PDA

View Full Version : Gf nightstops a farce

inflames
7th Jun 2005, 14:21
What campsite will they arrange for us to stay in next? Hostels in DXB, Martial Law in AUH! Can the accommodation committee be stopped, are they answerable to anyone?:\

boeingdriverx
9th Jun 2005, 06:15
ok for dubai i agree it's bad. this place is not nice. let's say even if you forget the bad style, being on minimum rest in this is a nightmare. it is very noisy, and i woke up many times very very tired. It is not a crew hotel.

On the other hand I have to say that the Armed Forces Club / Hotel is very nice. new rooms, very confortable beds, flat screen tv, very nice restaurant, for me it is way better than the gulf hotel... but there are no beach, no 'club/bar'... now we have to go downtown to have fun, but does the managment want us to have fun ? no they want us to rest !

so the deal is fare, but please do something for dubai!

cheers

Dixons Cider
9th Jun 2005, 17:38
Have to disagree with you Boeingdude, the Armed Forces Hotel is exactly that - a crash pad for soldiers of an islamic army, not airline crew on rest, and more often min rest.

No bar, no pool, no lying in the sun, dry minibar, dress code (particularly the girls), no guests in the rooms, para military security guards raoming the corridors, crap room service menu (esp after 11), no discount, no transport to get into town, and don't try and sleep during daylight - the curtains dont work.

All in all, its crap. Another excellent boost to morale. Dunno who the people are that make these decesions, but.......

As for DXB, don't get me started....

Speedbrake Lever
9th Jun 2005, 19:43
Hey Dixon's

God you boys with the Nancy Chefs really get it rough

There is a Bar at the Officers Club

and a damn good one too -

Us lot in Auh are havin a whale of a time

S.L.

Time to get in the " KNOW"

Dixons Cider
10th Jun 2005, 09:01
Good onya SL, pleased to hear somebody is having a good time!!

No point in us trying to find our way to the Officers club, it would take up all our meagre rest time!!