PDA

View Full Version : EK DONT want $$ for late A380?!

1279shp
7th Jun 2005, 05:28
Emirates, the biggest customer for Airbus's new A380 superjumbo, will not seek damages for a delay of up to six months in delivery of the jets because compensation is guaranteed in the contract, the airline said on Monday.

Airbus Chief Executive Noel Forgeard met Emirates executives in Dubai on Sunday to discuss the possible delay, an Emirates spokesman said. But he denied reports suggesting the carrier had threatened legal action.

"I understand Airbus sent a letter advising Emirates there could be a delay of up to six months," the spokesman said. "All airlines have their own deals and there is a penalty for delay in payment or a delay in delivery."

He said the amount of compensation could not be calculated until the extent of the delay was known. The first Emirates A380 had been due for delivery in October next year.

Rapidly expanding Emirates has an order worth over USD$12 billion for 45 of the airliners, which will be the world's biggest with seats for up to 853 passengers.

Two other key A380 customers, Qantas and Singapore Airlines, have both said they are disappointed by the delay, which could force carriers to put off retiring older planes or bring forward purchases of other jets.

"We are confident that there will be no issue, whether it's compensation or no compensation," the Emirates spokesman said. "We hope we can manage, from now until the delivery, to reschedule the use of the aircraft."

(Reuters)

Howard Hughes
7th Jun 2005, 05:31
with seats for up to 853 passengers.

Every time I hear about the A-380, the number of seats seems to go up! Is it just me?

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Redstone
7th Jun 2005, 06:35
853 must be 3 class config, I think they are going to run at 1002 seats in the budget all economy config.................:sad:

sinala1
7th Jun 2005, 13:10
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/dbr/lowres/dbrn337l.jpg