PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment

magnum44
6th Jun 2005, 09:39
Any one knows the procedure for getting a job in Etihad? I have tried their website but no reply, or is it that you need to know someone inside Etihad?
Who runs the HR departement. Does the Sheikh knows whats going on in his airline?

wallflower
6th Jun 2005, 09:57
MAGNUM44

Are you mad?Is it possible that you are not one of the over 12000 viewers of the other thread about Etihad?Read that first and then ask yourself if you would still like to apply!

fractional
6th Jun 2005, 11:11
Good slogan!
These guys have not (or do not want) to realise that they need urgently responsible expertise. It doesn't come cheap to start with and they need to keep the tempo in order to become competitive.
Drives to nationalise human resources are good but not enough to maintain such a projected growth.
EK made an aggressive marketing campaign more than 10 years ago in order to get where they are now and they have got the name EMIRATES written all over the place. It's a brand name most of worldwide.
I know things could be better for the staff (as per the latest posts), but in general they are better off than anyone else in the Gulf majors.
In 91, EK had 8 acft (?), the same number EY has (?) at the moment according to the Airbus figures. Until then, they struggle because money was short and things were not running well too. But EK did not order hips of acft until they started to get organised. They brought in quality people and they marketed the name and DXB (shopping festival).
EY will have a good future if they recruit valuable expertise and (re)structure immediately in order to face the challenges of suddenly having to deal with 20 acft (or more) in the next 2 years. If doing it NOW, feasible results won't be seen for the next 2 or 3 years.
I've been there, I've felt it and had to quit some years ago.
The bottom line is: EY (or any other operator) is still a good job for:
- anyone single or married (no kids)
- jobless
- worse off elsewhere (by a good margin though)
- f/o with obvious aspirations, etc...
As I said in previous posts, the Gulf is no longer a gold mine, but it's still a golden opportunity for some (mainly youngsters, like the ones listed above). If you fit in one of those categories, go ahead. Be prepare for all sorts of surprises too. Just never have an empty stomach... Thre are things you don't have to understand, just do it until you can. If you cannot, look for something else before they hit you. Keep your eyes open and stay afloat.
Chin up!

gccpro
6th Jun 2005, 15:46
Fractional, You omitted in your last paragraph about who should go and work for EY:

Ex conmen!
Ex policemen turned conmen
Ex conmen turned Pilots
And off course female appraisers in the sym

Add to that the promotees with "office skills" and a mattres on their back and what you have is anything but an airline.

The fact is that there are many in there who are simply good, and the sad truth is that 1 apple rots the rest of the basket.

Skase Jr. you are neither of the cases listed above, but you either have wooden glasses or you simply believe that this is an ideal environment for any respectable being but in all cases you are not far off the mark of despair!:ouch:

magnum44
7th Jun 2005, 05:33
thanks guys, its seems this is goingon in the whole of middle east airlines. They even discriminate there own GCC brothers from getting the jobs. They favor the Indian, Srilanka and some eastern countries. What a shame. I know of so many bright and intelligent Gulf Nationals who could do better than those at the post now. U need to be leaking somebody **s to be taken on board. Its happening in QR,GF,WY.
Let me say this to Sheik Ahmed of Etihad, don't make the same mistake when you were in Gulf Air.

magnum44
12th Jun 2005, 04:59
Does anyone knows what happen to Salim Al Salmi who one of the top Etihad Management? and What is Al Bryson doing now???:*

sandpit
6th Jul 2005, 10:59
How long does it generally take to get a response from Etihad afetr submitting online?

coffindodger
7th Jul 2005, 13:29
little ole me and zimmer has appiled to ey for a number of positions all of which i was over qualified for by the basic on the job spec.
having worked in the middle east for 9 out of the last 12 as grd eng.
as members say its the cheaper option to go with the asian workforce. it happened at abu dhabi aviation they brought in a lot of asian workers and all the expats left and look at the mess its in now.
yes you pay for what you get you pay peanuts and you get !!!
so as they say lets watch this space.
i think al bryson is back at gamco.

gccpro
7th Jul 2005, 13:52
Sandpit;

About 2 minutes on the pc, make it 5 weeks in the brain of an EY HR employee. Required to justify his appointment.

flynbyu
7th Jul 2005, 19:09
DT left a couple months back :)

gccpro
7th Jul 2005, 19:19
He might have just been there to service or get serviced
:ouch:

magnum44
1st Aug 2005, 08:33
Does anyone knows if applications in the Etihad website really works or just a game. Do you need to have some insider to push your papers to get employed?

EasyGo-Lucky?
2nd Aug 2005, 04:32
The website application process does work you just have to be patient.

gccpro
2nd Aug 2005, 06:15
does work you just have to be patient

New Airline, new systems, same problems as other airlines, what's the point?

The whole purpose of online apps is to make it quicker and give some bearing.

How can EY impress upon those seeking employment positively when we are doing what EK, QR and Gf are doing but worse!

fullforward
4th Nov 2005, 13:57
You really mean you applied for a job you donīt have an idea on the salary?????
Itīs is the oddest statement I have read! Or maybe youīre just starving...sorry.

Kerosene Converter
5th Nov 2005, 12:20
applied myself at the beginning of the year. got rejected almost immediately from the B777 fO job! took 8months for them to reply to the A330 FO job i applied for at the same time!
Only had 500 jet but I thought I would chance my luck!

A330habib
7th Nov 2005, 11:25
sean

let me tell u that you would be very lucky to clear 7000dhs per month! sep/oct and even november has seen crew only working 70-90hours per month! u do the maths, its not a lot of money, last month i was lucky to clear just over 6000dhs, and please these "seniors" that u talk about do not earn 15000dhs per month!!! CM dont even earn 10000dhs per month, they are lucky to get about 8000-9000dhs (maximum!)

lets not forget crew are spending their own money on overnights in some of the most expensive cities in europe! so that 210dhs daily flying pay works out to be about 30pounds per day in london, try to buy breakfast lunch dinner etc etc on that!

the other thing that annoys me about most of our crew is that the ones who have been here just over 4 or 5 months consider themselves senior! go work at BA where after 15 or 20 years u are senior!

i have had enough of this bull*it airline, and im headin back to the UK

the smart ones leave, the ones with no options stay, and the idiots who want to punish themselves more stay stay stay

unfortuntely in this world, there will always be people who will want to do this glamourous job, and EY will never have a problem hiring people...

have u flown emirates lately? my god its like flying EY with all their procedures, and service in economy!!! however EK crew are much more professional, and crew so much nicer

i heard that another 15 or so have resigned in the last 2 weeks, anyone got more information?

fractional
7th Nov 2005, 12:11
It should be rephrased what is said in this last posting:
the smart ones leave, the ones with no options stay, and the idiots who want to punish themselves more stay stay stay
I fully respect those who didnīt have a job elsewhere, or can get a promotion or command shortly and those with a lower savings in their previous jobs.
Financial commitments and primarily "food on the table and utilities paid" are very much a personal issue and need paying and Iīve nothing to say about them. My remark goes only for those who are smart and can get better jobs elsewhere and are still in teh jobs they have under the impression that things will get better... one day! Life isnīt just doing nothing on days off, sunbathing, bars, pubs, power-boating, shopping, etc... Youīll need a good rational to make ends meet.

flynbyu
7th Nov 2005, 17:18
Life isnīt just doing nothing on days off, sunbathing, bars, pubs, power-boating, shopping, etc... Youīll need a good rational to make ends meet.

No don't get me wrong fractional but isn't all your housing and transport to and from work paid for? So as a cc even on 7000 AED per month, you should be able to make at least ends meet. You may not be getting rich, but I don't suppose that is the reason why anyone becomes cc, but don't go saying you can't make ends meet......

A330habib
8th Nov 2005, 03:55
sean or whatever ur name is ( i mean really would u post ur own real name here i think not!)

whether u are in management at EY or whatever u are doing i really dont care! we all know that EY management are trying to find out who posts on here, and even the local police are involved, but thats another story!

yes i have been here since early this year, and i live in the nice building near the big hotel in town... enough said

we all know that we can spend next to nothing on an overnight, but u do need to eat, and yes sometimes 30pounds dont get u far in london on a day!

when i talk about people resignin i talk about etihad, cause i work for etihad. why would i talk about other airlines! i wouldnt know their situations!

and i can honestly say ive been invited to attend an assesment this month for CM, however i would not waste my time. I know many of them, am friends with a few as well, and i know what they earn, and i have posted this information.

lets take an EK crew members wage into consideration. They get about 9000dhs per month, and when on an overnight they receive an allowance in slip ports to cover incidentals. I know Ey are trying to get cabin seniors down the back trained up, these people will earn about 8500 per month, and the CM wage will go up as well.

And no im actually very easy to please, however when i see what is going on, how hard crew work, and what little money we get its really not worth it at the end of the day.

Im not attacking you, but please dont get trapped into hearing all the EY Hype, they dont even pay their diamond (first) or pearl (business class) crew more money for working up the front! Ek and everyone else do. And yes i know of a very long list of peopl who will be leaving before christmas! If you are western in this airline u are bound to leave sooner rather than later, we dont put up with anything. Its not about having an issue with flying, cause i absolutely love the job, and so do the others and i wouldnt do anything else.

INSHALLAH!!! or however they say it

Flirt Attendant
10th Nov 2005, 06:22
Training salary 2,500 dirhams per month.

Basic salary (once you have completed training)3,020 dirhams, + 210 dirhams per duty day irrespective of hours worked. Currently most crew have at least 10 days off per month.

You do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind that most duty days are on average in excess of 10 hours.

noflare
10th Nov 2005, 08:35
If its so bad then why dont you leave and head back to the UK, come work for a charter airline here!....then you will know what hard work and low wages is really all about.......

The grass is not always greener:rolleyes:

Lethalfart
10th Nov 2005, 11:21
How supportive of you Noflare, another driver asked to think......

Your handle should be No Flair instead.

Tell me no Flair can you live on a basic of 3200 Dhs, or is it that you prefer the crew at the mercy of flight deck and vultures?

So much for an induction mate, thank God they don't have you as a spokesperson for the outfit, it's bad as it is but with you theyw ould definetly be in the dolldrums.:suspect:

noflare
11th Nov 2005, 07:53
:rolleyes:

Listen mate you took the job knowing the salary, Im sure it was discussed at the interview.........if it wasnt as discussed then bail out ...find something else.....it really is not rocket science!

I imagine you are great for crew morale!!.... just what a new airline needs whingers like you!....bet your great to fly with!

Good luck!:}

Lethalfart
11th Nov 2005, 15:50
No Flair,

Yea, yea, yea....... Mr Know everything little man, has it occured to you that perhaps Cabin Crew like anyone else are entitled to voice any concern that they may have, including one over how much we are paid.

Little men like you, expect and want crew to be in the position we are in so that you can remain above and enlighten us with your wise, smart cracks on how and what we should speak of, typical driver attitude, and surprising when coming from a westerner who prides himself for his democratic culture and civil liberites, telling everyone how modern and effective everything in your country is. Obviously wherever you come from, you haven't got a frikking clue of what that means.

For your info, we have been cutr short on every angle when it comes to pay, Etihad is the poorest payer in the region in case you did not know, look at EK and others around. We rank close to QR, not what I would call a reference..... Unless of course you like that, phillipinas and Eastern european crew at the mercy of the likes of you, willing to marry them if they are lucky.....The morrocans are reserved just in case you did not know!

The reality is in the F/D there are very few men left, all I see now are weaklings with stripes all sucking up to HW and the rest.

Crew morale is not of my making or yours, as a matter of fact I suggest you don't even get involved in that, unless you want to debate why half of the girls are forced to sleep with the master and what input you have into that......But like I said earlier, you are a weakling and like all others you will sit and watch, unless of course you are part of the procuring team....

So keep your comments to yourself and I will choose to moan and whinge when and where I want.

And if you don't like it, pack up and go yourself, I don't believe having seen your name scribbled on the fuselage of an EY aircraft or in the Arrivals lounge of AUH airport saying Noflair welcomes you!

Welcome to Arabia mate! I will tell you what and what not to say, not you! Have a pleasant stay, see you on-board!

:E

noflare
13th Nov 2005, 20:07
Lethalfart

Get some help you need it!:p

4HolerPoler
13th Nov 2005, 21:41
Cool it please guys - carry on your shoving match by PM or email please. To ignore my polite request would incur a penalty.

4HP

Lethalfart
15th Nov 2005, 14:46
NO Problem 4hp, I never meant to have the last word on the issue, but there you go....... I just did!

Not that it should upset anyone, but it proves my point!

:E

flynbyu
15th Nov 2005, 19:10
And your point was?????