PDA

View Full Version : Are there jobs for FAA pilots in Europe?

mystere
4th Jun 2005, 01:41
I have just completed my flight training in the USA and now have to return to my native UK with my FAA licenses. Iam a commercial multi IFR pilot with 1500 hours of which 250 of that is on turbin King Air 200's

Now here is my question, are there any jobs for FAA pilots with m y qualifications in europe. I have heard horrible things when it comes to converting FAA to JAA licenses.

If you know of any companies which operate using FAA pilots in Europe i would be much obliged.

FLYbyWIT
4th Jun 2005, 19:42
Air Atlanta and one or two other cargo carriers me thinks prefer FAA/ICAO licenses, Quite a few N-reg Biz jets also.HOw to go about finding them I dont know but start searching here on pprune.

catchup
4th Jun 2005, 20:51
Try this

www.ppjn.com/front.php (http://www.ppjn.com/front.php)

bafanguy
5th Jun 2005, 12:39
mystere,

If the UK is your home country, wouldn't you be better off long term biting the bullet now while you're young/motivated/industrious and getting your JAA/UK license ? Then you'd have all bases covered. There appear to be comparatively few places outside the US where that license will do you much good.

If I were young/motivated/industrious, I'd sure get my JAA license.

747fanatic
5th Jun 2005, 19:44
Well if you can manage to get a 747 Classic rating. Then Air Atlanta is almost a done deal.

aeroservice in Miami has an arrangement with AAI. You should give them a call.

Intruder
5th Jun 2005, 21:16
Atlas Air has a base in STN, and they are hiring.

Seymour Skinner
6th Jun 2005, 11:53
It's true that Air Atlanta Icelandic will hire FAA licenced pilots for use on their worldwide contracts however Air Atlanta Europe will not. You require a JAA licence for them. AAI does have some contracts based in Europe but they are mainly freighter jobs. If you want to be based in the UK as you say then you will have to get a JAA licence as the UK passenger operations are run by AAE.

Regardless of who you want to work for, if you want to live and work in the UK you really do need to bite the bullet and get that JAA licence.

Jelly Doughnut
6th Jun 2005, 12:17
Mystere
To convert your ATPL you need a multi-pilot type on your license. B200 doesn't count, but 747-200 does! Get yourself into Air Atlanta and with 500 hours on type you can apply for a JAA validation. Then do the exams and you can convert to a full license.
cheers

abra
6th Jun 2005, 16:41
Mystere,
When you come back this side of the pond ,just remember...you hold a licenCe(noun) which you do by getting licenSed(verb).But you won't have to worry about such things if you get a job with Atlanta Icelandic,because they don't know Chit from a Shovel anyway!

Just Boxes
8th Jun 2005, 05:31
To correct mystere and inform abra: The FAA issues Pilot Certificates not Licences...

JB