PDA

View Full Version : Routes out of LTN

MKDC8
7th Jun 2005, 08:08
Can anyone tell me what airlines operate ex LTN other than the EazyJet & Ryanair low cost flight.

More so what days, have not been to LTN for ages

Cahlibahn
7th Jun 2005, 08:18
Check out the website Luton Airport (http://www.london-luton.co.uk)

That says:-
The 8 scheduled carriers that operate at London Luton Airport are as follows:

* easyJet
* Helios Airways
* Ryanair
* Aer Arann
* Monarch Scheduled
* BA CitiExpress
* Wizz Air
* flyBe

and that the top 10 destinations (in pax numbers) were
(1) Glasgow
(2) Edinburgh
(3) Amsterdam
(4) Belfast
(5) Dublin
(6) Geneva
(7) Malaga
(8) Paris
(9) Nice
(10) Alicante

Fried_Chicken
7th Jun 2005, 11:33
Although FlyBe is currently just a seasonal Saturday flight to Jersey

BA Citiexpress is the daily (?) IOM rotation

IT is covered by Britannia & First Choice (the latter being a based A320) plus a couple of Foreign ITs

FC

LTNman
8th Jun 2005, 07:25
Add to that Helvetic’s daily service to Zurich and from the middle of this month a 3 x weekly service by Swefly to Pakistain. On the cargo side there are flights by DHL and MNG flying A300 Airbusses. Have a look at the photos at http://doug3658.fotopic.net/ for aircraft flying into LTN

MKDC8
8th Jun 2005, 17:12
Thanks for all the info on routes ex LTN, so what time does the Hellavic flights get in/go out ?

Went over today and found a Qantas Air Link Dash8-400Q sitting there, carried a canadian reg, I think it was C-GAFW, but was in full Qantas cls.

It did not take much runway to depart from and climbed steeply, anyone would think crew were putting on a display !!

Interesting colour scheme in Wizz.com' A320

Loads of biz there also.

I can see Luton is expanding and devolping as well.

LTNman
8th Jun 2005, 20:03
The Helvetic arrives at 18.20 and leaves around 18.55. As for executive jet flights no other UK airport comes close to LTN.

Fried_Chicken
8th Jun 2005, 22:49
Went over today and found a Qantas Air Link Dash8-400Q sitting there, carried a canadian reg, I think it was C-GAFW, but was in full Qantas cls.

It was CGAFM & departed to London City (non-airways) as DHC05

Should eventually make its way to Paris

Fried Chicken

captsuzy
11th Jun 2005, 01:36
does the plane owned by lego still base itself there, i have heard it a few times over the airwaves with its Lego call sign

Georgeablelovehowindia
12th Jun 2005, 10:09
Lego flies daily into Farnborough.

Goldryder
12th Jun 2005, 10:13
I can still remember the Court Line multi-coloured jets and Dan-Air oprating from there many many moons ago.

Ise showing my age now...:O

airborne_artist
12th Jun 2005, 10:43
I can remember when there were two grass runways at LTN - 18/36 and 06/24.

I was flying solo in/out of LTN with about 20 hours TT - but we had to do solo circuits at Leavesden.