View Full Version : Air Asia 320 Training

aaflyboy
11th Jun 2005, 01:26
Anybody has any info on when the training for the 320 is? Will there be a shortage on the 737 when training for the 320 starts?

I imagine that with so many 320s on order there will be vacancies on the 737.

HectorXVIII
11th Jun 2005, 05:51
The 733 would be phased out eventually once 320 comes in.

longlatif
11th Jun 2005, 06:11
At 1 per month I can't see that happening anytime soon....

Min 3-4 years at that rate!

Plus with Lion Air and that HUGE 737 NG order it could be a VERY interesting time in SE Asia over the next 3 -5 years.

I still think A320 isn't the best choice for Air Asia. Sure they got them cheap but wait until all the free parts and maintence stops from Airbus....whoooooooo BANG!!!

Going to cost much more than a 737NG...

PK-KAR
11th Jun 2005, 06:34
Lion's huge order is not a firm order... Don't expect massive recruitments by them... They don't have the money nor the finance..

PK-KAR

authentic
11th Jun 2005, 12:30
Hey there :-)

It is true that AA is buying a lot of A320 and the main question in everyone's mind is, is there enough pilots to fly it ?? well mate sure, they are having difficult times now. Proof ? :
well, the next batch of AA cadets they were selected on MARCH 2005(the 5th batch) has NOT been inducted in MFA yet. *AA doesn't have MOU with LATC* So it is going to be a long wait for the next cadet to be called !

Just be optimistic yah ! good day

Rule35
12th Jun 2005, 02:43
The pilots are already trained and ready for dispatch. They are currently employed as MAS 330/737 First Officers;)

bck2basic
13th Jun 2005, 01:46
AA trained cadet pilots on MAS A330 & B734 ?????

What one understands from the previous forums is that AA has just trained 17 cadets on the B733 who are currently on CBT.
The next intake onwards would be for the A320's.
The fact that there would be a delay in the cadet roll out from MFA is good news for the private canditates in the market.
One could expect some dates on the A320 arrivals to AA in the Paris Airshow.Dependent on this info the next intake could perhaps happen any time soon.

Well any clues on the interview process to help prepare towards the interview would be greatly appreciated.Cheers...........

cav-not-ok
13th Jun 2005, 16:44
i heard its (the next intake for direct unrated pilots for the A320) in either december or somewhere early next year.

so wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait.

i'm guessing the training is gonna be in too-loose. thats gonna be a hard one.

good luck and gods speed.

aka320
9th Jul 2005, 16:47
Cadet batch1 is currently on the 733 simulator..
i dont think there will be intake before middle next year.
1.Cadet batch 2 will be graduate on december.
2.Current Captain and SFO will be promoted to A320.(some aready in france for the training now)
3. 2 A320 on december,after will be 1 a month.it take sometime before the A320 replace the current 733,and do remember cadet batch2,3,4 is graduating and all the current pilot will be promoted to A320 stage by stage.

longlatif
10th Jul 2005, 03:45
A320 pushed back to March 2005...

AA cant sort out the money....:hmm:

No intakes by AA until August next year for both local or expats But you could buy your type rating and slide straight in...

Yes Parc guys I am talking about you!

LOOSERS!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Touch'n'oops
13th Jul 2005, 09:23
Longlatif = One of the many who talk dribble on PPruNe...

Our delivery is set for December 2005 and will NOT be Pushed back to March 2005???? I think Longlatif means 2006... Still... WRONG!!! :hmm:

As for the "Money" you may have forgot about AirAsia floating on to the stock market... Which generated a enough cash you get the the fleet re-newel project well and truly under way

First batch for the A320 rating leave in October. Actually we already have a Captain in Ireland getting experience on the aircraft with a company which operates A320s.

The B733s will go to Indo's ops or leases will expire and Malaysia should be all A320s by 2009. Because of this I have been told that I will move to the A320 in 2 or 3 years.

There will be a pilot shortage, simply because every airline in Asia is facing the same problem. Right now AA has more than enough FOs. I am not too sure about the Captain side of things, but sounds like the same situation with the hours they are being rostered.

Right now AirAsia is in talks with Airbus about painting up one of AA's B733 in Airbus A320 colours for the handover of the first A320 in Toulouse!!! I hope it goes through!!! :ok: :ok: :ok:

Never underestimate Tony F!!!

Now everyone has the FACTS... Carry-on!!!! :p

capson
13th Jul 2005, 09:57
I have to agree with longatif..... if us malaysian were go to any country in the likes of EU we have to go thru crap... just to get a look at even then we have no hope in getting anything ie a pilot job over there...

where by here are these .......Parc guys

comes in and get the our local job.....where is the justice......i have spend so much of money to be where i am right now....but, it is all taken over by others

i'll have you know i did apply to their respective countries....i didn't even got a reply back....nothing....

this is not fair........

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chrome
13th Jul 2005, 10:16
Touch'n'oops, I have learnt to ignore longlatif's ramblings here. Most of the time he has something personal against everyone in everything and anything.

Just heard from a cadet friend that batch 2's graduation has been pushed back to Jan 06 due to persistent bad wx in Malacca. But they are still scheduled for Airbus training next year.

I smile at the rate of people claiming now that their place on an AirAsia cockpit should be guaranteed because they are Malaysians. Why should it be that way? These kinds of things do not make AirAsia what it is now. It's ironic too that it was us locals ourselves that thought that AirAsia would not succeed when Tony took over. Now it is successful, everyone from businessman to politicians to pilots wants a piece of the action.

Dani
13th Jul 2005, 10:57
Why would there be any A320 pilot in AA stay when all around Malaysia Airbus pilots get an approximal five fold bigger salary?

Are they getting a bond? Singapore, India, Vietnam, China - the whole Asia is waiting for them!

Dani

Touch'n'oops
13th Jul 2005, 18:11
As for the Parc boys and girls... their company has paid AirAsia to take on these Type rated pilots. The contract still exists between the two companies.
AirAsia wants out, because the contract was drawn up when AA was short of FOs that came with Type Ratings and now they don't where to put them. :confused:

It is a well known fact that Europe has many pilots with the cash and the rating. AirAsia would be stupid to say no to these guys and then spend millions of could-be-profit on training locals.

Word is that the last batch out of Malacca did so horrendously on the Type Rating course, that AA is having to seriously review its selection and training process. (Hear Say... take it with a pinch of salt)
Just because you have a CPL, it doesn't mean that you are set to go fly a jet!!!!!

Remember this is aviation it is never so clear cut!!!! :hmm: :hmm:

Oh DANI: Training Bond A320/B737

Capt = 3 years FO = 5 years

bck2basic
14th Jul 2005, 02:07
Any company of mind should be driven by profits & AA has done a
great job under Tony.

Touch'n'oops your concept to taking rated pilots from Europe because they have the cash & thus a rating,saving millions on trg costs on locals speaks very poorly of your atitude.When the pool of locals is dry please no objections at all do go & take expats.But there should be some sense of loyalty.

Hypothetically speaking a person with many thousand hrs of Jet experience but of non EU nationality can't smell a job in the EU market unless ofcource they can't get any locals which is very rare.

As for your statement on the cadets,think back & ask yourself on your first flying lesson & compare with your proficiency now.Definately its a learning curve & with experience your proficiency improves.You should be glad that you were given an oppertunity to grow on your job.I am not in any way stating that there should be compromise on standards.If the quality of cadets are bad then AA should perhaps ponder if MFA is indeed the right place to send their cadets???

It is a CPL(frozen ATPL) which is the minimum requirement for a Piloting job.What did you have different towards abtaining your first job????

Noting in life let alone aviation is clear cut & no one owes another a living but a Fair playing field where one is called for an interview accessed on his or her competence and ability and if there is a match then he deserves a short and if there is no match fine life goes on else where.Thats all we ask from AA and any potential employer.Is it too much to ask???????

Cheers.........Happy landings...........

kwaiyai
14th Jul 2005, 03:14
MFA Instructor's are having to do there best with what little they have been given to train with. You can blame a certain person for not supplying the tools for the job in Hand. I understand from Wilson that AA cadets are doing OK. If the last batch of AA Cadet's really were that bad perhaps applying some pressure to MFA head office might help 2 ey? mr touch n oop's.
Just my opinion though,
:*

Touch'n'oops
15th Jul 2005, 09:08
Bck2basic:

It is not my attitude which is out of wack. I am not involved with the selection and recruitment of AA pilots!!!
If you believe that what I have been told to be false, then please feel free to offer another explanation!!! :hmm:

As for my statement on the Cadets READ my post again!!!
AA is having to seriously review its selection and training process

As everyone probably knows there are a lot of complaints about MFA being posted from a large number of students, so maybe a hint of where the problem lies!!!

I do apologise for leading you all to believe the whole course did poorly. It was a case of large number of cadets not performing to what is expected of them at that point in time, with their experience levels taken into account.

Bck2basic I assume you are not licensed crew, because you should know that there is no such thing as a "Frozen ATPL".
Frozen ATPL is an unofficial coined phase to describe a person/s who hold a CPL with the ATPL exam papers completed.

I myself agree with Bck2basic that only the 'suitable' Malay pilots should be hired first. This is the ethical approach, but a business can't run on ethics alone, especially when facing stiff competition!!!!

Finally... I thank my lucky stars every night for the opportunity I have here at AA. I plan to make the most of it and will always be proud member of this multi-cultural team!!!

EY777
15th Jul 2005, 10:49
Well, last I heard from my ex colleagues, it's not the students, coz MAS has the same defective products....apparently it's the equipment & cost cutting exercise by the infamous principal (no disrespect to the instructors though).

Sad though, they used to produce good quality cadets, now they are churning them out like a factory with a defective quality control process :}

aaflyboy
16th Jul 2005, 00:00
Rumour has it that the first course for the 320 will be in July and that subsequent courses will be at monthly or fortnightly intervals after that.
Can anybody confirm this rumour?

Haven't heard about the 320 launch being delayed.

bck2basic
18th Jul 2005, 01:26
A sucessful business must have have sound ethics.Focussing on profits even in the light of stiff competition negating the ethics is a recipe for disaster.

Yes I am a licensed crew eagerly awaiting an employment.
Touch'n'oops I did't intent to be hard & sorry if I have given that impression.I was just tring to highlight the plight of fresh Lisense holder in todays market.

Employing foreigners at the expense of locals is wrong.There are areas that a Company can save costs but in terms crew trg there shouldn't be a compramise even if it means trg locals cause we are in it for the long run as Malaysia is our HOME.Any company that thinks otherwise has a narrow mindset.In any of my posts race has never been the issue.I would be happy if i have lost a job to a fellow malaysian whatever his ethnic composition maybe, rather that a 200hrs expact.If again there is a shortage of local crew by all means employ them.Nothing against that.

MFA has trained many of the crew flying in Malaysia & the region today & they may have some shortcomings now but their record on the whole seems to be excellent.Hope they get their act together sooner than later.

Cheers & happy landing ...............................

longlatif
18th Jul 2005, 13:26
AA is having to seriously review its selection and training process

Maybe they should have done that before choosing 5 AA cadet batches....:hmm:

Word on the street is the current batches at MFA are EVEN worse then the first batch!

NOW EVERYONE CAN FLY!!!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

MFA is shocking and I can personally say that since completing my CPL-IR there.

There are a LIMITED amount of decent instructors there and I can assure not a single one is on the twin teaching IFR procedures to future Malaysian commercial pilots...

All previous students would still remember the instructor that seems to use the :mad: word whenever he could...guess what, I think he is CFI now...:)

The Rage
19th Jul 2005, 04:35
Good luck to AA. Ive flown the bus, its a beautiful plane to fly, but very unforgiving. With the operations that they do, its going to be fun to see what happens. The failure rate on the bus is a lot higher than the boeing. Mainly becoz people are unable to adapt to the change in the concept of flying it.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
19th Jul 2005, 22:49
This is like tweedle dee & tweedle dum!!!!!!!!

On one hand you have got touch n oops (very appropriate name)
That is tony's ball carrying henchman.

Longlatif that hates tony and his ball carrying henchmen.

And a whole pile of wet behind the ears wanabees and expats all piled up dribbling about AA. I must admit that this thread is very reflective of the professionalism, character and integrity (or lack of it) in AA.

With regard to cadets, these are made up of relatives, friends and staff. No wonder the standards are low.

Senior management pilots and check and training is made up of airfarts that fly as well as a falling brick and have as much brains as a dodo bird. Your regional director flt ops mr chunder on more hands wrote a love letter to his cabin crew girlfriend and posted it to everybody in the company, what a joke.

Currently all the pilots I have met from AA want to leave, why????
Has it got something to do with attaching your assets to your bond?? or being re bonded for the Bus or just because the place is full of ****e and back stabbing asses climbing over each others shoulders.

What about the two asses that left for Srilankan and couldn't hack it and came back with their tails between their legs. What whimps.

The only sane comment here is from The Rage, and I could not agree more, the Scare Bus is really going to be interesting especially as AA intend to do their own training in their own simulator by their their own airfarts.

With regard to AA's IPO and the funds generated do some simple math Touch n Oooops before you mouth of about how much cash was generated by the IPO against the purchase price of the A320.

1 x A320 = USD 20,000,000 (Very cheap I reckon AA paid 24-27M)

80 x A320 = USD = 1,600,000,000

USD / RM FOREX = 3.8

= RM 6,080,000,000

AA's total generated funds from the IPO = 3.5 billion ringgit and if the shares are so bloody good, why has the CFO sold his 21.5 million shares. Answer, because the shares did so badly he could no longer service his loan.

The A320 will also be financed and bridged. The question here is with Jet A1 at over USD 72.00 a barrel can AA service the loans.

zedex7rrrrrrr
19th Jul 2005, 23:06
INCOMING!!! TAKE COVER!!!

Centaurus
22nd Jul 2005, 11:45
Touchnoops. When and where did the last batch of cadets out of Malucca that you heard had problems, undergo their 737 type rating course?

rziola
22nd Jul 2005, 16:02
Chaps
Are the Parc guys still over at AA ? Any more coming or they decided not to persue Parc's services ?

longlatif
23rd Jul 2005, 09:35
Centaurus the AA cadets were the first to be trained by there own in Malaysia...

That in turn is the problem!!! :uhoh:

flightleader
26th Jul 2005, 10:27
Well said Captian Wooblah!!

This tread is for those wannabes who think they know about the airline industry like an expert.

I've learnt that alot of people in this tread bombarded MFA heavily in another topic. Which training school don't have problem? They have blamed everyone else but themselves. They believe the country and the world owed them a flying carreer. :yuk: :yuk: One even brought up an racial issue here!! What a piece of $h!t!!

Let the Airbus operating style give them more sorrows!:}

longlatif
27th Jul 2005, 08:37
flightleader who's ass your trying to lick?

Which training school don't have problem? They have blamed everyone else but themselves. They believe the country and the world owed them a flying carreer.

Seems like you're the only one that knows all about the aviation industry!

Please entertain us...

flightleader
28th Jul 2005, 04:06
I deliberately not to mention names in my earlier post as the moderator said "play the ball and not the player".Now you have started it. Thank you for inviting me to kick your butt!!

I don't lick anyone ass but I'm sick of you who always trying to kick up some dust in the forum. A lot of your previous postings have condemed AA,MH,MFA,Trans mile..........Can you give me a reason?

Oh yeah, You can't get into the industry or you are not happy even you are in??

You had a lot of the facts wrong too. Like Jet* and Tiger merged? Yeah,blame it to the newspaper. Qouting form newspaper does not make you an insider either! I've never said or acted like a
industry expect. I have no intention to entertain clown like you and definately not to teach you anything in aviation.

Further personal attacks from you will be reported to moderator. Perhaps, a ban would give us more space in cyberspace.

Flightleader

bck2basic
28th Jul 2005, 05:57
""""They believe the country and the world owed them a flying carreer.""""

Absolutely right the country has got to protect its citizenry to a decent living. Any airline rightfully has got certain crieteria to be met for employment. Where does one go mate with your qualifications if your own country doesn't give you a break even though you have met these criteria. All one is asking for is a short for the interview and if one doesn't make it atleast you can walk out of it learning from your weakness.

Yes I am a wannabe & don't forget,you were all perhaps not too long ago. It's easy to rattle off once you are sitting pretty.
No one owes another a living but to request for a level playing field,is it too much to ask??? One is not necessarily an expert but why doesn't some people understand the predicament of being unemployed and trying hard to knock on evevy door but even before it is open you are awakened with it being banged on your face.

Cheers.............

flightleader
28th Jul 2005, 09:06
"I myself agree with Bck2basic that only the 'suitable' Malay pilots should be hired first"

What does this say? Malaysia belongs to Malays only? Only Malays should be flyboy? All this while I thought Malaysia is a multi racial and cultural country. What did your teachers teach you in school, kiddo? Mine taught me to respect all other races and live in harmony.

There is nothing wrong to be a wannabe voicing out your concern on company employing expats. I'm one who against it. I was also affected by this issues many many years ago. Look again, is it the expats at fault or the company? If one thinks the company is at fault, should one be damaging its name in this forum or writting a letter to the management would be more appropriate?

If you reckon you can come into the industry just because of a few expats,you are wrong. If you wanna join Longlatif,go ahead,I won't stop you.

Regards.

bck2basic
29th Jul 2005, 00:59
"flightleader" Don't put words in my mouth. "citizenry" if you know what it means doesn't talk of any particular race!
If you want to rebut don't be so naive to twist statements that never meant to be. Come on grow up for heavens sake.

The industry doesn't belong to people like you to dictate who can & can't get a job. The majority I am sure are people who are fair to distinguish a right candidate not on their level of skill alone but equally important CHARACTER and in due cource a wannabe like me will get a short at my dream.

I have nothing say again NOTHING against expats the only issue I have is that a local (Malaysian not just Malay) shouldn't loose a job to a low hrs expat only because he isn't type rated.

Objective discussions are welcome but to expect that from you is a big ask. As such I don't want to demean myself in replying to your posts any further.

Cheers............

flightleader
30th Jul 2005, 05:25
basic,

Perhaps you got me wrong. What I've qouted was not from you but someone else who agreed with you on a point, neither I've implied that you said it. I definately did not put words into your mouth.

I can understand your frustration as the company is/are still looking for expat to fill any empty slots be it co-pilot or captain and nor they care of what fleet.It can be from DHC-6 to 747. What do you think of that?

I agree with you that these companies have a system on choosing their pilots/cadets. Perhaps they have a valid reason to keep a candidate like you out of the airline. However, the airline always welcome 'suitable' applicants to come in.

longlatif
3rd Aug 2005, 09:51
flightleader bck2basic both you guys are aviation loosers!

Back2basic I agree with some of your posts but to be honest your last couple have been absolute nonsense. Your constant attack on expat pilots is a little troubling...you wouldnt happen to be muslim?

I found that my time as a trainee pilot at MFA I would not fly MAS because I saw the quality of cadets coming out of the place. For some it was DAMN right scarey and the only reason these guys could get into MAS is beacuse they knew somebody... Frankly I would much rather fly with an expat pilot up front!

If you care to do a search for my very first post on PPRUNE this year about MFA you will see I stated ACTUAL facts and not usless dribble that I saw in my time there. I can tell you that not ONE of these facts is inncorrect but if you believe they are, please feel free to question it.

To all others that dont agree with any of my posts, please feel free to respond.

I DO NOT believe I am an industry expert nor do I believe that I know all. I simply state what I know is true...

flightleader please dont report me...Who are you kidding? You need PPRUNE to shut down what I am saying? You dont like it, dont read it! I am not holding your head to the computer screen... maybe daddy know's a friend of a friends uncle that have my ID shut down....

Jack said it best; "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH" :E

flightleader
4th Aug 2005, 02:04
Back2basic I agree with some of your posts but to be honest your last couple have been absolute nonsense. Your constant attack on expat pilots is a little troubling...you wouldnt happen to be muslim?
muslim ??????

What does religion gotta do with aviation?????? Planes fly because of prayers??? Or planes crash into buildings because or prayers?????

You are again factually wrong to say most(if not every) MAS cadets came into the system because they know somebody.

The standard of cadets depends on the training school. If cadets have very good flying skills when recruited,do they need to be send for training at the flying school??? If MFA produces lousy pilots for MAS,AA or private students......you are just one of them (that's assuming you passed that 'lousy' course).

You hate AA's Tony, hate MAS cadets,hate MFA, bad mouthed Transmile,cannot be in airforce with this low mentality...........AH!!!
NO JOB AFTER SPENDING YOUR DADDY"S MONEY!!!! Ha!Ha!..................Now who's the loser here??

bck2basic
4th Aug 2005, 02:06
“Blame is one of the surest ways to stay in a problem. Understanding enables us to rise above the issue…………”

I fully recognize expats to be just as real as I am. I embrace the reality that they have their own hopes, dreams, fears, wants and needs. The issue I strongly oppose is when a local (irrespective of race) is loosing his job to an low experience expat who could buy his way to a rating and some airline using this loop hole in the system to employ them. If there is a shortage to the local pool by all means bring on the expats.

I have known Malaysians who have come back with foreign license whom DCA have directed to MFA for a conversion course which could be quite an expensive affair, because being a local you can’t fly on a validation. Yet you have these low experience expats bypassing these formalities and are given validations only because some Airlines may be abusing these privileges.

If you are comfortable with the expats it’s your prerogative but in Malaysia you have to get used to living amongst us Chinese, Malay, Indian and various other races, the expats included.

Cheers.........................

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Aug 2005, 02:26
The Malaysian Constitution provides a clause that legally requires Malaysian employers to train MALAYS to be capable of performing proffesional occupations. I.E. Pilots, Lawers, Accountants ect.

This is part of the bumiputra bring the peasant Malay farmer/fisherman into the 20th century program drafted by the British before independance.

SO, WHY DON'T YOU STOP BICKERING AND GET YOURSELVES A CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER LIKE KARPAL AND FILE SUIT AND SCREW THE WANKERS SEREWING YOU.

Sheep Guts
5th Aug 2005, 05:46
If any Air Asia Flight Operations department A320 people are reading this thread and need an experienced typed Pilot please PM me.

Regards
Sheep

AIRWAY
5th Aug 2005, 09:16
Go for it Sheep Guts :ok:

I am very amazed with the amount of tantrums I read in this topic alone, I am new to this part of the forum and the bickering between members is unbelievable and I thought this kind of behaviour was only in D&G forums… :E :ooh: :ouch:

longlatif
5th Aug 2005, 10:16
What does religion gotta do with aviation?????? Planes fly because of prayers??? Or planes crash into buildings because or prayers?????

I made no reference to September 11 nor your praying meathods. I simply asked because it's a well known that Malays dont like expat let alone fellow chinese and indians. Yes you may claim your country has a wide culture and acceptance of many different races but to be honest I really cant see it... And I am sure many other chinese would agree.

The standard of cadets depends on the training school. If cadets have very good flying skills when recruited,do they need to be send for training at the flying school??? If MFA produces lousy pilots for MAS,AA or private students......you are just one of them (that's assuming you passed that 'lousy' course).

Standard of cadets depends on the training school?

ahh I see...so it has nothing to with personal ability or the basic motivation of the students? What about the general malay thinking of "lets just do enough to get pass"?

What other choice to MAS or AA have? Malay government has stated pilots must be trained in malaysia since the 1997 crisis. Before they use to be sent overseas where they couldnt pass exams by cheating which in turn meant the cadets had to WORK to pass...

bck2basic I agree that it sucks that these low time expats are buying there way into AA. I means less jobs for us unless you are a cadet... But Malaysians are also expats too. Have a look at airlines over in the middle east...

MAS and AA have said time and time again that MFA is terrible. The students that come out of there are nothing short of PPL from other countries. But with DCA only allowing MFA and LATC to conduct commercial training, its seems the the quality of Malaysian pilots will continue to decline.

darren44
18th Aug 2005, 10:08
So what are the the chances of a 500hr Ausie pilot with frozen Malay ATPL geting in??? should i waste my time converting my licence? and do you think they will only take type rated applicants?

Cross Check
20th Sep 2005, 16:29
Dazza,

Without type rating - very slim. Chances on A320 nearly negligible - pretty much cadets from 2006 onwards (pass rate could change that). Chances on B733 also unlikely - F/Os in surplus right now to cover the changeover. Would only need more guys in the event of unplanned attrition.

Give it a go, but don't hold your breath.

Robert Palmer
21st Sep 2005, 13:56
Its a fact that MFA students regardless of batch are the nicest of people and the most useless pilots.

Blame it on the indian clowns running the academy, with the principal being an absolute waste of space.

Is that a general feature of Indian Air Force/ Ex-Indian Air Force pilots?

Plenty of decent and well-educated instructors there, but with inertia from the indian-clown-posse dragging their behind, absolutely nothing but liability on flight-safety is accomplished.

Instead of blaming EU/ AUS/ NZ-expats, some malay (read: DCA) should own up and clean the place up!

bck2basic
22nd Sep 2005, 02:39
Robert Palmer to lump a whole batch or even the whole lot in MFA as useless speaks volumes of your attitude

Can't agree fully abt the Indian GM and his attitude. During my tenure in MFA there were quite a number of expact (Aussie & Kiwi) Instructors who just couldn't digest the fact that the locals were headed for a prime jet job after their graduation and there had been instances where some students who weren't liked by one of them were given a hard time by the entire lot and even chopped in some instances.

To shoot at an entire race because you enounter of couple of rotten ones can't and shouldn't be justified. There are indeed rotten ones in every race Aussies,Kiwis,Brits,Indians,Chinese,Malays & on & on.........

Robert Palmer
22nd Sep 2005, 13:03
B2B:

I didn't "shoot at an entire race", I asked a question based on personal experience.

As for "lumping" a whole batch as useless; I still believe the cadets generally were the nicest and most polite of people. However, rarely will a cadet become any better than the training that is afforded to him/ her. I also still believe the standards at MFA are sub-standard, and no effort is put towards improving, simply because the head-honchos wouldn't know a bowl of curry-rice from a nice set of standardized procedures.

Plenty of wasted potential in my opinion!

"through these doors blah, blah, blah"

Marcellus Wallace
22nd Sep 2005, 15:14
RP - from the halls of MFA and Runway 03/21 at Batu Berendam - there have been graduates who are now serving with major airlines - including MH,SQ, EK,EY,AA....

It's not very polite to lump all cadets from MFA as duds.

10 years ago - you would get a batch of 10 - out of which 2 or 3 would be ace pilots, 2 duds and rest average to above average.

Nowadays - in a batch of 10 - you would be lucky to get 1 ace - 3 or 4 average and the rest duds.

It just speaks volumes of the selection process at MH or the overall prevailing dilemma of some of the youth in Malaysia - spoonfed and lazy.

There were instructors from Malaysia, India and New Zealand as well 10 years ago. Only 2 twins, 5 singles and 60 students - private and sponsored.

sevensevenseven
14th Oct 2005, 07:52
Anyone has news on airasia taking in new batches of cadets new the year end. Rumors were heard by a few unsubstantiated sources.

Rgds

Chrome
18th Oct 2005, 05:27
They already have candidates for the next batches. But there is no harm in trying.