PDA

View Full Version : More disgruntled S.A. Corporates

ByAirMail
9th Jun 2005, 01:56
Traveling to JHBurg on a foreign carrier last week Thursday. The lady next to me, Gerry, was the co-ordinator for the Miss S.A. pageant returning from the Miss. Universe competition.

On asking her what herself and miss S.A. was doing on a foreign carrier, as S.A.A. serve the same route, and miss S.A. is a South African ambassador.......

Her reply, S.A.A. don't sponser tickets for miss S.A. , and Sun International, as the main sponser do not fly on S.A.A. because of some service problems in the past, they have a B.A. corporate account.

My feeling, maybe miss S.A. was from the wrong tribe, although everyone else was "of colour"

SASless
9th Jun 2005, 02:46
Tribes.....is that not a politically incorrect concept nowadays? It would suggest to me there is bias towards "tribes" of different types....oh,how unenlightened.

Kinda like Texans and Okies or Tarheels and Sand Lappers or Hawgs and Dawgs, in my country.

9th Jun 2005, 09:16
ByAirMail
Did you get Gerry's phone number?

I didnt mind flying SAA, until the one day I asked the hostie for another beer (my second) and she said " I think you've had enough"
She was just too damn lazy to go get another out the back!!!! Dont know what tribe she was from!

saywhat
9th Jun 2005, 10:34
I have just returned from a trip in Europe and The States. I can honestly say that I would much rather fly SAA than BA or AA, as their service to passengers is not as good as that I have experienced with SAA. It is, however, purely dependant on the cabin crew at the time, as to how good the flight is. On one flight with Delta I was very impressed with the service, however, I have been told by other passengers that Delta is not good at all. Go Figure!

wheels up
9th Jun 2005, 13:06
One of the worst airlines I've flown on was Continental in the States. Hosties were New Yorkers I guess, with real take it or leave it attitudes. Not much to look at either. Flying from Phoenix to Seattle on a full fare flight I was given a coupon which you could exchange either for one drink or a set of headphones, not both!

Worst of the lot in my experience is Olympic airlines - terrible in all respects.

The times I've flown on SAA they haven't been bad at all with no real complaints. Their in-flight entertainment system on the A340 is great; nice being able to rewind and pause the movies. Only bad experience I've had with them was when the kid next to me threw up on my leg on the descent. The mother didn't even have the decency to apologise - can't really blame the airline for that one.

The quality does seem to vary from flight to flight though.

saywhat
9th Jun 2005, 14:33
Be happy that the kid only threw up on your leg, and did not chop it off and throw it at the nearest house.

Ingwe
9th Jun 2005, 16:10
As far as I'm aware the Springboks fly BA. Got to say something of SAA!

putco
9th Jun 2005, 17:18
Or maybe says more about the Springboks!!:ouch:

V1 Rotate
9th Jun 2005, 20:56
Reading the press in the US about things dropping from SAA A340s..........It looks like SAA have found a novel solution to the cramped leg room in the airbus:E :E

BAKELA
11th Jun 2005, 14:10
Or maybe says more about the Springboks!! Yep, only sensible decision by them..don't fly SAA, especially considering the Cape contingent in the team. :E

Also heard the Bulls don't fly SAA. Apparently, they haven't managed to find the R21 South to JIA yet. :E

forssi
11th Jun 2005, 14:33
I must say, when i was a bit younger i use to fly alot on SAA, i use to love it because they would serve beer to me and get me drunk, i was 15 at the time, it was great. Haven't been on a SAA flight for years now.

Last time I was a passenger was on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, pathetic service, hosties acted like they are doing you a favour each time you ask for something. Asked for a beer 5 times, and waited 3 hours to get one. Emirates I must say is still the best airline!