PDA

View Full Version : ipods do my head in

redfred
2nd Jun 2005, 11:25
this maybe a very simple question to some but for me i cant seem to do it, ive setup my ipod on my pc, downloaded loads of tunes from limewire but i cant seem to get them onto my ipod, the instructions say once you plug the usb lead into the pc the songs automatically cross to the ipod but not on mine, anyone know what im doing wrong?

ORAC
2nd Jun 2005, 12:01
Have you imported them into iTunes?

redfred
2nd Jun 2005, 12:10
yes they show on my limewire tunes in the itunes folder

ORAC
2nd Jun 2005, 12:38
Does the Ipod appear in iTunes when you plug it in?
If so, is Itunes set to automatically synchronise?

joe2812
2nd Jun 2005, 15:17
yes they show on my limewire tunes in the itunes folder

Do they physically appear in the Library when you open iTunes though? Check what ORAC says about automatic updates.

Try booting your computer with the iPod already plugged in aswell as with it unplugged. When you plug it in iTunes should start on its own and update itself.

Silver Tongued Cavalier
2nd Jun 2005, 15:52
Are these songs legit or pirate?

I think itunes will not transfer limewire pirated songs to your ipod, due to copyright issues.

What you need to do is use the winamp program with the ipod plugin which enables you to upload and download any songs to and from your ipod to winamp collection.

No need for stupid itunes at all!!

Your ipod finally becomes useful !!! :cool:

http://mlipod.sf.net

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888

Loose rivets
2nd Jun 2005, 22:50
My son has just got a refund on his unit (with two days to spare) because of a world wide problem. will try to get details.

Daysleeper
3rd Jun 2005, 06:29
Limewire tunes should transfer to your iPod no problems in their own "limewire" playlist.

Not that I would know, ahem:E

goates
3rd Jun 2005, 16:59
Itunes can import any MP3, AAC or Apple lossless file into it's own library just fine, unless it has some sort of DRM encryption on it. As most songs on Kazaa, Limewire and elsewhere are MP3, all you need to do is import them into iTunes and then sync with the iPod. There is no way for iTunes to know whether the song is pirated or not. Note that just copying them to the iTunes music folder directly doesn't work as iTunes still won't know about them.

goates

Honest Fr@nk
6th Jun 2005, 20:08
I managed to get the limewire playlist in itunes across to the itunes library by "launching" the songs from the limewire library.