PDA

View Full Version : Any Water Bomber Pilots out there?

SASless
4th Jun 2005, 14:33
Try this one ....up and down arrows for elevator control...left and right arrows for speed. Pick up water at min speed (blue arc).:ok:

http://bassel.free.fr/jeux/canadair.swf

Climebear
4th Jun 2005, 16:04
Space bar to drop water.

L Peacock
4th Jun 2005, 17:51
51567 so far. Good fun.

Climebear
4th Jun 2005, 19:04
69336 at the end of Round 2 then birdstrike! Great distraction therapy! I really must get on with some work now.

Talking Radalt
4th Jun 2005, 21:34
Blinkin' bird strikes keep getting me :*

MightyGem
5th Jun 2005, 09:12
I doesn't help when the down key moves you up and vice versa! :(

Climebear
5th Jun 2005, 09:20
72185 this morning but still get hit by the pesky birds in round 3!

Hueymeister
5th Jun 2005, 13:27
172.....keep crashing with the water/birds/landscape...I'll put the CV for the waterbombing in canada in the bin then!

wait....just got to level 2 with 21566 points...now..were's that CV?

Incipient Sinner
6th Jun 2005, 09:29
It all gets a bit A-level on mission 4 :uhoh:

However :cool: 101038 pts :cool:

Climebear
6th Jun 2005, 13:16
oh Incipient Sinner we are not worthy
:cool:

Incipient Sinner
6th Jun 2005, 20:33
Help - I can't let go... must have hours and hours on type!

Zoom
7th Jun 2005, 18:09
I don't see how any of you can continue as I have crashed the whole fleet 5 times over!

I watched 3 of these jobs doing circuits, bumps and dumps on Lake Winnipeg 2 years ago. Fascinating stuff.

Bob Viking
13th Jun 2005, 12:50
Forget trying to get high scores, you'll get bored of doing the same levels over and over again.
Try seeing how quick you can complete mission one. Just got my time down to 46.86 seconds and I have a witness!!
I'm so proud.
BV

bighedsmallface
14th Jun 2005, 07:54
Record now stands at 45.72.

Hah.

Chippik
14th Jun 2005, 08:48
Record now 42.86

Go Smoke
14th Jun 2005, 14:00
It's now at 42.72
Actually, make that 40.23 now.
Now 39.84

Onan the Clumsy
14th Jun 2005, 14:31
You all suck.

I tried it several times, and the one time it didn't crash into the lake was when I made the trajectory so flat that it crashed into the trees instead :(

:{

Zoom
14th Jun 2005, 15:32
Try this for a change: www.studentfreestuff.com/shoot_crazy_frog.html

56.5 metres so far.

Circuit Basher
14th Jun 2005, 15:41
Just managed 72.5m and I lost the will to live!! ;)

PS Now up to 82 - does a cartwheeling frog count??!! :D :E :mad:

Zoom
14th Jun 2005, 16:14
Blimey - 40 minutes on and I'm being well thrashed!! I'd better get shooting.

Bob Viking
15th Jun 2005, 12:27
Go Smoke.
I'm afraid I must take issue with your claimed time of 39.84 seconds for level one of water bomber.
We here at the aviation research centre have conducted extensive flight testing and have been unable to reproduce such a rapid time.
Even at full speed without collecting water it takes 36 seconds to overfly the fire twice, leaving just 3 seconds to fill up with the requisite amount of water required to extinguish the fire, a feat that we were unable to reproduce in our tests. Unless you claim to be able to vanquish the fire in a single pass which we believe to be beyond the release to service.
In short sir, we are calling you a liar and demand an explanation.
BV

Bob Viking
15th Jun 2005, 14:11
I have a picture to prove it but unfortunately can't get it on this page.
I have just managed to loop the water bomber!!!
If you stall it at high level then recover whilst holding the down cursor the whole time and keep stalling/recovering/stalling/recovering......etc eventually you will complete a whole loop.
My mum must be so proud.
BV

Go Smoke
15th Jun 2005, 15:20
Well Bob, I have no need of any kind of dubious fame on an internet forum – I don’t see getting a fastest time as some kind of measure of who I am so, trust me I haven’t lied.
I can try and recreate it later and maybe get a screen shot if possible but I’m working at the moment and then running around picking bicycles up from three different shops in London so back home late this evening and probably by then will be more inclined to putting my feet up with a glass of malt than playing a game.

I can however tell you how I managed it.

Start with your finger on the accelerate button and initiate a descent.
Steady the descent as you pass over the water and start to decelerate aim to touch the surface just as the speed falls 1 notch inside the blue section of the arc.

Here’s the big tip – you don’t need to fill the tank completely just a section below half will do.

Climb away as you hit the throttle again.
Flat chat until the pink house appears from the right whereupon dive down whilst knocking the top end off the speed. Dump your load and hit accelerate again.

Keep the pedal to the metal and don’t stop for anymore water.

Repeat above as you see the pink house appear on the right again.

Don’t know how I can help you with it anymore than that.

If it helps I’m still a big kid and have been playing computer games since owning a BBC micro back in god knows when. These days Xbox, PC and PS2
Now, I’m almost embarrassed to admit it at my age but I enjoy it still however, it drives the missus mad and I have to moderate my playing.
But hey, if you keep your hand in I guess you don’t lose it – keep practicing is all I can say.

Al-Berr
15th Jun 2005, 15:21
Bob,

What does the RTS have to say about flying the water bomber backwards while inverted?:}