PDA

View Full Version : Bassa/cc89????

tofster
4th Jun 2005, 17:25
Hi all,
I guess this is really a question for all you BA guys out there. I am a new flyer for BA Eurofleet at LGW. I want to join a union but not sure which one to choose. I know that BASSA are a strong union but I have heard that they are mainly for LHR and LGW WW and that CC89 is the one to join if you are EuroGatwick. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks in advance!

flybywire
4th Jun 2005, 17:42
Hi babe!!! When did you start flying??? Any nice trips....with me??? ;)

I don't know which one is best. Basically none of them are that interested anyway. BUT I can tell you my experience.

Bassa reps keep LHR interests at heart, EF LGW....well, let's just say that when MR Bassa rep (you know who!) came to talk to my course, I argued with him!!! I asked him how come they sent me the contract at home to sign.....when the contract kept saying "See Eurofleet terms of agreement" and I didn't get my "terms of agreement" till the 2nd week of training!!!!! I signed without knowing what I was signing for!!!
Well, he had a silly excuse which didn't explain anything and we ended up arguing......he should defend ME and MY interests, not the company's......if you know what I mean!!!

CC89 reps....well....don't do much either but are directly affected by the changes in the company since they fly as pursers at EF LGW!! (you'll see them sooner or later)
At least, on a daily basis, they understand the problems and try to help with alternatives if nothing else can be done.
For example the new Crew Baggae procedure...... Just an idiot could have come up with that. We were much happier before!! Now we are allowed only to take one bag on board, if it's a wheelie it has to fit in the locker sideways. No problem.....but what about if I need to carry my laptop?I don't want to send it in the hold. The In-flight jacket, shoes, hi-vis and bar paperwork don't fit in the laptop bag. I have another job I need my laptop for when I am away for days. Got b*ll*cked by a sad purser because of carrying it (sad woman) and I don't want to be put in a weird position if it happens again (yes, I keep carrying my laptop no matter what!).
So when this happened I met the rep at the check-in area and she was more than helpful.She's looking into it at least and keeps me updated!!
For all the rest, they are the same. Do little both of them. Just CC89 is cheaper.

No matter what union you join, the important thing is join one!!!
We always complain about them but they have saved many people's backsides in the past.

Enjoy flying and I want to meet you...at least you have to tell me all about your trips in Bmed!!! :E

FBW:)

tofster
4th Jun 2005, 18:09
FBW you are the best!
I have to say that from the presentations we had the CC89 rep was much more inspiring. The BASSA rep basically said "you know what a union is, this is how much it costs" and that was it. I was wondering who the best union is to join re: the one fleet proposal? I start flying tomorrow and am really looking forward to it. I just had a bash at bidding on carmen and think I have probably bid for things that don't exist!!
Really hope we get to fly soon, I'll send you my email via a pvt message on here. Thanks again honey!!

keeperboy
5th Jun 2005, 17:35
BASSA and Cabin crew will become one very soon anyway, as their 'parent unions' (amicus and TGWU) are merging. BASSA will become the 'official' Cabin Crew union within BA and CC89 will disappear. So wont really matter which one you join.:p