PDA

View Full Version : Paris Air Show...how do I get in?

NWSRG
7th Jun 2005, 18:03
Folks,

I'm going to Paris next week, and I've missed the cut-off for postal tickets.

For any of you who have been there before, am I ok to turn up on the day? Also, can I buy grandstand tickets on the day?

Any advice appreciated!

seacue
7th Jun 2005, 18:35
At least on public days (weekend), there are ticket sales booths at the entry.

mupepe
7th Jun 2005, 19:30
The easiest way from CDG is by a cab!!!
Will cost you around 22 euros and it take about 15' to drive there.
Be aware anyway that taxi drivers doesn't like this sort of short distance and may show their unhappy mood face to you.....the customer ....because they spend more or less two, three hours in a queue underground to get a course.
good luck.

aeroconejo
7th Jun 2005, 20:31
You can book online at http://www.paris-air-show.com is €32 (about £23) for a one day ticket or €110 for the whole week.

They e mail you a bar coded confirmation which you swipe on entry to the show.

aero:)

NWSRG
8th Jun 2005, 11:04
Thanks guys,

Do you know if you can pay to get into the grandstand on the day?

gingernut
8th Jun 2005, 14:20
Any tips for getting the most from a one-day visit ?

EI-CGO
8th Jun 2005, 15:44
Far as i'm aware you CANT get into the 'grandstand' on the trade days unless you have a ticket to do so.

To be fair a cab from CDG is a total rip off and they seem to take you on a tour of the busiest streets of Le Bourget, get the Metro from the train station just next to T3, its about 20 mins tops, then there are a fleet of shuttle busses at the station to take you to the show (in 20 years of doing it this way the driver has never asked for a ticket a ticket). The total cost of this is a few quid, and even the CEO of a major UK carrier was spotted (and harranged) by us doing this last time round.

Last few times round we have left it till about 10:30ish to pitch up as it is much quieter from the point of view of queing and for the trains being unbearable, although not sure what this new 'bar code' ticketing system will be like.