PDA

View Full Version : the flying skips

cozy
6th Jun 2005, 22:37
ok,you are all going to clean your own planes it does not work.
flybe started this move to cut costs.
its a shame,me i am working for ics(inflight cleaning services) the only time the planes get clean is when they return to belfast.
ie bfs/sou
the bins are are full the toilets smell so bad,they do not detash. this goes for all the routes from belfast.(bhd)
yes it saves money but they are like flying in a bin skip.so they do 2 sectors before they touch by a cleaner.
need i say anymore.

dundoniandean
10th Jun 2005, 19:00
If you had said "wibble", it would have made more sense! WTF are you going on about?

7006 fan
10th Jun 2005, 19:57
No need to be offensive, there is a sensible point here, the trolley dollies and crew ain't gonna get their hands dirty cleaning bogs, would you want to be served by someone who smells of Brobat Blue?
Sandwich Sir, ooh sorry about the s..t!

:*

Whilst we are about it why don't the SLF load their own bags, they do on a train?

Tallbloke
10th Jun 2005, 20:44
Flybe did not start this, FR EZ Go and a host of others have required CC to tidy the cabin in flight years before the scales fell from FlyBE's eyes.

ltn and beyond
10th Jun 2005, 21:59
it good economics not to have cleaners on every turnround as the cabin simply does not require anything more than a quick tidy.
I'm sure if a Flybe No1 asks any capt to get the cleaner to meet the aircraft, if they feel it needs professional cleaners, then that is what will happen.

For to long now cleaners have visited aircraft that dont really need cleaning take away a gash bag and walk through to cabin wiping all trays with the same damp cloth, and showing the main carpet the hover, sometimes even switching it on!!!!.

Yes some aircraft do need a clean on every turnround but not all short sectors where in the main the pax's have not eaten or drink any thing to make a mess!!!, its call changing times!!.

Suprising this cleaners is not already aware of this as they are normally the first to know whats going on !!! :ooh:

excrab
10th Jun 2005, 22:10
ltn and beyond is quite correct, if flybe crew request cleaning at any turn around other than the aircrafts home base it is available, this includes toilet service if required.

International flights ie longer sectors get cleaners on all turnrounds, just UK internal where the aircraft may go for two sectors with just a "cabin tidy" ie crew pick up major litter and tidy seat pockets and belts. They certainly are NOT expected to clean toilets/basins before carrying out a cabin service for the next lot of pax.

Bearing in mind the state that long haul a/c get in after a single sector can't see the problem - except that the cabin crew should really get paid more for doing it. And as has been said flybe are just following the lead of others.

david_wilding
10th Jun 2005, 22:12
I must admit that easyJet have clean cabins and they do well to offer a clean and comfortable service on such a short turnaround. They are clever to clean up while you are on decent, they come up and down the gangway several times with the bright orange bin bags collecting all the rubbish, then simply hand them over once we land.

Collecting back in the unwanted in-flight magazines is also done during this time, to save more time on the ground. Rather than going around and getting them out of the seat pockets.

eastern wiseguy
10th Jun 2005, 23:12
They are clever to clean up while you are on decent,

The word is DESCENT ...please

spelling mode active