PDA

View Full Version : Logbook acc. to JAR FCL 1.080

Yogibaboo
4th Jun 2005, 22:31
I am new on the forum. I write from Poland and now my country is in the process of joining to JAA. Few aviation rules are going to change for us, so I am not very familar with JARs, yet.
I have just bought new Pilot Logbook which meets JAR FCL 1.080 requirements and I have a question about recording flight time.
I fly C525 as corporate pilot, not under AOC. Once as PIC, once as F/O. C525 is acc. to App. 1 to JAR FCL 1.220 certified as Single Pilot plane. May I log my flight time when I fly on the right seat (as F/O)? If yes, in which column do I record it. "Co-pilot" is, I think, for time as F/O on Multi Pilot planes? Maybe "DUAL"? Please help me.

BstRgds

Yogi

BizJetJock
5th Jun 2005, 15:13
You should record it as "copilot", as that is the function you are carrying out. However the JAA or EASA or whatever it's called next week will not credit those hours towards any future licence issues. Just shows how little they know about how aeroplanes are flown...:mad:

Yogibaboo
5th Jun 2005, 21:45
OK, but acc. to JAR FCL 1.080 (c) (2):

The holder of a pilot licence occupyinig a pilot seat as co-pilot log all flight time as co-pilot flight time on an aeroplane on which more than one pilot is required under the type certification of the aeroplane, or the regulations under which the flight is conducted.

Btw I think the same about Eurocrats from JAA, but...:mad:

erikv
7th Jun 2005, 08:51
You may log time as F/O only when an F/O is required, either by the type certificate or the type of operation. So on a C525, Beech 1900, etc you may log time as F/O when operating on an AOC, but not on private flights.

Erik.

Kopeloi
7th Jun 2005, 10:40
You should log as a capacity served. You may not be able to use such experience as a credit for higher class licence, if so required. Flight time is flight time , period.