PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on friendly fire incident

ConwayB
6th Jun 2005, 10:18
Hello all,

In Gulf War 1, LTCOL Ralph Hayles (c/s Gunfighter 6) led an Apache Aerial Fire Support mission in support of the 1st Inf Division.

Unfortunately, due to a number of factors, it resulted in the deaths of two US Soldiers when their armoured vehicles were mis-identified and were fired upon.

I have plenty of information about this incident but have lost the transcript of the investigation which was formerly available on the www but now seems to have been removed.

Does anyone have any information on where I can get a copy (electronic or otherwise) of the special investigation held by the US Govt in 1993?

Thanks in advance.

ORAC
6th Jun 2005, 11:09
This (http://www.flight-level.com/dogfight/gunfightersix.doc?bcsi_scan_0957343BD9EB263B=0&bcsi_scan_filename=gunfightersix.doc) what you are after?

ImageGear
6th Jun 2005, 12:55
Loads fine Mike, just takes a long time, even on broadband.

(Its big)

Red Line Entry
6th Jun 2005, 16:50
Sad event, but in comparison with some of the "gung-ho" friendly fire incidents of recent years, it reads far more like a true Fog of War incident than most US blue-on-blue events.

Although particularly chilling was the fact that the Lt Col said "I hope they're not friendlies" as he pulled the trigger!!

ConwayB
7th Jun 2005, 12:18
Thanks to all respondants.

Nick Lappos sent me two links that worked fine and gave me the info I needed.

Yes it was a very sad incident and one where you could quite easily say; 'There but for the grace of God go I."

Safe Flying.

CB