PDA

View Full Version : Army to RAF?FASTRACK?

matt22scotland
3rd Jun 2005, 00:26
well i`ve seen the light.
i put in for a transfer to the aac 3years ago m & r said not experiaced enough so stag on my current trade till last july put in another afb241 to be told in march "too old".
so 27 to old for my dream to be in the AAC.
now i would like to come to the raf but i am not confident in the army being quick about it which is really putting me off bothering.
now i prepared to get into bother to cut out alot of the army bull**** redtape to get a trasfer trough quicker and easier.
i looking at the wsop branch.
any help anyone??????

opps sorry about the spelling but i spilt tea over my keyboard recently and some of the keys are ucked

Flobadob
3rd Jun 2005, 07:21
Not good enough for AAC and you spill your tea on your keyboard?

I would forget WSOP and try for Admin(Sec), shuffling paper sounds more like your cup of tea........ :ok:

matt22scotland
3rd Jun 2005, 13:24
you been smokeing weeed.
no perfectly goo enough as i said in the text to old.
duhh
army types i dont know

joe2812
3rd Jun 2005, 15:59
Perhaps 'Crew Member' at Maccie D's maybe? The one near me is recruiting part-time AND full-time staff!

matt22scotland
3rd Jun 2005, 23:15
2182 we are not all thick in the barmy in fact comments like yours put your self down it is a seroius question requireing a serious answwer if you cannot provide that then dont contributed as your makeing yourself look thick.
idoit

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Jun 2005, 23:27
Matt,

Stop right now fella, a very basic WSOP req is "english" and I am not sure you have grasped that yet..........a life in green is probably the way ahead for you chap:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

akula
4th Jun 2005, 09:39
Matt it is very easy to transfer between services, if you go to a RAF careers office and explain your situation they will advise you on the best way forward. I suggest you go through the application and selection process before you tell the RSM to ram his Regt where the sun don't shine.

ALWAYS assume NEVER check

Hueymeister
4th Jun 2005, 12:04
....and U ort to stop using your mobile phone as a spool chocker ...that mite hellp abit.

Anita Bush
4th Jun 2005, 13:03
First stop would be your local Careers Info Shop. Get as much info as you can - eg try to get on to one of the WSOp 'taster' sesions that used to be held (still being held?) at RAF Cranwell. These used to be a couple of days and included a look around the school and a chat with the instructors.

Second stop would be to have a look at one of the units where you would be interested in flying. Kinloss - Nimrod; Benson/Odiam - SH (sorry.... BH), etc. The more helpful members of this foum should be able to supply you with contact details.

Final bit of advice is do your homework and know EXACTLY what you are getting yourself into before you commit to coming across (Ooooh errrr misses).

Good Luck:ok:

matt22scotland
4th Jun 2005, 16:23
well we finally got there in the end didint we?
thank you anita bush & akula for good advice tips you have both proved there are some decent people out there i will certainly contact the wsop team and get myself on a taster coourse.

always broke in wilts and huey master you thickheads read the first comment i made thats right your WRONG you bunch of DHeads
i.e sorry about the spelling mistakes my keyboard is naff.
i hope you two are not wsops cause your observation skills are very poor.

Hueymeister
4th Jun 2005, 19:39
Always BiW...lend me your 'thicker' line will you...this one's going to be a tad tricky to land...the hooks's in too far!!!

Matt22Jock

If you really want to transfer I wish you all the luck in the world..what you're currently getting is 'mild chicken Korma banter'. TTFN

ps The WSOP line to SH has been closed...see, there I have been helpful.
HM

matt22scotland
4th Jun 2005, 20:56
well thankyou huey.
i dont mind banter and humour.
but when i asked a serious life changeing career question am after proper serious answers in reply.
that is all i am asking.
if it was constructed in the way that you just made your reply then fine beacause there is some decent info in there for me.

joe2812
4th Jun 2005, 21:03
Fair dink mate, no offence intended, I withdraw my comment... best of luck with the transfer :ok:

Always_broken_in_wilts
4th Jun 2005, 21:19
I stand by my earlier comments, because as nacked as your keyboard may be a better grasp of our native tongue will be required if you are to make the move from the dark side:ok:

We currently have an ex green thing coming to the end of his J course who is articulate, intelligent and literate, not qualities that one normally associates with pongoes, but they are qualities that will be needed to make your transfer wishes come true.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but in the ever shrinking RAF we live in and in tandam with the academic quality of todays young applicants it's pretty tough to make the grade.

That aside I wish you well with your application and should/when you make it please feel free to ring the J school here in wilts and and tell me to wind me neck in :ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

wg13_dummy
4th Jun 2005, 22:17
feel free to ring the J school here in wilts and and tell me to wind me neck in

matt, if you don't have the number for the dog handlers section, give me a shout. I know Airdog 'Bonzo'. :ok:

A pencil with no lead as always ABIW!!

Matt, who did you speak to with regard to AAC (no names etc)?

(This does smell a bit fishy though if you ask me...........)

Always_broken_in_wilts
4th Jun 2005, 22:30
Well at least you got half your name correct:rolleyes:

All spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

matt22scotland
5th Jun 2005, 17:01
j section ?i take thats the Army to Raf spelling school??

well if you give me the number i mayremember how to punch(literally)the buttons.
and get the ball rolling.

why would i want to phone the dog section?
Am i that good at being bait??
yes it was my RCMO that told me that the Manning and Records were`t accepting me as i am over the hill!

literate well i heard that the entrance test to the raf is
say air
say hair
say lair

put all together air hair lair welcome to the Raf!

:D

C130 Techie
5th Jun 2005, 18:59
Good grief!!

Matt22 - Do yourself a favour and remember the old saying,

When you're in a hole - stop digging!!