PDA

View Full Version : A+P Schools

100LL
12th Feb 2001, 00:47
Any one know of any good A+P Schools, or can the test be done here in the UK

sculldog
13th Feb 2001, 00:26
I did my a & p at the american airman school in New York. I'ts basically you get stuck in front of a computer and you teach yourself, i'ts open 24 hours a day seven days a week and it's as quick as you want it to be , once you've passed the three modules you can move on and have your oral and practical. you can do the the written exams over here in the u.k but you still have to go over there to do your oral and practical. You can buy the question and answer books from star publications in Southend. Also i think you can buy the study cd rom from the American Airman School, they're on the net. Any more info just ask!!!!!!!!!

100LL
13th Feb 2001, 02:18
thanks i'll look into that NY sounds just great got some friends up there

aeroguru
13th Feb 2001, 15:41
Why do you want it?Do you think it will get you towards a JAR66 licence?

nilnotedtks
13th Feb 2001, 17:39
With the complete shambles the JAR66 licence is at the moment, I am more than thankful I took an A&P a few years ago. It covers the parts the other licence just cannot reach ! Go ahead and take the licence, even if you never use it, it is a real good one to have and covers just about half of the aviation world...

100LL
14th Feb 2001, 02:37
No I KNOW it wont get me a JAR 66 Licence I’m in the process of getting a BCAR (Proper) licence, but methinks that between the JAA & CAA they are making a right dogs dinner of it all. I personally think that a lot more Aeroplanes are heading back to the FAA register and someone’s gotta maintain em!!!!!

[This message has been edited by 100LL (edited 13 February 2001).]

nilnotedtks
18th Feb 2001, 20:29
My limited personal experience of all this is that we are being sold down the river by a bunch of burocratic f*****ts in the CAA who cannot even get their own story straight between themselves. None of them I have had dealings with have even bothered to talk to each other to get their story straight when the LAME calls and asks for any sort of guidance. The French have openly admitted they are having nothing to do with any of it and are prepared to simply pay the fines. The Germans are well confused and the Turks, well they are still confused. European unity, I think not. I am absolutely abhored that the pilots are given their JAA licenses after just reading a few paragraphs of".....I the bearer, promise to...." and we have to sit a whole bunch of questions ( at your expense of course ) that a 3rd year university mathematics and science student would cringe at ! WHY ? I for one will opt to stay overseas as long as I can and the CAA can keep their JAA licence ! Viva la A&P !

100LL
19th Feb 2001, 02:47
Someone told me that the new JAA licence includes a Maths exam as well as all the usual stuff, Not basic maths but advanced crap, Think they are trying to keep the riff raff out don’t you?
The CAA want Collage graduates not Engineers, we had one on work Experience once didn't know his A*se from a Spanner.

[This message has been edited by 100LL (edited 18 February 2001).]