PDA

View Full Version : Emirates and Gulf

in limbo
4th Jun 2005, 16:36
I was wondering what kind of benifit package Gulf Air has, is there anything for Ex pats ie travel home once a year etc.
Emirates has this info on their web site but I could not find the info on Gulf Air's site.
Looking for pay housing etc. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks;)

6_DoF
4th Jun 2005, 17:12
In Limbo,

I will probably be corrected but I believe you and your family are entitled to 1 "free ticket", airport taxes you have to pay, on any of GF routes. If GF does not fly to your place of recruiment then the nearest International airport from point of recruitment on another airline. If you fly to your "Home land" then this can be B3 ie Have to fly. If you are in a position where your Leave has to be split you are entiltled to a second leave tickets which is firm but B7, however this only applies to GF routes.

Housing a sticky point at the moment throughout the Gulf.

in limbo
6th Jun 2005, 10:32
Wondering what people think of GF as a career move?
Does it seem to have promise and stability?

inflames
6th Jun 2005, 12:31
Depends on where you are coming from. Long term the company may change drastically because of the increased competition that is gearing up between Emirates Etihad and Quatar. I Think If you can stomach the middle east medium term it will be good especially if they are offering you a type rating. Housing is a sticky subject. The allowance is poor and they have misrepresented the standard of apartments given to Pilots on the interview. Short term things can only get better and there are improvments albeit small and slow to rostering. Pay averages out at 5KUSD per month for f/o's. Hope that helps

in limbo
6th Jun 2005, 14:06
Thank you, it was helpful.
It would be nice if I could find all my answers on the Gulf web site but either I am blind or it is not there.
;)

Trader
6th Jun 2005, 17:56
Gulf Air provides 52 days of paid leave per year with one return ticket home per year for you and your family.

Basic pay is 1395 BD per month with additional allowance for wife, children, accomadation etc

Housing us 350BD per month but the average accomadation will cost you at leas 550BD--more if you want a villa.

in limbo
6th Jun 2005, 18:15
Thanks Trader. check your PM's
cheers