PDA

View Full Version : Pommies in Oz/NZ

Arrowhead
6th Jun 2005, 13:57
Can anyone tell me if there are any Pommie FOs flying in Oz or NZ? I know of many that have gone the other way, but was wondering whether if there was an anti-Pommie bias generally, or major visa issues, that would prevent a move down under.

Any help much appreciated

Captain Condom
6th Jun 2005, 21:28
No bias against poms in NZ - there are heaps of us here. Can't think offhand of any other in aviation but I'm sure there are plenty.

Don't know about converting the licence (www.caa.govt.nz) as I did mine from scratch - probably law exam and flight test, but visa should be no problem. Wonderful place to live - I've been here for 12 years apart from a couple of years back in the UK doing the licence. Very slow in aviation though, and more a lifestyle job than a big earner. Even with a pommy ATPL I've no plans to go back - I'm happy as an F/O with a regional (although hoping for a command sometime soon!)

Taildragger
6th Jun 2005, 21:42
Should get more Scots in there....bring back a bit of quality.!!

reynoldsno1
6th Jun 2005, 21:51
Jeez, Otago is full of them......

Arrowhead
7th Jun 2005, 01:19
Air NZ told me not to even bother applying unless I already had permanent residency. Aka "F OFF"... so I was hoping for some good news from Jetstar or somewhere in Oz...

murdoch_disliker
7th Jun 2005, 06:16
Well for us antipideons reading positions advertised in Europe they normally go something like this; MUST have JAR licence, and MUST have an EU passport.
So I think that the same should apply the other way, thats only logical.

tinpis
7th Jun 2005, 06:34
So I think that the same should apply the other way, thats only logical.

Whats the problem?....they do.

In fact in Oz they pretty good at locking up or deporting citizens :hmm: