PDA

View Full Version : CAA AFTN CHarges

patgee
8th Jun 2005, 06:32
Can anyone give me some information about this: Any info most appreciated.
Our company has been using the AFTN code OSDIUASX originated
in Syria for the past 5 years to communicate with C.A.A around the world to get permits, for overflight & landing and to file flight plans .. etc. with no charge.

Suddenly, Syria C.A.A Decided to charge for A.F.T.N messages and without notice. They started to charge us as from 01 Apr,2005.

1 - Does C.A.A Syria has the right to charge for such service ?
1 - What is the class B message.
2 - What is the class A message.
3 - Is permits request and flight planes are B class or A class ?
4 - They are charging me per word 1 USD. Is this reasonable charges ??
5 - Do you have any source in ICAO that can give me a full and official explanation.
unquote

max payload
23rd Jun 2005, 22:08
patgee,

I suggest you talk to BCAA, they operate the AFTN system under the same rules and should be able to tell you everything you want to know. Or start with your local tower, EBXXZTZX.

Get back to me when you have all the answers.

Cheers, Max :ok:

acmi48
7th Jul 2005, 09:18
egypt do the same thru cairo despite huge protests from the AEA,
we circumvented atc filing thru cairo coming out of africa to avoid the transmisison costs up to 0.75usc a character as they were in our eyes illegally charging for class 'a' messages.

for info class 'a' messages are free and some class b are non chargable for operational tx .a straight forward request for explanation from syria of from the originator which seems to be UAS wud be a start ,or look for e mail alternatives.

wud be interested in your results as this seems to be growing trend on this particulair method of comsm which ,ust surely be reaching the end of its useful(?) years

brgs