PDA

View Full Version : Heavy aircraft maintenance

Roustabout
19th Dec 2000, 20:15
I am a South African CAA qualified a/c mechanic and currently living in London. My apprenticeship was completed mostly on small aircraft from C152 - Citations. I only have 3 months work experience after I qualified. Could somebody please advise me on work opportunities here in the UK, and if there are any, would it be possible to find work on heavy aircraft with 'small a/c'experience?

balti king
20th Dec 2000, 23:54
Perhaps you could try BA Maintenance Cardiff (BAMC). They've a massive hangar for BA's 747 fleet (and 777 fleet I think) and do a lot of BA's major checks and other operators too , I believe. I'm unaware of the work availability there but since you're licenced you may be able to get in. I don't have any contact numbers for them; suggest you try BA's website. Good luck!

balti king
21st Dec 2000, 00:15
I almost forgot; You could also try Marshall Aerospace at Cambridge or FLS at Stansted.

roo 2
21st Dec 2000, 02:36
try The Sun newspaper on a wensday for contracting jobs to start with

LBMF
22nd Dec 2000, 01:56
Sad that we all moan about our qualifications & the high pay we deserve yet all we can read is the Sun! When they start advertising in the Telegraph we will have raised our standing as LAEs.