PDA

View Full Version : Pprune Stop Advertising Lies

beernice
6th Jun 2005, 12:12
To my astonishement I have just read an ad for Ryanair on PPrune. Its tries to tell us that Ryanair is the high pay airline and that FO's can earn up to £70000. Im a senior FO and all I can say is LIES LIES LIES. It also says that Ryanair is the high pay ailine. While our actual take home pay is reasonable our overall package is very average considerably less than other airlines in the UK.
This ad shows how desperate Ryanair are for pilots. The promise of cheap labour from the east has not materalised and I would say a considerable number of their pilots are thinking of leaving. I know that PPrune are not to blame for advertising content but I would say be careful who you get into bed with, it wasn't so long ago that ryanair tried to shut the website down for good!

Flying Mech
6th Jun 2005, 12:31
Beernice if you work for FR you should understand thir mentality by now. Pprune is "LOW COST" advertising in Ryanairs view.Sure they tried to shut it down but now it suits them so they will try & entice a few gullible pilots to come and work for them.At the end of the day from FR's point of view its just Buisness and they don't mind who they are shafting in order to bully their way &their employees as has all been documented several times here on Pprune. But keep it up ,keep the dirty washing coming out on Pprune & keep Suing them in Court and keep looking for another job. Long live Pprune & FR Bashing!:ok:

south coast
6th Jun 2005, 19:04
please could someone explain why ryan air tried to close down pprune....did not hear that story.

thanks

Flying Mech
6th Jun 2005, 19:52
South Coast I can't beleive you haven't heard about this. Have you being hiding under a rock for the last 6 months? Just do a quick Pprune search on FR about their pilots discussing T & C. This is why FR tried to close down Pprune and as far as I can recall sue Danny as well.

south coast
6th Jun 2005, 20:04
i do remember reading part of the thread, it was quite a long one...but since i have been living in south africa for the past few years, not always up to date on uk issues.

thanks anyway

10002level
7th Jun 2005, 07:37
Instead of posting a bland statement, it would be helpful to others if factual information was published. Without that information the post is meaningless.

You could consider complaining to the ASA http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/