PDA

View Full Version : EI406 dub-fpo

j_davey
4th Jun 2005, 18:09
http://www.examiner.ie/pport/web/Full_Story/did-sgem6CGBeT6xQsgDQQ5wn3uAIg.asp

i was unfortunate enough to be on this flight, and let me tell you all, if that was the smell of sweets then im a monkeys uncle.....

it was a pungeant burning smell that lasted about five minutes.

besides, the skipper told us it was a small butane gas canister(labelled aircraft friendly) that leaked in somebodys luggage. now refresh me memory here, last time i read the IATA dgr manual i noticed that gas canisters(camping and for hair curlers) were forbidden onboard passenger aircraft.

i just have a funny feeling that somebodies is spreading manure on this one...... dont get me wrong tho, the crew did an exceptional job given the circumstances and crap they had to put ut with from some of the passengers.

apaddyinuk
6th Jun 2005, 20:27
I just read in LGW's Skyport paper that is was a result of a fruit in a passengers bag which was to blame. It was a Durian Fruit which is known to have caused similiar incidents worldwide and Aer Lingus are now going to ban the carraige of this fruit on flights. I just hope they manage to enforce it!!!

ABird747
9th Jun 2005, 21:06
Oh God... Durian is RANK!!!

It is such a strong smell. A cleaner that got on the aircraft in BKK had cleaned up durian guts on her last flight. She had it in a bag which ripped and spilt a bit on our (cheap and probably not completely paid for) carpet... the smell was beyond belief!