldsway?

3legs
11th Jun 2005, 16:09
MarkD,

ROFLOL There is already tight parking at Ronaldsway and they have to move some aircraft to other parts of the airfield to free up parking spaces...:D

skiddyiom
12th Jun 2005, 09:08
It would be nice to see Euromanx as "The Islands dominant carrier". However, until the delays and cancellations stop and they get around to using the aircraft they have parked then it's going to be a while.

However, the LPL "take-over" was always going to be on the cards. There simply isn't enough people on the Island to warrant that amount of flights with 2 airlines. I will be surprised if the "new dominant carrier" doesnt cut one or two out of the schedule and make it more realistic.

I just hope the ticket I have for Emerald at the end of this month is honoured and I don't miss my conection in LPL for AMS. With EM's history of delays I could be spending a couple of days festering in the 'Pool!

skiddy

redfield
12th Jun 2005, 10:27
Euromanx Dominant?? I doubt it. Their pilots arrived at our place the other day with no airside security passes and didn't even know where they were going!!! The following weekend the whole operation was nine hours behind schedule and then they subchartered to Love Air and an airline called SunAdria who (apparently) are based in Zagreb. What is going on with EMX? I think they need to sort the basics out first, THEN rectify the cancellations! They're more likely to fail than become dominant!:uhoh:

03 headset man
12th Jun 2005, 10:37
thats good news that euromanx have reached a agreement with emerald over the isle of man- liverpool route. i belive from a reliable source that a 3rd emerald atp will be ready soon to do summer charter work which is a money earner for them good luck to all

flyerz111
12th Jun 2005, 12:12
They would be well advised not to use words such as "dominant" in discussions with the press. The term "abuse of a dominant position" comes to mind if they start trying to muscle out other carriers on the rock.

Now let's sit back and keep an eye on the fares on the Liverpool route :)

IB4138
12th Jun 2005, 14:40
Somewhere, I can here an insolvency practitioner getting excited, sharpenning pencils etc...just awaiting appointment!:eek:

Hope I am wrong!

3legs
13th Jun 2005, 08:40
From Isle of Man newspapers: Make of it what you will!!

AIRLINE JOBS SAFE

EMERALD Airways has pulled out of the Liverpool route and handed it over to competitor EuroManx.
But the jobs of eight Island-based Emerald staff are not under threat and EuroManx has pledged to preserve services on the route.

The Isle of Man-based airline will offer up to 10 flights a day between Ronaldsway Airport and Liverpool.

EuroManx's managing director Warren Seymour said: 'We have been in discussions with Emerald Airways and have concluded that the way forward for both companies is to combine our strengths to ensure the stability of the route while enabling short notice capacity and frequency increases to satisfy consumer demand.

'We are also committed to offering passengers excellent value for money fares and we will continue to do so on the route. We are going to be dynamic with capacity and dynamic with fare levels.'

The two airlines have joined forces because the number of passengers could not sustain two operators.

Emerald will now concentrate on its Liverpool based freight business.

No jobs will be lost as EuroManx will take on all Emerald staff and its two 68-seat planes, which will be painted in Euromanx's colours.

Emerald chief executive Mick O'Brien said: 'We have been serving the air freight needs of the local community since our incorporation in 1992 and we are delighted that our involvement with the passenger route over the last year or so since the withdrawal of BA CitiExpress has contributed, along with EuroManx, in re-establishing the volume of passengers, lower fares and frequency of flights on this life-line route. We believe these improvements will be better sustained by one operator and look forward to supporting EuroManx with this task.'

Emerald tickets will be honoured by EuroManx.

EuroManx, which moved into offices in the freeport a week ago, is looking at more destinations with Chambray in France, for the ski season, and Eindhoven in the Netherlands and Jersey from the end of August.
13 June 2005

Helen49
13th Jun 2005, 09:08
Alas it appears that the excellent service to Fraggle Rock provided by Emerald Airways is to be no more. Shame they didn't get a bigger foot in the door earlier.

Sorry if this has resulted in any loss of jobs to the lovely cabin crew girls and the guys up front.
H49

3legs
13th Jun 2005, 11:36
Moghrey Mie H49!

Emerald have been wetleased by Euromanx All jobs safe with emerald:D

See post on Euromanx Island's "dominant" airline!!http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178192

3Legs :ok:

Mooncrest
13th Jun 2005, 13:46
Euromanx is supposed to be operating a Saturday LBA-VRN-LBA service this summer. The service was operated by a Titan 146 last Saturday and I believe the Saturday previous. Their own RJs look very fancy in the Euromanx colours but it would be nice to see a bit more of them. Incidentally, I see they are Irish registered. Who is the AOC holder/operator ?? _

atprider
13th Jun 2005, 20:56
Anybody else on the rock ( or off for that matter) hear Mr Byrne's interview on Fraggle radio ?

Apparently he says it's not Euromanx's fault that there have been so many cancellations/indefinite delays/broken promises. It's all the fault of the airlines from which they have had to sub charter aircraft while waiting for their own aircreft & crews to come online.

So, Atlantic, Farnair, Flightline, Denim, Love Air, highland et al, consider yourselves suitably chastened, it's nothing to do with Euromanx announcing routes that they simply could not expect to operate, but you must hold your hands up and accept the complaints of the Manx public yourselves.

skiddyiom
14th Jun 2005, 06:48
I rather think the term "Running before you can walk" applies in this case.

I wonder what the excuse will be when (or if!!) their own aicraft do get on line. And who is at fault when the RJ's go tech? Watched one a few days ago taxi to the holding point at A1, sit there for 45 minutes and then taxi back to the terminal. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's hardly Farnair or Atlantic et al's fault.

Ah well, we'll wait and see what occurs over the coming months. Will the Dorniers ever do a revenue service? Will the Dash 8's ever turn up? Will I get to LPL in time to catch my Easyjet flight?

skiddy

rockjock
14th Jun 2005, 17:27
Heard several rumours to suggest Euromanx will restart the IOM - Edinburgh route next year. Anyone got any news on this?

Sad to see Emerald go... Watch the prices rise on the Liverpool route!

carltoncole
14th Jun 2005, 23:11
Emerald must be making more money wet leasing the a/c to Euromanx than they were flying the service themselves, i reakon this set up suits emerald just fine. How long until the 10 flights a day becomes 5 again? Surely if there's not enough pax to warrent 2 operators then there aren't enough pax to warrant 10 flights a day!! Infact, I do beleive one flight back from LPL today was cancelled, so expect combining of flights to start very soon, alot of the time!!

Finally, even if it's the sub chartered companies that are causing all the delays etc ( which is :mad: in my opinion ) who was it that took on more routes than they could handle, not Atlantic, not Farnair, not Love Air etc, EUROMANX and if it hadn't been for companies willing to lease A/C to a Euromanx (who, if the comments are true seem quite ungrateful ), then Euromanx wouldn't exist!! I really feel sorry for the frontline staff at flight support and EMX, Mr Byrne's comments are gonna blow up in their faces once again. Good luck guys and gals!!!

P.S It looks like EMX plan to prove therir dominance by massing all there own a/c just beside the old fire ground and abandoning RJ70's on peir stands for hours at a time! :ok:

GoEDI
15th Jun 2005, 00:22
Heard several rumours to suggest Euromanx will restart the IOM - Edinburgh route next year. Anyone got any news on this?

Next year? That's a while away!;)
It would make sense given that there is currently no operator on the route!

skiddyiom
15th Jun 2005, 06:04
If indeed it is their plan to restart IOM-EDI then I hope they have got their act together by then.

All this "new route" malarky when they haven't consolidated themselves on the one's they have got is looking for trouble.

How many airlines tried to grow too fast and blew out? Countless!!

skiddy

skiddyiom
15th Jun 2005, 07:16
Well, arrived at work this morning to find a Dash 8 in Euromanx colours (OE-HBC) parked on the short runway. Thats 4 aircraft parked up now.

Come on guys, get the damn things working!!

skiddy

treaclecat
15th Jun 2005, 10:16
Its such a shame that EM are taking the stick once again but as always it seems to be their choice of words made in their announcments that cause them the most problems, mind you they have possibly done there "favourite rival" operator in the IOM a favour by postinga EM advertisement above their check in desk reminding people "now you have a choice" in relation to their Manchester route over the last few weeks its been very handy for the residents of the IOM to know they can go to Manchester with a reliable airline when EM cancel

granddaddy
15th Jun 2005, 14:00
Not a good day so far today.

Watching IOM airport arrivals/departures board almost all 3W flights delayed by at least 30mins some almost 2hours.
Why o why,with now 4 Red-tails remote parked and leased ATR,s and ATP,s operating all flights.
One can only assume a dreadful lack of crews to operate,1 RJ,2 328's and 1 Dash-8.

Promises,promises.

New routes to come!3W cannot competantly operate the present network of routes.

:bored: :bored: :bored:

Hansol
15th Jun 2005, 16:46
EMX IOM-Southampton service this evening operated by their own sparkling Dornier 328, get the camera's out boys for the return !

rockjock
16th Jun 2005, 05:51
As a twice weekly commuter on Euromanx I'm delayed yet again. I haven't had a flight leave on time for the last month. How much longer can they treat their customers is such a shoddy manner?

With their recent price rises its now cheaper for me to take two BA flights to get to my destination, and probably quicker!

Spartacan
16th Jun 2005, 09:52
I have used 3W a few times this year with a usual ticket price of £119. Now the price on that route, two weeks in advance, is £165.

I can think of three different reasons why an airline might hike the price like this:

A. The competition has done likewise so the airline can compete with impunity.

B. The airline concerned is greedy.

C. The airline has a short term cash flow, has the creditors on its back and is panicking.

Notwithstanding the above I have found the service excellent and punctual and wish them luck.

granddaddy
16th Jun 2005, 11:19
Surely everyone and anyone who wanted a 'photo of the 328's,RJ
and Dash,has had more than enough time.

I suppose that a shot of anyone of them actually operating must be something of a novelty.

If it were possible looks like todays performance even worse than yesterday!!!!

:O :O :O

Rio Tropical
16th Jun 2005, 13:11
Spartacan,

I think you will find B+C are accurate and if you dig a little deeper....but the best of luck to all at EMX.

Rio:D

Fried_Chicken
16th Jun 2005, 20:31
EMX IOM-Southampton service this evening operated by their own sparkling Dornier 328, get the camera's out boys for the return !

Also, one of the London City flights was operated by a EMX coloured Dornier so they do actually work

Fried Chicken

Ronaldsway Radar
18th Jun 2005, 00:46
http://www.emxvirtual.co.uk/DSCF0009.JPG

Taken by myself last week.

I'm still to take one of the Dash8's, haven't seen them in person yet!

Also, I almost got a pic of -CPK landing at Liverpool last moth, if only i took my camera with me :D .

RR

Hansol
18th Jun 2005, 09:00
Nice one Ron. That Dornier is a pretty little plane, and very fast by all accounts.

Oshkosh George
18th Jun 2005, 11:44
Here's a pic of the second Dash OE-HBC.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=490078

Also seen at Toronto/Pearson on the 3rd June was the third, OE-HBB.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of C-FEPA ? This was once G-JEDX of Jersey European/Flybe! It's a small world!

Edited to say C-FEPA could well be OE-HBB/C now,and there may be only two!

skiddyiom
18th Jun 2005, 15:53
Ta muchly for the picture plug George :O I just wonder how long it will take them to get the damn thing operating.

Still, at least one of the Do.328's being used and that has to be an improvement. Roll on an all Manx fleet. Pretty boring though lol!!

And I hope it all starts to come together now. Especially as my son starts there on monday!!

skiddy

Oshkosh George
18th Jun 2005, 21:44
Right Skiddy,
I see now the connection between your User name and your real name! Very clever! I hope people don't call you that! Or maybe you like it?

skiddyiom
19th Jun 2005, 07:42
George, I get called all sorts of things. Thats a mild one! It originated in the Air Force, and kind of stuck.

skiddy

granddaddy
20th Jun 2005, 10:11
New rumours for today.
1 Dash-8 positioned out last week for unknown German destination,possibly out for 6 weeks due tech problems!!!
Second Dash not now coming reason unknown!!!

:O :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

3legs
20th Jun 2005, 12:29
Have they paid thier bills?? :E Just a thought seeing as they allegedly owe a few local compaines money....!!

Ronaldsway Radar
20th Jun 2005, 21:14
Here are 3 pics I took today of the D328's, in the not-so-common sunshine :rolleyes:
http://www.emxvirtual.co.uk/emxd328_3.jpg

Ok Admin's I PROMISE - i wont link to any more of my pics :D

RR

EDIT: Sorry guys had to lose a couple of pics, my bandwith for my site went through the roof monday night!! If anyone would like a pic of the EuroManx dornier 328 / RJ70 let me know via PM..

Cheers!

JB007
20th Jun 2005, 21:25
Blimey! I never go to the Isle Of Man in weather like that!!!!