PDA

View Full Version : JAL (Express) susses out a trsining school in Oz.

Kaptin M
8th Jun 2005, 13:37
Maybe it's not new news - or maybe it is.
A couple of "The Heavies" from JAL Express (JEX)...namely the Asst Chairman, and ex Chief Pilot - Captain Akita, and the V.P. of Flight Ops, Mr Sato, have made several trips to Adelaide's Parafield Airport, to suss out the feasability of training ab initio pilots to airline induction level.
JAL Express currrently operate B737-400's, and MD80's, and have 52 B737NG's on order, for delivery from next year.

Home Brew
9th Jun 2005, 02:22
So how many current qualified NG crew would be ready to head north of the equator, to assist with the crewing needs???

Particularly, if the current round of EBA's end up screwing the troops again!!! To coin a phrase, we are NOT happy Jan (GD, BG, CC and the rest GRRR):mad:

Kaptin M
9th Jun 2005, 03:06
The school at Parafield is for abinitio through to CPL, I understand, to supply (Japanese) F/O's to JAL Express.
Apparently All Nippon Airlines (ANA) is telling final year school students that if they first pay for their flying training, ANA will reimburse them in full, and employ them, once they successfully complete their CPL's.
This is how airlines in Japan are attempting to fill their need for pilots, as the shortage increases.

On your tack, Home Brew, JEX have reportedly told PARC that they are going to need 200 gaijin (non-Japanese) Captains to fill their crewing requirements for the MD and the 737NG, over the next couple of years.

"The airlines with the most pilots, wins" (or cancels services)!

fly_boy 4 flying
9th Jun 2005, 03:12
Those guys were out at Bankstown a while ago aswell checking out the schools there (Basair, UNSW, GFS). From what I hear the CFI of one YSBK school took them to lunch in Watson's Bay while the CFI from another at YSBK took them to lunch at Eddie's!!! :p

Thats my two cents worth anyway...

hughgoagogo
9th Jun 2005, 03:24
Kaptain,

Check your private msg's