PDA

View Full Version : Hours QF MAM F/a

Brad.Duck
5th Jun 2005, 02:10
Hello People...

I am a QF MAM F/a Sydney based. JUst wondering what the general concensis is regarding hours for the Month of June 2005. Its seems the work has instantly dried up???

What do you think..

Cheers

RollzRoyce
5th Jun 2005, 02:33
Hi Brad.Duck,

Yes things are very slow!!!

I heard that apparently this month there is only 7000 hours of duties to alocate to casuals, where as until last month there was 17000 hours (and all casuals pretty much had full time hours in the last 6 months). Big drop. The permanent F/A's have not taken as much Flexible Work Arrangements this month and that's the reason why there is a huge drop in hours for the casuals. Next month will pick up again...school holidays etc.

This is what I have heard and just passing it on, hope it clarifies your question a little.

Rollz :ok:

Bizzi_Boi
5th Jun 2005, 05:56
Good to hear more casuals are reporting concern over hours.

I had a topic posted here all about it, but seemed it made a few people annoyed as my point was mistaken.

The hours are drying up for sure, and I think the FAAA meeting upcoming on June 17th might be a good forum to ask the FAAA what they think the state of play will be going fwd.

Just knowing where we stand is all we expect. My fear of QF hiring too many casuals has occured and yes everyone is saying next month will be better. Well we all hope that is true across all bases.

Happy landings !!

Bizzi_Boi

gigs
5th Jun 2005, 22:30
somtimes no work is a way of qantas asking for us to sign something....its happened before...they wait a while then you sign for work.....just 2 cents to the posts.....cheers gigs

Bizzi_Boi
7th Jun 2005, 08:14
What do u mean by that comment 'Gigs' ?

somtimes no work is a way of qantas asking for us to sign something....its happened before...they wait a while then you sign for work.....just 2 cents to the posts.....cheers gigs

Aircrew scheduled have revealed that this month is slow and some casuals are on 1 - 2 weeks of NON REQ status.

Reports suggest that many casuals have been calling up Aircrew constantly seeking work, but there is no work.

So I'm confused and intrigued as to the comment that Gigs made above. Are you referring to the new casual contract that specifies more availability e.g weekends? Pls explain

Further comment would be appreciated.

Bizzi_Boi

gigs
8th Jun 2005, 08:08
casual work is subject to season and market fluctuation in our industry. so its reasonable to assume that on some months work will be less. qf has pumped out classes now in a quiet time when it knows projected loads for this time of the year.so we are in a situation that qf alone has made.you would ask ones self why? for what reason?.......phase 3 of the casual gig ie you must work 50% of weekends,some type of scab business which i dont like/thats the before i mentioned/before your time bizzi/ or could they be that foolish to train outfit and then place on line new staff with no work?that would be counter productive. hope this explains my 2 cents///its good to try to forcast the next move and stay in touch thats why your comments and i would hope mine help. interestingly the most hours worked was when kylie was rocking around asking for vr in s/haul. guess casuals helped create an excess of surplus........may i also add that i think its unfair to work mates to ring crewing to try to line hop they know your their////not refering directly to you bizzi.......hope all makes sense here typing sucks!!!!!! cheers gigs

flyingelvis
11th Jun 2005, 05:39
yes its quiet, very quiet, which is apparently typical for may/jun
spoke with MAM, work should pick up next month with school holidays, will be interesting to how the recent recruitment will change the hours we got used to working....

GalleyHag
11th Jun 2005, 11:29
The lack of hours doesnt seem to be effecting everyone. A Melbourne based girlfriend worked over 100 hours last month and has been getting constant work so far this month.

Also I flew with a couple of MAM crew today out of Sydney and they have worked quite a bit since the beginning of the month. They were expecting a quite month after speaking to other crew but they are not experiencing it.

gigs
11th Jun 2005, 23:46
good for that lot of staff,but,its still back to fair and even distribution of the work on equal status which,never ever seems to happen!!!!!!!!! head down bum up work all week ends comply with all asked and still some people seem to just get the cream of the crop.

hours are very low this month galley hag if the other casuals your flying with are telling you they are getting good hrs they would be the only ones.