PDA

View Full Version : Security queues at Dublin

FlyingV
8th Jun 2005, 10:55
This item has dropped of the news radar now, but what are the queues like at DUB early morning? I've got an 07:20 flight.

I don't want to arrive ridiculously early like I did for a morning flight last month to find no queue at all.

Irish Steve
8th Jun 2005, 19:39
Went out Sat Am, on a 06:40. Arrived at 05:25, nightmare to get into the terminal due to the size of the Q for EI/BMI check in. 5 Minutes at FR check in, 45 minutes to get through security.

At Security, you will now have to remove coat, hat, trouser belt and shoes, and there's damn all the other side to help put them back on again, so if you are not young fit and mobile, slip on shoes and track suit is the only alternative, DAA have done nothing at all to ease the problems for the elderly and infirm.

There was also a long queue to even get on to the departure road, at the time we arrived, it was back beyond the junction of the "old" and "new" entry roads, so as we were being dropped off by a family member, we bailed out at the roundabout, that saved at least 10 minutes of hassle trying to get on to the set down level,

There's just no way to predict it, the FR that was next to us was due to leave at 0620 and was 25 late off blocks, which looked like they had pax missing. We were a bit late leaving, but made the time up en route.

All in all, it's still pretty chaotic and not likely to improve in a hurry, and it's not going to take a lot to screw it all up again.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging.

Globaliser
8th Jun 2005, 21:59
Don't know if anything in this new thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177708) will help, as I've not read it - but you might be interested in having a look.