PDA

View Full Version : Post ISS and JOCC Diploma

ProfessionalStudent
10th Jun 2005, 14:29
I know this is really blunt stuff, but...

Just got the App for the CMI Diploma Level 4 in Management sent to me by Shriv.

It says "degree-level management qualification" in the blurb. Anybody got any comment on how good/bad it is before I decide whether or not to spend the £225? Anybody done/doing it? Is it difficult? Is it worth the dink?

I am a non-grad, ex-ranking fly boy so I would like to know if it could enhance my chances post-mob if I decide not to join BucketandSpade Airways...:rolleyes:

kippermate
10th Jun 2005, 17:40
Enhanced learning credits?

kipper

Indicating Full
10th Jun 2005, 17:49
ELC would be a waste of a £1000. Use the SLC which would be near as damn it 80% of the cost.

ScapegoatisaSolution
10th Jun 2005, 19:30
PS
I did JOCC in early 03 and got sent a letter a few months later from the SO1 with a Certificate in Management from the CMI attached. Didn't cost me a penny but doesn't mean anything to me either. A quick search on their website shows the Diploma is a step up from the Certificate. But unless you get BA/BSc after your name then no-one will believe this is degree standard.
ScapeGoat

Tried a link but the site has changed since I last looked but I'm sure they have a site.

BEagle
10th Jun 2005, 20:09
If it is made from soft, absorbent paper, the diploma will at least serve one useful purpose.....

D-IFF_ident
10th Jun 2005, 23:25
http://www.affordabledegrees.com/

Not an advert - just for information. 200 bucks later and I have a BSc in Aviation! Not sure if the RAF have any regulations that say that a degree earned, by any method, in the USA is not valid. I'll find out on my OJAR next year I guess...

Safeware
10th Jun 2005, 23:43
So, now I can see what a degree from the University of Life looks like :ooh: :rolleyes: :D

sw

nooky
11th Jun 2005, 12:33
The CMI (Chartered Management Institute) is a recognised Professional body and their diploma and other qualifications should be acknowledged by all the leading universities. If you wanted to go on and get a MBA ( I think the diploma might count as credit for your first year).