PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines - need to reconfirm flight?

brockenspectre
3rd Jun 2005, 14:28
I am in Missouri and due to return to the UK tomorrow. My flight was/is booked with British Airways with the transatlantic sector on BA and the US domestic sector with American Airlines (operated by American Eagle). On the way out I checked in online via the BA website, I know I can't do that for my return trip, but was wondering if I need to reconfirm my American Airlines/Eagle flight? I have checked the AA website and can't find anything mentioning it!

Thanks in advance for help :ok:

PaperTiger
3rd Jun 2005, 15:10
Reconfirmation on US domestic hasn't been necessary for years (decades ?). That said, since you're a long way from home I'd call just to verify the departure time. These sometimes change for no apparent reason :confused: and informing the booked pax is hit-and-miss at times :ooh:

Globaliser
3rd Jun 2005, 19:24
You might be able to check in online for your BA flight on the return even if you can't do it for the AA first sector - must be worth a try if you're near a computer.

seacue
3rd Jun 2005, 21:38
My last AA flight SXM/SJU/BWI (about 3 weeks ago) I called to reconfirm. The nice lady said I really didn't have to but that it was a good idea since they took my phone number to allow contact. It also allows you to verify the schedule.

Have a nice trip home.

seacue

brockenspectre
5th Jun 2005, 10:39
Thanks for replies! As the computer I was using at my friends didn't like loading the BA website I couldn't try the online check in and as I couldn't find a number to telephone I just checked the airport website that all was running on time. :ok: I am now home until 0600 tomorrow when I head out to FRA from LCY for three weeks work!!