View Full Version : 737 question - PANIC ON!

sumps
6th Jun 2005, 21:49
Gents,

I am military bloke doing a civi' course - I got this as an assignment - haven’t got a clue where to start or end. Any pointers would be a bonus and I would be more than thankful - I have to get the report in the last week of this month so....
- PANIC CAPTION "ON".

Have a read...

You are the Nominated Postholder for Maintenance within an airline that is starting from scratch. You need to satisfy the authority that your airline qualifies for its AOC with regard to maintenance management. The Fleet consists of four aircraft: - Two new Boeing 737-700 & Two used Boeing 737-300 Quick Change aircraft with a Cargo Door installed under a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC). As it is a small airline you will contract out Base & Line Maintenance. Your main Line Maintenance provider will cover your fixed bases, but you will contract out Line Maintenance to various out-stations for ad-hoc operations as & when they arise. You will maintain your own Technical Records in house.

Provide a Project Plan that shows how will meet all the requirements stating what level of company approvals will be required to achieve this. Include within this how you will create & maintain an approved maintenance programme, the Boeing Maintenance Planning Document (MPD) will be accepted by the authority, however this will not cover the Cargo Door STC. The start date for the Airline will be after 1st October 2005.

I’m not asking for the completed project but sequential information would be brilliant.

Thanks for taking the time to read and, if you do, replying.

Sumps

Terraplaneblues
7th Jun 2005, 10:48
Look at the following - avail on EASA website:

COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 2042/2003
of 20 November 2003
on the continuing airworthiness of aircraft and aeronautical products, parts and appliances, and on
the approval of organisations and personnel involved in these tasks

In particular article 7 "Entry Into Force" October 2005 is significant.

Also see Pemco Aviation Group Inc (http://www.pemcoaviationgroup.com/737brochureFINAL.pdf)

Forgot this, STC is SA2969SO for the cargo door.