PDA

View Full Version : What’s wrong with this scenario?

international hog driver
3rd Jun 2005, 17:40
Its Friday and I just got a call from mate at a big airline saying don’t call him on the mobile because he wont answer in case its operations and they want him to fly?

Why?

Well it turns out that they are so short of pilots that they are cancelling flights.

Remember last summer, the public apologies, “no this will not happen again”, some even fell on their sword. Company is making a profit but they can’t crew scheduled services. Their excuse…. we can’t get pilots!

What a load of BS, I just came back from what we all like to do on a Friday (and I only had one!) with a bunch of guys, experience from zero to 5000hrs, all would give their left nut to have a go at the job or in some case’s any job. What precludes them….

As put in another thread NO MANS LAND.

If they can take a low time guy and stick him straight in the right seat and do ok, what’s wrong with someone experienced but not rated???

Management wake up,

When your check-in staff start walking out in droves or not showing up because they are completely fed up with irate passengers who rightly or wrongly vent their spleen at those at the coal face.

When your revenues and yield start to decrease, putting those performance bonus’ at risk.

When you existing crew don’t answer their phones on day’s off because they might be pressured into flying.

Don’t say you can’t find any pilots.

MrBernoulli
4th Jun 2005, 09:56
Why not be up front and say clearly which airline you mean? Go on, be BRAVE!

Cap Loko
4th Jun 2005, 10:23
i.h.d., well said, sounds familiar:

Here another bloke from no man's land looking for a job, can't find any company interested:
2700 tt
+1800 hrs me turboprop multicrew
+900 me tubroprop command multicrew

cheers

international hog driver
4th Jun 2005, 12:18
Its not that hard to think back which Big Airline made the news so much last year now is it??;) :E :ok: :ok:

And no its not the orange mob who are chartering others because their crews are reaching max too.....

:ouch: :ouch: :ok: