PDA

View Full Version : Another payraise?

2nd Jun 2005, 09:52
Lots of rumors around...
Is anyone aware of an additional EK payraise?

donpizmeov
2nd Jun 2005, 10:06
I think it is due when it starts to snow outside. Not sure if the new ski slope counts or not.

Don

2nd Jun 2005, 10:22
Ok Donpi...but that's what I heard...we all must take skiing lessons then....Hope U r wrong..

Payscale
2nd Jun 2005, 12:31
We will know on the 7th June. :}

Shake
2nd Jun 2005, 12:46
I heard the rumour too. I also heard that the '25 CVs per day' bluff has been called and 'recruitment' is a big issue in the Ivory Tower right now. A recent 777 course was cancelled due to no shows, more to the point NO ONE showed up and resignations continue. The sum of those not coming added to those going is eventually going to hurt.

I am not sure that a pay rise in itself will solve the problem. We need to construct a firmer base on which to build for the future and try and re-establish some trust and goodwill which has all but been destroyed over recent years. Throwing money at the problem, whilst very welcome, is ofcourse a short term & temporary fix. In the long run any meaningful changes will come if the management work together with the pilots and that will require a fundamental change in attitude from 'pilots meetings and coercion' to 'pilot representation & cooperation'.

Snowed in the North of the UAE this year...anythings possible.

Trashed Aviator
2nd Jun 2005, 19:33
Earl Hadlea well said , and its all acheivable.
Its not just about pay ............
The conditions are the main problem for the resignations , overworked and the treatment of F/Os especially upgrades.
In the future when a fleet stops growing you could be a long term F/O while a guy with 3 years on another type gets a command and probably half the hours, this is scaring a lot of new joiners away especially those with high experience which in a normal world would be desirable..
Imagine being the last F/O on the 45th 380 with 3 years up then the 787s arrive but only 777 drivers can go on it with Decs and fast track and 3 year upgrades.
No other large airline makes a lottery out of upgrades its normally fair datal and on ability , if not able then tell the person dont shove them into a corner...

2nd Jun 2005, 20:08
Ok Payscale...What's going on on June the 7th???
Why should we know that particular day?

desert_knight
2nd Jun 2005, 21:18

Ok Payscale...What's going on on June the 7th ???Why should we know that particular day?

Beacause that's the day the corporate email told me I could go and hear about my Payrise..............do none of you log into your company email accounts?

Cheers

BYMONEK
2nd Jun 2005, 22:55
Correct me if i'm wrong , but isn't it Captains only?

desert_knight
3rd Jun 2005, 02:08
"....Dubai core grades pay review effective, 1st July 2005..."

"........all Line Managers in grades EK.09 and above are invited to attend the presentation....."

Tuesday 7th June 2005 : 14.00 to 15:30 hours

White Knight
3rd Jun 2005, 03:30
Are us lowly pilots not EK.06 and EK.07??

Global Nomad
3rd Jun 2005, 05:42
DK

This is a very important meeting .... if you work in an office.

They deserve an increase as well.

3rd Jun 2005, 06:52
Trimotor...R u going to attend the meeting?
Any Idea what to expect?

Ghostflyer
3rd Jun 2005, 12:29
As much chance as t*ts on a frog of getting another payrise in the near future. If I'm wrong I'll go to the Irish Village, drink 10 pints of p*ss and eat the aforementioned creatures legs.:oh:

SecurID
3rd Jun 2005, 14:22
You need an excuse like no further pay rise to drink ten pints and eat a plate of frog's legs? Sounds like a great night out to me!

The rumours are coming in thick and fast though, how about someone from higher up the ladder (come on, we know you read this ;)) denying the rumour before it gets to eat at the very heart of what little morale is left.

3rd Jun 2005, 15:20
Ok Ghost I'll be more than happy to buy You 10 pints of beer at the Irish Village if the rumor is true...

Payscale
3rd Jun 2005, 16:47
Fact: A meeting has been called to announce Something.

Fact: Every captain, as they are considered senior managers, have been invited.

Fact: EK are not stupid. You may not like them. But that is a different matter.

Fact: Dubai core payreview is 15% for expats, and 25% for locals.
(fact: That is bloody illegal in the free world:* )

Fact: We just got 8%

Guess: We get the remaining 7%

Guess: It will not make people stay

Guess: It will take a real pension, not a kittycatfood provident fund to make people stay.

maddog62
3rd Jun 2005, 17:27
Guess: It will take a real pension, not a kittycatfood provident fund to make people stay.

Spot on..........

EK doesn't only need people to stay, it needs to change it's well earned bad reputation and attract good enough pilots...and that's not gonna happen overnight.

Recently flew with a recruitment captain who told me that even if EK hires everybody who's applying (three applications a day) and eventually shows up, it's not gonna be enough......:p :p :p

The payrise better be massive and transition upgrades taken into consideration again....than we would be talking...;)

mad

3rd Jun 2005, 19:58
Payscale,when U say "we get 7%" U mean we as captains or we as pilots...???

Lite Bulb
3rd Jun 2005, 21:03
Well Guys, a frog singing a mobile ringtone is number 1 in the UK music charts so anything is possible.

The meeting is for Office Managers. They are having difficulty recruiting them as well with the package they offer. The rumour is 7%.

We have had ours, now it is their turn. I'll join you in the I.V. if we get any more.

Payscale
3rd Jun 2005, 21:13
616200Dude

.. What would happen if a payrise was awarded to one group and not the other? Drama! Give it to the FO and the captains will leave plus the incentive to become a captain would equally diminish. Give it to the captains and the FO will jump ship or never show up to the courses...

Dont read anything into the letter only being sent to captains. The cant fit the whole corps into the auditorium.

They will only pay 1 Dhs over what they need to, to change the trend. Obviously. The danger in offering too little, is that it will not change the trend. Offering too much in financially unsound.;)

Vorsicht
4th Jun 2005, 01:11
I think you will find that this is just the annual pay review for the office boys. We have already had ours and got 8%. There will be nothing for us. The only reason we were invited is because the person who sent the email pressed the button that includes our pay grade, so it went to all "managers' of which we are considered to be. If it was specific to us it would have come through flight ops not CC

fatbus
4th Jun 2005, 04:37
I think your right in both cases.

Payscale
4th Jun 2005, 05:27
Well, then explain why the backroom charlies would be covered by the Dubai Core Pay blabla, which is 15/25% and we were not? I am am optimist......could not work here and smile if I wasnt :}

Dr Know
4th Jun 2005, 09:30
all "managers' of which we are considered to be.

..Only when it suit them!:=

Payscale
4th Jun 2005, 19:00
Well. Lets see on the 7th.

Can't think of a name
5th Jun 2005, 03:16
C'mon guys! What are you smoking? That stuff is not legal round here.....

Obviously it's managed to disconnect some people from reality! A second payrise for pilots in as many months??!?!?!

I gotta get me a packet of those cigarettes!!!.....Hey Mun....cooool.....check out that pig flyin' by dude....wooooow...

Seriously though......Well said Vorsicht......This meeting is not for us, and if it was, it would be to explain the logic of the payrise that we ALREADY received, how they arrived at the number of 8%...etc etc....

And if I'm wrong, then I guess there's going to be a bigger meeting at the IV, a LOT of pints, and a lot of little frogs needing wheelchairs!

desert_knight
7th Jun 2005, 16:32
pay rise for EK core grades:

7% increase to basic salary band (this means that depending where you are in the salary band you might get anywhere from just under 4% to 7%)
3% Merit rise
10% Utilities
10% Transport allowance.

So relax, Pilots got more than the rest of us :ugh:

BYMONEK
7th Jun 2005, 17:09
By 1%..................but i'm not complaining!

7th Jun 2005, 17:46
Sorry guys I don't get it.... As far as I understand this pay increase was just for ground employees...Am I wright?

desert_knight
7th Jun 2005, 19:11
Assuming you mean "right" as in correct and not "Wright" as in those pioneer flying chaps, then, yes, you are correct.

The pay increase was for the core EK grades 1 to 10.

Lite Bulb
7th Jun 2005, 23:57
Guess the IV bash is off then and the frogs are safe for another year!