PDA

View Full Version : Any good helicopter contracts being let for the G8 Summit in Scotland?

SASless
11th Jun 2005, 03:12
I read a Times article reporting the anticipation of lots of problems during the G8 Summit in Scotland. The protesters are vowing to cut off traffic on the roads, highways, and railways during the Summit.

Any upswing in contracts for helicopters being noticed for that yet?

diginagain
11th Jun 2005, 05:52
I think Dubya's security arrangements are going to cause more traffic problems than the protestors could create.

helicopter-redeye
11th Jun 2005, 07:39
The Royal Air Force have the heavy lift contract. Prestwick to Gleneagles by Chinook. Hope the 'guests' have their sick bags with them ....

:p

SASless
11th Jun 2005, 12:05
Redeye....must be something in the air....thousands of hours flying Chinooks and no complaints from the folks in back about the ride. Some of the places we took them...they should have been bugling. Now the BK-117.....that is a completely different story....called Vomit Comets by the EMS folks over here.

Helinut
11th Jun 2005, 14:53
If you are in the area, it would probably be best to be VERY careful about not flying in the 2 TRAs ....................

Floppy Link
11th Jun 2005, 16:14
well the NZ registered Greenpeace Hughes500D is at Perth even as we speak, joins the ship soon, so the rumour goes...

does that count?

helicopter-redeye
11th Jun 2005, 19:54
I'm more worried about the G8 Security Summit in Sheffield.....

Thank you Mr Blunkett, just what we needed.