PDA

View Full Version : The Future

SamKitch
2nd Jun 2005, 15:06
Dear All

I know nobody can be certain, but in your view what do you think the pilot industry will be like in 2008, i have heard loads of stuff like
'by 2008 low hour pilots will find it very very very hard to find there first job'

So what do you think the pilot industry for low hour pilots be like in 2008?

Thank You for Your Input.

P.S Just out of interest in the selection for a flying school like oxford, (which out of research is the best flying school in europe). Is the Physchometric tests difficult and is there anyware where i can practice also is it true what they say only a very basic knowledge of Maths And Physics is needed to pass selection?

Sam

eoincarey
2nd Jun 2005, 17:12
Think weve already spoken on another topic samkitch.

The fact is the industry is very cyclical in nature, with booms and busts returning every seven or so years. This is not a really hard and fast rule, and 9/11 might have knocked things out of sync a bit, but as a general rule its ok. To get a real idea of what job prospects will be like in 2008, take a closer look at market forecasts, or ask an economist; a poor economy means hard times for everyone, including airlines. Last thing I heard was that the economy is starting to slow down, with interest rates goin up and all that (I really dont understand all that stuff).

The golden question is where are we now in the cycle, peak or low? When you look at the degrading conditions in the industry and the surplus of pilots, sometimes I wish i knew.

ETC

Lolo737
2nd Jun 2005, 17:26
Sam,

Its very hard for a low hour pilot to find a job now never mind 2006, 2007, 2008... Without getting all technical I should imagine its always going to be pretty tough.

Previous posts have indicated your interest in Ryanair. I would seriously hope that having paid Oxfords costs that you'd be able to set your sights a little higher.

[Note to Oxford ('the best flying school in europe')?? Guess thats a marketing budget well spent.;) ]

eoincarey
2nd Jun 2005, 17:54
come on now lolo, we cant try this again. We've already tried to reason him out of applying to ryanair, I think his minds made up!

ETC

SamKitch
2nd Jun 2005, 17:58
Cheers Guys

Ryan Air Ryan Air

Too be honest im just looking at my options and will keep doing so.

Thank You

Lolo737
2nd Jun 2005, 18:16
Yep Sam, keep looking!

Eoin...;)

smith
3rd Jun 2005, 08:28
SAM

Is the Physchometric tests difficult

Is this a cross between physical and mental tests, if you got £60k in your wallet you passed.