PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ziggy Kotze

Gunship
3rd Jun 2005, 10:32
:sad: The sad news do not end ... :sad:

I was with Ziggy for 6 years on 31 Sqn, Hoedspruit and arguably the best engineer I have worked with.

He never bragged about his kills or skills but the quite man was such a great asset to us it was unbelievable. His leadership skills was a motivation to both NCO's and officers alike :ok:

RIP Ziggy - you will always be remembered :sad:

My family's sincerest condolences to the Kotze family.

Once again I have the unpleasant task of informing you all about the passing away of one of 31 Squadron old members.

Ziggie Kotze passed away this week. An unfortunate accident caused his death. Apparently he was working on a car when then car fell off the trestles or jacks and killed him.

We all knew Ziggie as a person with a heart of gold.

Our prayers are guided to the Kotze family in these dark times.

If I do get information regarding the funeral details, I will let all of you know...

Sad groete

Banzai-blades
3rd Jun 2005, 19:17
Ditto Gunns.

What a sad loss of one of the bretheren.

Ziggy you were and always will be a top man.

Condolences to all the family. Gunns, please pass on if you speak to the family.

Gunship
4th Jun 2005, 01:31
Cheers mate.

Worked tonight but must admit he was always in my mind :sad:

From the 31 Sqn news group .. I can not say it better :sad:

Let us all remember Ziggie as he always was...friendly, compasionate, willing and humble!

That was him ... RIP Ziggy

marc perkins
5th Jun 2005, 07:32
I had the pleasure of flying with Ziggy at 15 Sqn in Durban.

Particular memories are of a hair raising sea rescue off the Transkei Coastline, in huge swell, driving rain and with 20 sailors in the water. We were one of two Oryx s' (Super Puma) to arrive on scene early morning, and Ziggy was our winch operator/engineer on the flight. Ziggy pulled out all the stops in near impossible conditions,and ensured that a few sailors were on terra firma that evening.

Big man, larger heart, and even bigger ability. Well respected always, and better known as a gentle giant.

Very sad news indeed

Condolences to friends and family

"Keep your rev's up fellow the moon is yellow tonight !"

mp

Gunship
6th Jun 2005, 20:54
Nice words Marc.

Ziggy's wife wanted the service over asap and that was done on Saturday already.

They are hoping for a 15 Sqn memorial service (in short translated) :sad:

Ziggie se vrou, Annalise, wou die verrigtinge so spoedig moontlik laat af handel. Die diens was reeds Saterdag middag, 4rde Junie, om 15h00 by die N.G. Gemeente in Umgeni Road in Durban gewees.

Ek het eers Vrydag aand daarvan gehoor. Hier was 'n paar ouens wat wou gaan indien dit hierdie week sou wees maar dit was te vinnig vir ons gewees.

Net ook 'n baie groot dankie aan oud lid Bruce Clark wat Annalise en die familie so deeglik bygestaan het met die reëlings aan daardie kant! Dit wys vir ons net weereens van wat se stofasie 31 se oudlede van gemaak is. Thanks Bruce!!

Bruce het gesê dat hy dalk nog 'n rou-diens probeer reël met die OC van 15 Eskader maar hy sal later na my toe kom as hy detail het...