PDA

View Full Version : gazelle folding blades kit

md 600 driver
3rd Jun 2005, 09:02
does any one know if the gazelle folding blade kit can be used when the aircraft is being transported by road or sea

or do the blades have to be removed

reegards steve

flygunz
3rd Jun 2005, 09:36
In my experience the blades were always removed and transported in the blade box. Makes sense as they are secure and the Gazelle fits into a narrow space on a plane or ship,you are less likely to get damage this way.
Regards

CarPete
3rd Jun 2005, 10:20
There is a blade folding kit, at least we had them in Teeny weeny airways, no idea where you would get one from though.

Thats what the transverse tube about 2/3rds of the way down the tailboom is for (locking in the blade support

timex
3rd Jun 2005, 15:55
Yes you can, quite a quick process

md 600 driver
3rd Jun 2005, 16:42
i have not xplained nough
i have a blade folding kit already i just wondered if the folding kit had ever been used when on the back of a lorry or on a boat

steve

HEDP
3rd Jun 2005, 17:39
The blade folding kit is okay for this. If you see some footage from the Falklands then it was used to good effect with aircraft on deck in pretty heavy seas. They were folded and spread in these conditions too,

Regards

HEDP

SilsoeSid
3rd Jun 2005, 17:41
i have a blade folding kit already i just wondered if the folding kit had ever been used when on the back of a lorry or on a boat If you let us have some serial numbers, a history could possibly be worked out. ;)

If the kit had once been at 3 BAS, the chances are that your folding kit may have been taken to sea. I would have thought easier to fold blades on board than to remove them.

As for whether or not yours had been used when on the back of a lorry or on a boat, there are probably so many kits out there in a corner of a store somewhere, I doubt if anyone would be able to tell you the history of your particular set.

Yellow blade to the rear from what I can remember. :ok:

http://pdennez.free.fr/AVIONS/images/Photos/av033.JPG

md 600 driver
4th Jun 2005, 06:48
SilsoeSid

the blade folding kit only has part numbers no serial numbers
i know this will make things a little more difficult but thank you for helping
steve