PDA

View Full Version : PPL(A) ACCREDITATION FOR QSP(A)s

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 08:24
As a result of much negotiation with the CAA, the following simplified requirements have been secured for Qualified Service Pilots (Aeroplanes) wishing to obtain PPL(A)s:

1. QSP(A) (within 5 years currency on any military aeroplane):

Hold JAA Class 2 or Class 1 medical certificate,

Pass Aviation Law & Flight Procedures, Communications (PPL) theory and Human Performance exams,

Discretionary flight training (mandatory requiremnts exist for those with jet experience only),

Pass PPL(A) Skill Test (with credit for en-route section).

2. 'Experienced' QSP(A)s who have 2000TT (incl. 1500PIC) who thus meet FW accreditation scheme requirements:

Hold JAA Class 2 or Class 1 medical certificate,

Pass Aviation Law & Flight Procedures exam (all others are credited under FW accreditation scheme, as are all FRTOL requirements),

Discretionary flight training (mandatory requiremnts exist for those with jet experience only).

Pass PPL(A) Skill Test (with credit for en-route section).

Note that the only QSP(A)s now required to pass all PPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations are those who neither meet FW accreditation criteria, nor have been current on any military aeroplane in the previous 5 years.

RW and EFTS accreditation criteria remain as they currently stand.

Hueymeister
9th Jun 2005, 18:23
What about those of us with 'Lapsed' PPL's?

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 20:04
If you have a 'lapsed' spamcan PPL(A), which you wish to reactivate, you will need:

1. To hold a JAA Class 2 or Class 1 medical certificate,

2. No exams are needed (except possibly Communications PPL if you haven't held a FRTOL previously),

3. Discretionary flight training,

4. Pass the SEP Class Rating Renewal LST

If you want more specific gen, PM me.

3 Point
9th Jun 2005, 20:17
If your PPL is "lapsed" by 10 years or less then it's very easy to re-instate it. Speak to your local friendly flying club or school.

You will need to take training at the CFIs discretion such that you can pass a skill test. If you are a current service pilot you won't need too much training. See LASORS (on the caa website http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/ ) for the exact requirements. If you are in the south west PM me and I'll try to be more specific.

3 Point

Beagle,

Looks like we are both chasing the same business!! Would you PM or e-mail me a phon enumber so I can ring to confirm our meeting tomorrow?

Thanks

3 Point

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 20:23
3point, your info is out of date - there is no CAP53 10 year cut-off any more.

Renewal for a SEP Class Rating < 5 years lapsed may be signed off at the time by a FE; if the Rating has lapsed by > 5 years, the paperwork must be sent for the CAA to sign off. For which there is an additional rating variation fee payable.

LASORS 2005 doesn't have all the changes which I've recently secured for current QSP(A) requirements - some were only agreed today!

Not chasing business, by the way, just spreading the word!

ProfessionalStudent
10th Jun 2005, 14:08
Seeing as the CAA are difficult to fathom out and LASORS are as clear as mud, what about my case...?

Lapsed PPL(A) (last flew civvie 1990), did JEFTS last summer (completing early OCT), and just finished Squirrels on 705 at Shawditz.

Can't get a straight answer from anyone so far. What will I need to do to get my PPL(A) renewed? I take that I'll only get my PPL(H) once I'm CR as per LASORS?

What price per hour at Brize Flying Club?

I'd really appreciate some advice. And I didn't join in the BEagle bashing either, honest!

BEagle
10th Jun 2005, 19:13
At last an easy one on licensing!

You need to do the following:

1. Obtain a JAA Class 2 or Class I medical certificate,

2. Do whatever discretionary flight training you need to get you up to check flight standard,

3. Pass the grandly-titled 'SEP Class Rating Renewal Licensing Skill Test'. More or less the same as the GFT you did years ago!

And the best bit - you don't need to do ANY ground exams!

PM me for the Brize rates, I don't wish to be seen to be advertising!