PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Passenger Services

AIRWAY
6th Jun 2005, 12:16
Hello all and good afternoon,

Im looking for some information regarding Virgin Atlantic "Passenger Services Agent" vacancies @ LHR, could someone please shed some light in the recruitment process, the working enviroment and conditions, wage packages etc... within the company.

You can PM me or post here.

Many thanks for your time and attention.

Regards,
Airway

Standard Jet Dep
12th Jun 2005, 13:17
Airway pls see your PMS

captainbritboy
12th Jun 2005, 14:07
I feel a bit sorry that you have had such a poor response to a perfectly valid enquiry, so I thought I'd write something for you.

The wife of a friend of mine has been a Passenger Services Agent at LHR for VS since 1994, and she loves it. Due to family commitments, she has turned down many promotions, and is happy just to continue on check-in rather than take on responsibilty, but the opportunities are there.

Generally, working for VS at LHR is really hard work, so don't expect an easy ride. The turnover of staff is high due to the travelling/parking problems and the shifts mean that you might only be working with the same person once every six weeks which means you don't get much of a chance to 'bond' with your colleagues. My contact has been at Gatwick for over ten years which means she is a 'known' face to everyone from loaders to Captains, and despatchers to 'RB' himself.

Generally, the working environment is easy going, and the emphasis seems to be on having fun whilst 'getting the job done'.
Generally, VS pax tend to be a pleasant bunch, and not too demanding. I have a few chums who work with me here at LGW for VS, but the clientele here is a bit different... chavs going to MCO on the VS27/15 to see 'Mickaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay'. That lot tend to be very demanding and extremely rude.

VS at LGW are handled by Groundstar/Swissport who took over from Aviance (GHI/BMI amalgamation) in March 2004. The GS agents wear VS uniform. There are a number of passenger services agents employed by the airline, but their role is mainly to oversee the handling agents.

If you are serious about a career in the airline industry, I would highly recommend VS as a viable employer. I have yet to meet anyone who has had a bad experience with Virgin Atlantic.

Good luck.

:ok:

AIRWAY
12th Jun 2005, 14:55
Hello there,

Many thanks for the PM and also the reply :ok:

Indeed i am serious about a career in aviation, im currently Student Pilot and i thought it is the right time for me to make a move and find myself a job within an airline, and like you said VS seems a very nice company to work for and gain valuable experience and make my way up (would love to be a pilot for VS one day), i am under no illusion and i kmow it will not be a walk in the park, but i am willing to give my best and try.

Kind Regards,
Airway

boeingbus2002
15th Jun 2005, 21:44
Have you tried a search on this topic?
I posted my experience a while ago. Ill try to find it again if you still have no joy. No nasty surprises..just unusual surprises for the selection!!
Its Virgin..you dont think its so straight forward do you?!
Good luck!

AIRWAY
18th Jun 2005, 08:12
Thank You BB2002, found it. :ok: