PDA

View Full Version : Does BEagle annoy you or is it just me!

bighead
3rd Jun 2005, 20:30
Everytime I look at a thread, BEagle just says some boring PC Labour leftie stuff, or he makes me pull up a sand bag and bores me with stories of the somme!

What did you say BEagle, just a minute, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

CBA_caption
3rd Jun 2005, 20:35
Respect your elders, boy.

CBA

engineer(retard)
3rd Jun 2005, 20:38
"BEagle just says some boring PC Labour leftie stuff,"

You must be to the right of Adolf to think Beagle is a leftie.

Regards

retard

bighead
3rd Jun 2005, 20:38
I can learn what the elders say in books, if they had something new to say I would listen. But the endless rantings about the 1960's (good old days) simply doesn't exist anymore.

Echo 5
3rd Jun 2005, 20:42
Mmmmmmm,

" As a resently qualifyed mover i was happy to find that at last our valuable contributon to flying has been recognsed. As a greduate of a recent course we were delighted to find lower rate of flying pay on our pay statements. Who swaid that we don't qualify as aircrew?? Only a brevet away!!!! "

So in the next life bighead has risen to the dizzy heights of WSO.

Six posts now bighead .......I'm sure you'll win this years prize for academic excellence.

snafu
3rd Jun 2005, 20:48
Nope, it's just you. From what I've seen, he just brings some common sense and the occasional smile.

I can't belive I'm complimenting an (ex)Crab - must go for a lie down! :E

bighead
3rd Jun 2005, 20:49
You are good echo 5.

BEagle
3rd Jun 2005, 20:53
And your point, dear Grimsby fishwife with the big head, is....?

Just off to hug a tree and to polish my photos of Our Leader, President Tony.

bighead
3rd Jun 2005, 20:55
sshhhhhhhhhhh, just off to sleep again, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Echo 5
3rd Jun 2005, 20:56
Thank you bighead.........it's always nice to be appreciated.

NB. My last two posts without benefit of spellcheck.

BEagle
3rd Jun 2005, 20:57
And in answer to your question, yes, it is just you who annoys me!

Night night!

SASless
3rd Jun 2005, 20:57
BEagle is a giggle....and contributes to the forum....especially when he agrees with me. If we agreed all the time it would be extremely boring here....although me thinks the BEagle in fact does some pprune fishing every now and then.

:ok:

cazatou
3rd Jun 2005, 21:02
I have to say that, when I was based at Manby and Strubby in the 60's and early 70's, NOBODY would have admitted to having come from "GRIMSBY"!!!!!!

Drygeezer
3rd Jun 2005, 21:08
You ain't seen me right, the ISK lot are chasing my bus, keep running doggy!

BEagle
3rd Jun 2005, 21:10
Actually, in its defence, I once went to the 'National Fishing Heritage Centre' in Alexandra Dock, Grimsby - a living museum of the UK's fishing industry in the '50s. Includes a fully restored trawler, the 'Ross Tiger' and is well worth a visit!

Can't think of any other reason to go there though.

Drygeezer
3rd Jun 2005, 21:12
Oh BEa zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

BEagle
3rd Jun 2005, 21:30
Another valuable contribution from that shining wit 'drygeezer'.

Or is that, in fact, a spoonerism?

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Jun 2005, 21:30
a fully restored trawler Including the smell?

:}

:uhoh: :yuk:

BEagle
3rd Jun 2005, 21:32
Yes, including the smell! Honest!

The Gorilla
3rd Jun 2005, 21:36
And pray tell just exactly what is wrong with Grimsby fish wives??

In my experience they are an endangered but grateful species!!

;)

ZH875
3rd Jun 2005, 21:39
BEagle for President.

Bighead is Grimsby Born and Grimsby Bred
Strong in the arm
And Thick in the head.

IIRC Grimsby had a fishing fleet many years ago.

Drygeezer
3rd Jun 2005, 21:45
Thats good BEagle you have a strong shaft of wit, or is that a spoonerisum.

All spellings sgts mess induced

treadigraph
3rd Jun 2005, 21:49
No. it's definitely you. He speaks perfect common sense to me... and hardly smells at all in spite of having been missing on Mars these past 18 months...

bighead
3rd Jun 2005, 22:15
Grimsby is the centre of the universe, some people there live real lives. I even own a semi now, (an end terrace) and it dosen't even smell to much.

We piss on your fish

PPRuNe Radar
3rd Jun 2005, 22:26
As a personal attack kind of thread ... we did think of banning this. But probably better for peers to sort it out :E

Let battle of the wits (or in some cases twits) commence.

WE Branch Fanatic
3rd Jun 2005, 22:27
We piss on your fish

Carefull, or it'll bite your cock off. If you've got one..

Safety_Helmut
3rd Jun 2005, 22:33
Please don't ban this one ?

It's been good watching bighead and drygeezer making total c@cks of themselves.

Carry on boys.

Safety_Helmut

ZH875
3rd Jun 2005, 22:40
We piss on your fish

We give crabs to your women

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Jun 2005, 23:04
Grimsby.......women, now your avin a larf:E They are all salad dodgers that look like they have been bobbin for chips:p

Remember there are only two things that stink of fish!!

bighead is a self confessed kn@b whilst that other twerp drygeezer has but a few days life expectancy, once matt catches up with him, after his much valued post on the "flying pay" thread.

Beags old, you may have a point but lefty?........you must have him confused with that other frequent poster Attila the Pr00ne :E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Samuel
4th Jun 2005, 00:54
"But the endless rantings about the 1960's (good old days) simply doesn't exist anymore."

Factually incorrect; unless someone has removed them for PC reasons, the 1960s most certainly still exist. In any event, that should read "1960s" and not 1960's [1960 is], and "don't" exist, not "doesn't".

BEagle
4th Jun 2005, 06:19
One wonders whether certain folk will have post-Friday night headaches this fine morning......

Arkroyal
4th Jun 2005, 07:42
Ahh, how refreshing to find this on a Saturday morning.

You know all those other chat forums, mostly armed forces ones, which revel in bad language, and slagging off? A kind of 'reality TV' on the web.

This thread reminded me of them, and why I stick to pprune, where all intelligent opinion, whether to my tatse or not, can be discussed in a gentlemanly manner.

Bighead..... piss off.

Axel-Flo
4th Jun 2005, 08:21
Bighead, IMHO, which funnily enough mirrors what most others are replying to your question, yes it is in fact just you!
Cheers Easy.....

Hurrah for the Beagle :E

Pontius Navigator
4th Jun 2005, 08:44
BEagle, my late father-in-law's photograph is still in the Fish Museum. He is the policeman on point duty in Riby Square and my mother-in-law is there too just about to take him a flask of tea.

When we were last at the museum we also went on the Lincoln Castle. There was a wedding party there too. Grimsby fishwives all. Now there was style, made Footballers' Wives look like an offshoot of East Enders.

FEBA
4th Jun 2005, 08:46
Readers are invited to assess the scatological quotient of this thread.

Echo 5
4th Jun 2005, 09:02
The thread originator is certainly full of excrement.

MrBernoulli
4th Jun 2005, 09:19
This thread is actually great fun! Thanks to the moderators for not pulling it. It is a long time since I REALLY enjoyed a fun thread on this website.

Methinks bighead and Drygeezer are a couple of simple chaps with limited vocab. But they have provided me with some entertainment. Carry on chaps.

Beags, isn't it fab to be famous?

An Teallach
4th Jun 2005, 10:19
Did you hear that bighead was given a honorary Indian Chiefship on a recent visit to Canada?

He was most impressed to be given the honorific title "Walking Eagle."

bighead
4th Jun 2005, 11:26
YAWN, did any thing happen last night? BEagle, can I borrow a couple of asprin? Hic!!!!

Thank you MrBernoulli,

"Methinks bighead and Drygeezer are a couple of simple chaps with limited vocab. But they have provided me with some entertainment. Carry on chaps."

Accurate on all accounts.

delta96
4th Jun 2005, 13:39
Just get one that hasn't borne a little Eric with a BIG head, for two good reasons.

supermunk
4th Jun 2005, 20:40
I've been to Grimsby a few times and I've noticed two things.

1) The same guy who put the "Grim" in Grimsby has also been to Scunthorpe.

2) It's not the end of the world but you can see it from there

If it wasn't for the money I can see no other reason to go there.

truckiebloke
5th Jun 2005, 01:49
did beagle have to leave the vc10 world early due to his continual comments on this forum??? just a question!!!

flipflopman RB199
5th Jun 2005, 02:15
Now, I have to admit, I do like BEagle.

He has got a sense of humour, and a tolerance for jumped up little s**ts who think it is a jolly jape to try and extract the urine,

But he also does have a tendency to repeat himself every now and then.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think he may have met Lord Mountbatten some time in the past??

Perhaps you could put me straight Beags?;) :p

SASless
5th Jun 2005, 02:17
BEagle is old enough to have been Wellington's batman!

D-IFF_ident
5th Jun 2005, 02:29
No, it's not just you.

There are a few other people who also annoy me.

BEagle, however, is not one of them.

Need for Speed!
5th Jun 2005, 05:43
As a mere young pup I happen to find the tales from Beagle and other ‘wise’ members of the forum quite interesting. :8

Bighead, maybe you should also take an interest in the history of your service…

Argus
5th Jun 2005, 06:44
Bighead seems like a troll (http://www.members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm) to me.

Stop pulling pud, lad, and get a real job before you go blind!

ImageGear
5th Jun 2005, 07:01
Nibble, nibble, bite, BITE, PPPUUUUUUUULLL - oh **** whats that in the top lip -

Beagle has acquired and retained his prominence on these threads through a combination of elevatory knowledge, sage advice and animal cunning (backing off cautiously when suddenly unseated).

The "Bigheads" who are among us can only dream of aspiring to this noble club, they are condemned forever to roam the world's boards injecting small packages of Grimsby chum.

Up, Up, Out, OUT - Shake - Yeehaa, threw the sucker out, off to swim with bigger fish.

Imagegear - Bring it on.

Colonel W E Kurtz
5th Jun 2005, 07:25
Death to the Bighead, and the satantic pr00ne! Hooray for the Beagle!

tablet_eraser
5th Jun 2005, 07:54
Ah, BEagle... one of the reasons I enjoy PPRuNE is seeing BEags bait those who, as seems to be the case with the aptly-named bighead, have all the wit and intelligence of a boiled potato. Keep up the good work, BEags!

No point getting into a battle of wits with bighead. He's unarmed.

:ok:

Hueymeister
5th Jun 2005, 08:05
No, he doesn't...

It's like having Grandad around for tea...Sage snippets of wisdom, letting you know what it was like way back when he was a nipper, what he did in the war, stories of derring-do, how many fillies he 'bounced', how petrol was only 2 and six a gallon and how everything was better without mobile phones and laptops...and then the gentle smell of stale wee on the chair when he goes home!!!!

Seriously though, the site would be boring and definitley less well balanced and informed without him...Bighead...bog off you bogey nosed pillock.

Did I swallow enough of the hook and line ?

John Eacott
5th Jun 2005, 08:33
BEagle is old enough to have been Wellington's batman

I heard that when Beag's joined the raf, it was painted blue, not wearing it :p

And there was no need for a Channel Fleet, England was still joined to the Continent.

Hang on, he's younger than me..........;)

EESDL
5th Jun 2005, 11:13
Guess it's just you, then!

Beags may be old in the tooth and bald on top but he's handy to have around (and the other mature chaps) to remind everyone that nothing in the MOD is original in thought and has always failed before!!!

Beags, hope Civvy Street is treating you well.

Onan the Clumsy
5th Jun 2005, 14:44
elevatory knowledge he is also renowned through several shires for the depths of aileronatory knowledge and his ruddery knowledge is second to none :ok:

In fact, he is only surpassed in his flapatory knowledge, and then only by some of the more caddish elements of his former service.

wildwolf
5th Jun 2005, 18:47
Bighead, I have only been PPRuNing for a couple of months now, and have seen nothing except quality (often witty) comments from BEagle.
I'm still a sprog in the big aviation picture and find everything BEagle posts or replies to has a certain wise experienced edge to it. We learn our trade from more experienced people than ourselves.

BEagle - Keep the replies coming!!!

ww:ok:

SmilingKnifed
5th Jun 2005, 18:54
The message to our Walter Mittyesque wizzo/mover fantasist and his sidekick seems clear.....

Nob off!

L J R
5th Jun 2005, 19:01
Thanks for the last 5 odd pages of drivel. Entertaining though! - in a strange kind of way, you know - just like the need one gets to slow and look at a motor vehicle accident.

BEagle
5th Jun 2005, 19:02
Well, many thanks for all the wit, banter and kind words, folks. I've been away from the keyboard for a day (more of which anon), which will doubtless have pleased some...

I suspect that the original poster might have been from a little Friday night over indulgence and surfeit of mushy peas, a well-known Grimsby delicacy. In fact, probably the only Grimsby delicacy. Just hope the hangover was worth the hassle.

I was away from the keyboard due to a trip to the Smoke last evening to attend the premiere University Air Squadron's 70th anniversary bash. What a top night! Lots of excellent people including some well-known PPRuNErs as well! Supposed to end at 2030, I hear it was still going well at 0130..... But what the hell was in that purple drink..........??

Hueymeister
5th Jun 2005, 19:11
How did the London Underground Staff cope with your bath chair Beags? Nice to see that you get moved from the Sun room to the internet room at that retirement home of yours!!

BEagle
5th Jun 2005, 19:21
Underground? UNDERGROUND? That's for tourists..

One drove one's sports machine (OK, hairdresser's SLK then) to Park Lane, then hoofed it to m' club. Although the RAF Club now has W-LAN Internet access, I couldn't actually be ar$ed to bother PPRuNing at the time as the lure of top chaps and chapesses, plus tasty tucker and lots to drink proved greater!

ACW599
5th Jun 2005, 19:34
>I was away from the keyboard due to a trip to the Smoke last evening to attend the premiere University Air Squadron's 70th anniversary bash.<

That's odd. I didn't know UWAS had a reunion in London that day . . .

(ducks and runs for cover)

hobie
5th Jun 2005, 21:04
Just ask Mr. "B" a question or look for advice and if he can assist he will do so ...... he goes out of his way to be helpfull :ok:

ShyTorque
5th Jun 2005, 22:09
"One drove one's sports machine (OK, hairdresser's SLK then)"

Oh, Beags, that's done it! All that good work undone in an instant... How on earth do you expect to be respected now?

....It's not the Barbie pink one we saw last week is it?....... :uhoh:

;)

BEagle
6th Jun 2005, 05:44
The so-called classic British sports car regularly breaks down in a cloud of steam and oily smoke, or deposits pieces of red hot ironmongery along its erratic way. It probably has a bonnet held down with large leather straps because the normal bonnet release doesn't actually work - and frequent access to its ailing intestines is probably quite essential.

Worse, it could be made by British Leyland, powered by a 1949 Morris Minor engine - and the doors probably fall off.

Or some plastic kit car knocked together by scousers which is blindingly quick between breakdowns - but still smells like a Reliant Robin inside.

So yes, I'm afraid that I was driven to something which is quick enough, reliable, quite comfortable and reasonably practical. Also holds its value fairly well. I couldn't find a SLK32 AMG, so settled for a 2003 model 320 instead. Yes, it did smell of perfume when I first had it - hopefully the previous owner was female.

But one doesn't drive too slowly or without all 4 cheeks firmly clenched in "Moy brother be moy woyfe" parts of rural Norfolk.....

Red Line Entry
6th Jun 2005, 06:49
Ah, Beagle...

Couldn't you at least have held out for the new model? At least the latest one looks like a REAL sports car!

ShyTorque
6th Jun 2005, 08:36
Sorry Beagle,

I think a sore spot might have been touched here; I think at least some of your outburst against the great British sports car is totally unjustified. At least, the ones I've owned haven't been capable of producing anything red hot!

So you're not denying it's the Barbie Pink one? Don't worry about it, I'm sure we could all keep it a secret. :E

teeteringhead
6th Jun 2005, 09:18
With nearly 7800 posts to his name (currently the most prolific Ppruner), it's highly likely that a lot of what BEags says is worth reading. That so much of it is (and I don't always agree with him) is a clear tribute to his depth and breadth of aviation knowledge and experience.

Always assuming that he cares for the views of a degree-less, grammar school educated, gutter entry rotary oik comme moi! ;)

Echo 5
6th Jun 2005, 11:40
So, 99.9% of us reckon that BEags is a top dude ( was there ever any doubt) and bighead is just a tw@t ( there was never any doubt).

Conan the Librarian
6th Jun 2005, 15:10
Ok Beagle - we have all done our bit - can we have the cheque now please? :-)

That Scouseville kit car referred to wasn't a Jensen perchance?

keep on Ppruning,

Conan

brakedwell
6th Jun 2005, 16:24
cazatou
Strubby, summer of 1959!!! The wags in the mess ran a very non PC grimmy competition on Saturday nights. Whoever was first to get to a certain one eyed fish gutter from Grimsby always won. She never understood why she was so popular, until she was banned from the competition for being too ugly!

hobie
6th Jun 2005, 18:06
Do you remember me saying I went down St. Eval's main runway at well over 100mph in a TR3A ...... I had to fit an Oil Cooler .... Electric Fan and Screen Washer ..... oh and a Gear Box with Over-drive on 2/3 and 4 to make the thing bearable but I loved that car .....

this is not mine but its the same model ....

http://www.edge-inc.net/cars/index.cfm/page/image/id/454.htm

memories ......

cazatou
6th Jun 2005, 18:58
brakedwell,

I was a little later than that, 1967 when I first went there. No Messes as such - just an outpost of RAFCAW Manby where the Dominies & Varsities were based. Great place though.

Just inland from the wonderfully titled "RAF Theddlethorpe Bombing Range and Nature Reserve"!!!!

ACW418
6th Jun 2005, 19:07
Beags has further blown it by admitting he knows what the inside of a Reliant Robin smells like!

I shall never read your posts with the same reverence again.

ACW

brakedwell
6th Jun 2005, 20:50
cazatou
I was on a piston refresher at Manby (provosts). With a couple of mates on the Canberra refresher course at Strubby, Saturday nights in the old nissen hutted mess was far more fun than the studiously correct atmosphere of Manby. I'm sure BEagle would understand!

ShyTorque
6th Jun 2005, 21:03
"With a couple of mates on the Canberra refresher course at Strubby, Saturday nights in the old nissen hutted mess was far more fun than the studiously correct atmosphere of Manby. I'm sure BEagle would understand!"

:confused:

You don't mean - no, surely not! You don't drive a pink hairdresser's car as well? Now I AM getting worried...... what have I uncovered? :E

:p

PPRuNe Radar
6th Jun 2005, 21:23
Could this grow in to a Pink Headsets kind of a thread with BEagle as the main character ?? ;)

ShyTorque
6th Jun 2005, 22:52
His lack of response makes me think he must be checking with his agent... ;)

Or maybe he's just gone down the pub.

wg13_dummy
6th Jun 2005, 23:00
Pub or 'wine bar'? ;)

Maple 01
7th Jun 2005, 05:53
I don't think BEags is the sort of chap to frequent 'Wine bars'
I see him more as an 'old peculiar' man who does a good line in ‘rough shag’

Sort of Dick Barton meets Biggles - am I close?

ORAC
7th Jun 2005, 05:56
Or is that whine bar...... ;)

Gainesy
7th Jun 2005, 07:10
BEagle's first AAR trail...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Gainesy/bipaar.jpg

johnfairr
7th Jun 2005, 07:22
What is that Gainesy, a DH9 or a two seat SE5? The tail doesn't look SE5ish, but the engine does. One of Alan Cobhams firsts??

jf

Kolibear
7th Jun 2005, 07:45
What IS the observer doing??? :confused:

ORAC
7th Jun 2005, 08:01
Having a kip, hard night down route the night before......

Gainesy
7th Jun 2005, 08:02
John, says on the back its a US Army DH-4, inflight refuelling trials 1923.

Looks like the GIB has nodded off.

brakedwell
7th Jun 2005, 09:29
Looks like he's praying that UFO hovering above the fin does'nt dive down knobble him.
BTW my hairdresser type car is black . . . and fifty one years old. Now where is the nearest wine bar?

mesonplus
7th Jun 2005, 09:38
Could this grow in to a Pink Headsets kind of a thread with BEagle as the main character ??

Has anybody else noticed the different, softer side of BEagle on that thread before it was closed? Full of "Dearest Princess" and "Dearest Pinkster". Mmmmm!

ShyTorque
7th Jun 2005, 09:40
I don't think it's a UFO. It's a beer can thrown out by Beagle the pilot; looks like it just ricocheted off his observer's head in the slipstream.

Can't blame Beagle for that though, I'd need a beer or two to be trying that sort of stunt.

brakedwell
7th Jun 2005, 13:14
ShyTorque
I don't think they did canned beer in those days. It could be bully beef, or BEagles's false teeth!

teeteringhead
7th Jun 2005, 13:24
I don't think they did canned beer in those days could have been an early experimental beer can (http://www.greenmon.com/first_beer_cans.htm) , if not a production model....

jindabyne
7th Jun 2005, 13:25
----- or his toupee?

BEagle
7th Jun 2005, 17:06
Greetings you libellous so-and-sos!

First, it's a Brilliant Silver SLK320, not barbie pink! But driving with the top down (that's the car's!) in certain parts of the world (not that would frequent such places) might prove risky.....

Ah - the Pink Headsets saga. The dear lady and I are good friends nowadays and it's a pity that the thread closed. She was extremely ill a few weeks ago and lost her Class 2 medical, but is now in top form again! Or so she says!

Haven't been on the net for a while as I've been over in Das Reich for a couple of days actually doing some paid work for a change - but am now waiting 4 hours in FRA for my flight back to the UK late tonight. In Seat 1A, of course! Then a blast down the road to British West Oxfordshire - and no effing toupee to worry about either!

What's a wine bar? I've heard of Yates's Wine Lodge which is where predatory females oop 't Nawrth go 'cloobin' - is that what you mean?

Bierkellers are rather better, ich denke!

Onan the Clumsy
7th Jun 2005, 17:09
Seeing as you mentioned it...

Here's a gratuitous posting of rather well composed picture. If you look closely, you'll see there's already one unmarried mother looking for the father of her baby...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/onan_the_clumsy/P1010019.jpg

I notice they hadn't painted enough yellow lines on the roads...and kerbs, that they had to do the posts as well :ugh:

West Coast
7th Jun 2005, 20:58
Beagle does have his lucid moments, usually just before they give him his next round of meds.
I think he got his ass flamed by some 22 year old female loootentant from the USAF, that's whay he is so anti American.

There Beag's I took the heat off you, all of you can now slag the Yanks and be one happy Brit family again.

Maple 01
7th Jun 2005, 22:01
I would have paid good money to see that West Coast, are their any photos?:E

jindabyne
7th Jun 2005, 22:54
Seat 1A, eh - when you're my age, all those freebies and air miles will eventually dry up BEagle. But one keeps travelling ----- not in that pinky car though. Air Miles courtesy of BWOS almost done, what can I now resort to? Please help.

Judge Rembrandt
7th Jun 2005, 23:13
Well well,
Boghead - I think the votes are well and truly in and I guess an acknowledgement that you and that other plonker ‘Dryloser’ are in a minority group might now be in order. Now I could be rude and say that Beagle is somewhat of a BOF at times - but what good would that do. I don’t always agree with Beagle’s views but what I will always respect is his valued contribution that he has made to many that frequent this forum, particularly when it comes to factual and extremely useful professional aviation advice and anecdotes.
You on the other hand, have provided a cheap source of amusement but have nothing to offer when it comes to anything of substance. I respect your right to post here, but for goodness sake come up with something worthwhile or go back to your airfix kit or collecting tail numbers or whatever it was that got you interested in flying in the first place.
So in answer to your question – no, he doesn’t…… but you might!!
Kind regards,
JR
:D

BEagle
8th Jun 2005, 00:10
".....you can now slag the Yanks....."

Don't know about slagging Yanks - but I do admit to sh*gging the odd one or two!

16 blades
8th Jun 2005, 00:48
That must've been a long time ago then BEags!

16B

SASless
8th Jun 2005, 01:10
Hey BEagle old man....we may be cousins closer than we know. I had three uncles in England during WWII....you don't reckon?

West Coast
8th Jun 2005, 18:12
"but I do admit to sh*gging the odd one or two!"

What was his name?

Don't and I repeat don't say west coast or any other iteration of it!!

"I would have paid good money to see that West Coast, are their any photos?"

Got 'em here somewhere, seems she was on top as I remember. I wonder if Beag's got that taste of pillow out of his mouth yet?

BEagle
8th Jun 2005, 19:59
No, I have no experience of your quaint naval and /or mreenkor traditions - I prefer the opposite sex, thanks.

Tonkenna
9th Jun 2005, 02:50
bighead

Sorry, late to this thread... and the answer is No BEagle does not annoy me. People like you do though:hmm:

Tonks:zzz:

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 05:39
Even when I mention ATC liaison, Tonks?

:E

Argus
9th Jun 2005, 10:18
Onan

Mate, a long time ago in a far away country, the nostalgia of a Yates Wine Lodge in North John Street, Scouseland, called, if memory serves me correctly, the 'Why Not' - sawdust, stale beer, a smog like haze of tobacco smoke and a Liverpool Judy in all her harpie like painted glory hanging off your left ear demanding to know if you'll still love her in the morning!

In the words of the old FAA song:

"Oh how my f*reskin stings;
These foolish things
Remind me of you".

Tonkenna
9th Jun 2005, 10:58
Not even then BEagle... my, that was a few years ago wasn't it. Things have changed a bit since then!!!:) Was fun though;)

Tonks:)

brakedwell
9th Jun 2005, 12:18
Onan
Could you tell the young lady in question the father of her child now lives beneath the southern cross and is still suffering from a sore f*reskin!

Freddie-M
9th Jun 2005, 12:24
There were times that Beagle annoyed me - mostly due to his amazing understanding and knowledge of all things aeronautic !! Beagle, did you mean brilliant silver in the 'it's silver and brilliant' way or was it a teutonic description of the colour? By the way the plastic pocket rocket has gone now!
Now then, air traffic controllers....dentists.....OC GD........

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 15:54
Freddie-M - you didn't DCO with that OC GD, did you? Definitely worth a squirt, as they say...

But your most famous 'stat' was touchdown to sh*g in less than 20 minutes, wasn't it? Including the Akrotiri Ops and Movs faff?

Happy days!

Oh and Mercedes call it 'Brilliant Silver' as opposed to 'Cubanite Silver'!

If you've sold the TVR Chlamidya, what do you drive now?

Found any good hotel car parks to kip in recently?

SASless
9th Jun 2005, 15:57
BEagle....

There is more to this than what you are telling us.....any reason why?

Art Field
9th Jun 2005, 19:03
This in danger of becoming a Lion nostalgia slot. I think Blubber**** came close to Freddie at "Oh no we're not night stopping at Atlanta, just a QTR"

BEagle
9th Jun 2005, 19:38
Wasn't he then subject to a 50 mile total exclusion zone around Atlanta, Arters?

We did have fun back then.........

TOPBUNKER
11th Jun 2005, 12:00
On a sliding scale from, let's say...

Chuck Yeager to Victor Meldrew where is BEAGLE of the last few months?

Mate, I really do think you're losing it!

BEagle
11th Jun 2005, 19:34
You can poke off, topw*nker! I've just done a busy day's flight instruction without a break. For which I paid myself less than £12...

The Mil forum is a shadow of its former self. Too many jumped up little nobodies with nothing to contribute - most of the quality originals have now moved on.

A bit like the RAF, I guess....

WE Branch Fanatic
11th Jun 2005, 19:57
"bighead" and certain other posters remind me of certain characters in the following cartoons:

This one (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/captain.htm) and this one. (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/get%20well.htm)

Aynayda Pizaqvick
11th Jun 2005, 20:16
Well thanks for that contribution Webf... now there is someone that annoys me!!!

cazatou
11th Jun 2005, 20:49
TOPBUNKER,

I see from your profile that your hobby is "Beagle Baiting". I would suggest that it would be much more appropriate if you took notice of the not inconsiderable pearls of wisdom that are contained in Beagle's posts; gleaned during a career where one did not have satellite navigation,there was no SARSAT and communications were dependant on the time of day and the height of the ionisphere. We didn't even have pocket calculators.

Moreover, we lived in a world where there wasn't a Liasion Officer at every destination. How would you fancy seeing the inside of an Iranian pokey because one of your crew had a Bahraini entry stamp in his Passport in the days when the Shah claimed Bahrain as an Iranian posession. I,and my crew, did.

I was privileged, in my final flying tour, to meet the oldest surviving original pilot from my Squadron. This Gentleman had shot down the Squadrons first Fokker whilst flying a DH2 before the Battle of the Somme commenced on 1st July 1916.

I was also priviliged during that tour to meet, at a Guest Night, 2 very distinguished RAF Pilots from WW2. The first was Flt Lt Jock Ward VC. The second was a Retired Group Captain who had been a Sgt Pilot in 1939 and awarded the DFM in 1940. He was Commissioned and continued as a Bomber Pilot throughout the War; being further decorated with the DSO & Bar and the DFC & Bar. During the 1950's he was awarded the AFC for conducting the trials during OPERATION GRAPPLE.

Finally, in 1968 I met a gentleman in the Bar of Britannia House, the RAF transit hotel in Bahrein, one evening. He was a New Zealander who was on his way to a form of reunion in London and his name was Charles Upham.

I knew the name but I could not place it. We had a drink together and then he excused himself as he was expected a a "DO" elsewhere. It wasn't until the next day that I placed the name - Captain Charles Upham - VC & Bar. He was shorter tham me and I am only 5ft 8in.

The message is:-

DON'T KNOCK THOSE OLDER THAN YOU - THEY MAY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO BACK IT UP. !!!!

Tonkenna
11th Jun 2005, 21:05
The Mil forum is a shadow of its former self. Too many jumped up little nobodies with nothing to contribute - most of the quality originals have now moved on.

Could not agree more BEagle... have been part of PPRune from its early days (member 2000 and something) and use it less and less. Gone are the days when you, Dan Winterland and I are being warned by the boss to stay away from this place:} There are some no66ers around now.

Cazatou, such a shame isn't it that the youngters just don't want to listen and learn:confused:

Tonks

hobie
11th Jun 2005, 22:16
I was also priviliged during that tour to meet, at a Guest Night, 2 very distinguished RAF Pilots from WW2

Talking about WW2 pilots, my father flew Spits during the war ..... many years later and just a couple of years before retirement from the RAF, he was posted to Aden for 12 months ..... it was "Mad Mitch" days so I guess around 1965(ish) ...... he detested the place as most did ....... I often thought is was some $$$ of a $$$$$ posting to be given, a couple of years before his retirement :(

jindabyne
12th Jun 2005, 00:11
hobie

Did Aden from 64-66 on the mighty Hunter. Sorry your old man didn't enjoy the place. But as a 20 year-old sprog, flying your a++se off, partying each night, screwing the VC10 BOAC hosties, and living it up at theTarshyne beach(sp) club, life didn't get much better. Even through the rose tinted, they were heady days - and that was then followed by a further two years hard labour in Bahrein; with the likes of Wholigan, Day and others. Retired 27 years later, but nothing beat those days.

Off the bar stool - back to the zimmer.

Tourist
12th Jun 2005, 08:20
I have been resisting the temptation to get involved in this thread, much though I think Beagle is a sanctimonious old git, because I am deeply greatful for the work he has put in on many of our behalf.
However, this "its not the same anymore", "youth of today" type crap is frankly b@llocks and a step too far.
The day youngsters want to listen and learn from their elders has never existed Tonkenna, especially from old duffers like you who can barely remember their last front line tour.
The youngsters you deride are the ones actually doing it, not the ones remembering (over and over and over) the same old Vulcan/Bulldog/Lightning stories. Get over it. Move on or stop whining. Its frankly embarassing to watch elderly gents losing their self respect trying to hang on to the past.
Why not start another forum called "Old duffers dimly remembered memories that were militarily relevant 20-30 years ago"

BEagle
12th Jun 2005, 08:30
I understand that Tonkenna is indeed currently flying a front line jet!

Tourist
12th Jun 2005, 08:38
In which case I apologise for my misunderstanding, I thought he was UAS.
However, my sentiments still stand
(and my god what must he be like in the crewroom!)

212man
12th Jun 2005, 10:14
There are quotes deriding the "yoof of today" from well before Roman times. Nothing is new, just our personal perception.

BEagle
12th Jun 2005, 10:46
And no, I didn't write those!

OK m8?

cazatou
12th Jun 2005, 13:44
One of the reasons we have those memories from the Sixties is that we did listen to our more senior (in age) brethren who were veterans of WW2, Palestine, Korea, Malaysia, Borneo, Suez etc.

My first Sqn was in the Gulf - and one of the reasons British Forces were there was to deter Iraq from invading Kuwait!!

PS Tonks. I knew I shouldn't have opened that last bottle of Vin Rouge.

Art Field
12th Jun 2005, 14:02
My goodness Tourist, how sad for the rest of the Air Force you can only be on one squadron at a time otherwise we could shut down all training units and just rely on your knowledge to keep the flag flying.

Tourist
12th Jun 2005, 15:38
More true than you realise Fart Eel.
Even a single WAFU would make an enormous positive difference to the Crabs average level of professionalism.
:ok: :E

hobie
12th Jun 2005, 19:13
Did Aden from 64-66 on the mighty Hunter. Sorry your old man didn't enjoy the place. But as a 20 year-old sprog, flying your a++se off, partying each night, screwing the VC10 BOAC hosties, and living it up at theTarshyne beach

jinda ..... he never told us about that bit :eek:

cazatou
12th Jun 2005, 19:48
Tourist,

You are not a CHOPPED would be RN Pilot by any chance? Or are you Ned in disguise?

They are the only two reasons I can think of for your stance.

Tourist
12th Jun 2005, 21:15
No...er.....and no.

My stance is caused by my disapointment in old bugg@rs thinking that anyone younger hasn't got the right to an opinion, or the right to discuss what they want on this forum rather than discuss the relative merits of the TSR2 or Hunter in the ASW role..........or something............

brakedwell
12th Jun 2005, 21:54
At least old buggers are better spellers! We should be GRATEful for that

cazatou
13th Jun 2005, 18:47
brakedwell,

I am sure Tourist would be very DISAPPOINTED to read your comments.

SASless
13th Jun 2005, 19:01
Children...Children! Not it off....neutral corners please! You old dino's know the only thing wrong with "youth" is that it is wasted upon the young! Now give the youngun's some sea room to cruise. You youngun's need to remember old age and treachery win out every time!:E

cazatou
13th Jun 2005, 19:07
SASless,

Good point - well made.

Er, didn't you mean "Knock it off"?

Tourist
13th Jun 2005, 19:17
Sh1t!
You fossils are correct!
Now that the enemies at our gates realise that we can't spell like we used to, their barbarian hordes will surely overthrow us! :rolleyes:

Onan the Clumsy
13th Jun 2005, 19:19
There are quotes deriding the "yoof of today" from well before Roman times. Ah yes, but that was PROPER derision, not any of the half baked, ill thought out and poorly executed put downs you hear today. :*

cartoon ranger
13th Jun 2005, 19:47
Beags,

You have to be happy with the fact, that a topic which started accusing you of being boring, now has nearly as many pages as the "Chinnok hitting back" thread. (Which must be regarded as the mother of all pprune threads)

Anyway, hope life is treating you well.

Regards

Ranger (Ex rearcrew oik)

BEagle
13th Jun 2005, 19:59
Things are fine, thanks, cartoon ranger!

Ignore Tourist; he appears to have some obsession with bottoms. A navy thing, I guess......

Tourist
13th Jun 2005, 20:02
touche..........:p

Tonkenna
14th Jun 2005, 02:14
especially from old duffers like you who can barely remember their last front line tour.

Yes Tourist, it is difficult to remember when my last operational tour was, whilst I am sat here, several thousand miles away from home, on QRA:confused:

You obviously have know idea... Tourist may well be an apt name for you.:hmm:

I have a great deal of respect for the youngsters who come through the system today, and we can all learn from each other... my copilot has taught me how to use an Xbox afterall.

(and my god what must he be like in the crewroom!)

A gobby sh~te like you, but obviously not up to your standards:zzz:

Tonks:)

Drygeezer
15th Jun 2005, 00:52
I am soooooooooooooooo glad that this thread is still going.

Edit: You are way out of line with that post. Not funny at all. PPP

Onan the Clumsy
15th Jun 2005, 02:23
You can't. That one's sticky...

...unless of course, they make THIS one a sticky too :E

BEagle
15th Jun 2005, 05:54
The Chinook thread supports efforts to clear the good names of the deceased Chinook crew and to correct the injustice of Wratten and Day.

Whereas this thread was started with little more than spiteful personal abuse as its sole objective.

There is no comparison between the two.

PPRuNe Pop
15th Jun 2005, 06:25
As one or two people have taken this thread as a vehicle for their own sad, personal and stupid comments I am closing it.

PPP

diginagain
15th Jun 2005, 06:25
IMHO, for the reasons outlined above, could we not have this rather childish rant stopped? It does rather detract from an otherwise useful and entertaining resource.

BTW, 'useful and entertaining resource' also applies to BEagle.