PDA

View Full Version : New aviation news site (engineers)

fordran
2nd Jun 2005, 10:49
Received news yesterday of a website linked to "The Voice" newsletter that I've been getting sent for the last few months at -

http://www.voxengineer.com/

I bet the alaea are pleased that someones doing what they should have done years ago.

Gone Sailing
2nd Jun 2005, 13:33
What a breath of fresh air....

If only the ALAEA had these guys running their site.

Communication, what a novel concept.

Orville
2nd Jun 2005, 16:11
Very impressive, is there going to be a forum?

Mr Qantas
3rd Jun 2005, 06:14
Its all just a load of rubish from those dhead Mexican fools. You realy need to ask why they wont put there name to it if the want honest and truthful information. The site looks ok though if you like a good story. Ill just keep reading the oficial notices.

Crystal Marina
3rd Jun 2005, 11:34
I see that the voice has published a statement from a HM LAME that states the following:-

"We are all concerned that the Line guys will vote it in because they think it won't affect them. We just want them to be aware that Overtime banking was originally confined to Forstaff Avalon, it spread to Qantas Bne and now they want it in all Heavy Maint areas. They keep changing the rules and eventually it will be implemented in Line Maint. I can see a time when they stand down the workers an hour early on night shift and take it out of their bank. "

This HM LAME may well have been one of those that stitched up his mates for the implementation of Brisbane Heavy Maintenance when he voted to accept this facility.

He may well have even been a Line 2 LAME and has stitched up his mates well.

Hypocrisy at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ok: :ok: :ok:

numbskull
3rd Jun 2005, 12:09
I used to disagree with everything that Mr Qantas wrote but recently I have found myself agreeing with him and its scaring me!!!!!

I agree with some points "the voice" makes but your anonymity(apologies to the spelling police) makes me distrustful.

You are going to have to declare yourselves before the next elections so why not start your campaign now and let everyone know who you are. Its going to have to happen sooner or later if you are to be successful.

Travelair
3rd Jun 2005, 21:34
I wonder what Mr Qantas has against us mexicans....:bored:

Crystal Marina
5th Jun 2005, 10:07
Numbskull,
You are probably another on I can add to my good list!

Travelair,
Oh Der!!!!:ok:

Pity City
6th Jun 2005, 10:23
ok for all of you gloomsdayers out there.

How does someone get stood down from their shift if (A) the are not in the VOLUNTARY overtime bank & (B) have not worked any overtime.

IN base there is not that much overtime so how can they stand you down, I myself have not done any in almost 2 years.

fordran
7th Jun 2005, 06:51
IN base there is not that much overtime so how can they stand you down, I myself have not done any in almost 2 years.

Me me me me me. I don't care what happens to the other workers because I don't work overtime.

Neither do I but I do understand that division in our ranks will be our downfall. Many of the lower level boys need overtime to support their famalies. They may not get the opportunity to work it if they don't take part in the VOLUNTARY:yuk: program.

I vote no for them.

Pity City
7th Jun 2005, 22:55
I only used myself as an example of the fact that OT banking will not be much use in Base.

Also if you are voting for your fellow employees, can you be sure they will do the same when the shoe is on the other foot. Remember how you all voted shift penanties out a few EBA's ago. Maybe a few guys in HM thought it wont affect me so I don't care, maybe you yourself did not vote it in, but your fellow lame's did. That decision would affect more people than OT banking will.

Turbo 5B
8th Jun 2005, 22:23
Back in 96 it wouldn't have affected anyone who was working for Qanats as they were exempt from the change in the spread of hours. People got bad advice from the relevant unions (not just the alaea) and sold out the newcomers for a decent sized payrise.
Lets not start that cycle again.
Remember that one of Qantas's requests for this o/t bank was for it to be compulsary for new starters in h/m.
What's on their wish list next eba?
Remember that Qantas IR always think ahead.

sys 4
19th Jun 2005, 06:06
looks good,a change to some of the sites that only offer forums.well done.