PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Cabin Crew?

fly_guy100
8th Jun 2005, 00:58
Just wanted to know if there are any Qatar Airways cabin crew here. If there is any, please reply to this post or feel free to PM me! Thanx everybody!

apaddyinuk
8th Jun 2005, 17:10
Former QR crew here, still recovering a year and a half later!!!

A300Man-2005
8th Jun 2005, 17:35
ah Paddy, we miss you like crazy really..........

flightlevelchange
8th Jun 2005, 21:38
Former Qatar cabin crew here also in the same boat
:cool:

KTPops
9th Jun 2005, 01:33
I know you hear an equal measure of good and bad things about every airline, but I can honestly say that I have never heard a positive word said about Qatar (for CC anyway). It would be nice to be proved wrong though!

Good Luck!

KTP xx

dupont3700
9th Jun 2005, 06:13
I think it's not the worst thing working for them... it's you who decide to start working for them, not the other way around. There are unhappy people in every airline.

apaddyinuk
9th Jun 2005, 08:16
Implying something A300 man???

Kirstie
4th Aug 2005, 15:42
I'm here too :p

MIRRIAM
25th Aug 2005, 16:22
I CANT CALL IT CABIN CREW ,ITS LIKE ARMY
SPENDING MORE THAN 3 YEARS IN QR WAS LIKE HELL,AND ITS GETTING WORSE ,THE DAY I GAVE MY RESIGNATION LETTER I FELT SUCH A RELIEVE ,I SHOULD OF DONE IT EARLIER ,GUYS IS STAYS STILL LIKE A TRAUMA IN MY MEMORIES ,IMAGINE HOW BAD I FEEL ABOUT THIS COMPANY ,THAT EVERY TIME I HEAR AL BAKER I HAVE STOMACH ACHE ,SERIOUSLY ,NOW I AM FLYING FOR EK AND I AM SO HAPPY ,HAVING MY LIFE BACK ,I SPEND THE WORTS TIME OF MY LIFE IN QATAR ,................:mad:

gigglesnlol
31st Aug 2005, 12:57
count me in guys. m still recovering fm it

OzzieO
31st Aug 2005, 13:05
MIRRIAM it sounds horrific!!! But hang on you stayed 3 years?? How come you stayed so long if it was soooooooo bad??!!

fly_guy100
1st Sep 2005, 01:48
Can you give us some examples of how bad it is at QR? Thanx!

nuigini
1st Sep 2005, 16:52
wonder when they accept my application :hmm:

link123
14th Sep 2005, 12:04
HMMM
QR
Why is it so bad?

Well, yes work is tough but we put up with it. We deliver the best service coz we love our job. Everybody works hard.

What we cant put up with is being treated like s**t by the company.

We have crappy management because who in their right minds will be able to put up with aab. He is .... Cant even right it down coz he gives me the creeps.

10 pm curfew in our accomodations (male and female).
yes each building has its own security guard with whom both a male or a female visitor must present a valid ID and sign in before allowed access to our prison cells.

Yes, we get surprise inspections at anytime of day by the housing dept. If your apartment is not up to " QR STandards" of cleanliness then a professional cleaner will be sent to clean your house. Of course the expenses will be deducted from your salary.

Rosters, yes it sucks. They just don't care. They push us to the limits and when our body can't cope well that's too bad. YOu're just "faking it".I mean how can anybody get sick after flying for 7 straight days with minimum rest? It's inconceivable!

If you sign in sick. Be prepared to receive a surprise call from you know who.

And when you finally feel fit to fly well sorry theyll just give you an even worse roster than before that makes you just want to either kill yourself or shoot somebody.

Everyday, there's a new memo. Service changed. Cup handle must not be in 3 o'clock position but 4 o'clock. SEE THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!

No smoking, no using of mobile phones, no carrying of duty free plastic bags around the airport, I HEARD VERY SOON THEY WILL COME UP WITH " NO FARTING WHILST IN UNIFORM"

no accidental dozing in the jumpseat or be prepared to be electricuted. No reading of magazines on a night flight after the service. Only the service and safety manual is allowed.

The people we work with are very pleasant as well. They secretly take notes of the flight, video tape you away from base (we might not be carrying the proper QR DECORUM), and they tape record any comments you have about the management and the company and gladly present the evidence to the "acting cabin crew manager" who in return will reward our KGB trained spy with a promotion.

Yup, the crappiest people get the supervisor positons where they have the full authority to whip and torture they're poor slaves.

A slightest mistake or a passenger complaint will be punished severely. But yes not before you get a few professional compiments from the acting cabin crew manager.

Little does he know why the title is still "acting". He is just a lapdog that will kiss and lick the higher mans ass, and the higher man ain't stupid he wants him to keep on licking until he cant lick anymore. yup its hard working honestly for what you want.

correction: Cant even "write" it down
sorry. I\'ve been used and abused so I think thats exxcusable

correction: whip and torture " their"

OzzieO
14th Sep 2005, 12:34
link123 do I take it your not very happy then?

gigglesnlol
15th Sep 2005, 06:09
No one will understand the extent of problems until they have been thru it ...

I feel for u link123... been there, seen that, got punished asw well. finally decided to get myself out of there quick smart. its just not worth the physical and mental tortue n oh the money just to put up with all that! "Not happy, leave".... thats my policy. My advice is.... if you cant live with it and for the sake of your sanity, get out of there as soon as u can!

Take care

gigglesnlol

ricciricardo
15th Sep 2005, 07:49
Thier you have it guys and girls, Just DON'T do it, would you ever, in your right mind as a civilised, educated, rational citizen of the western world, let yourself be degraded to such extent, flying is great but don't be desperate about it!

link123
15th Sep 2005, 13:09
Well as I said before I love my job and surprisingly I love this company.
I've learned a lot from them but I think the management takes the phrase " Taking you more personally" a bit too far with their employees.
But very soon they will realize that they have screwed up big time because everybody is leaving, and unless they change their management and style, I dont think they will have people to fly the players in for their precious 2006 Asain Games.